• Latest posts...

1. 324

Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

2. 12

Nationwide Alcohol Sales Ban Set for October 17th as Thailand Marks End of Buddhist Lent

3. 11

Thailand Live Tuesday 15 October 2024

4. 0

Nakhon Si Thammarat: Husband Accidentally Shoots Wife, Flees on Motorcycle

5. 630

Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

6. 3

Rodriquez vs Google (spam or real)

7. 9

Window Seat for Sleeping.

8. 1

Rising Tensions on the Korean Peninsula as North Korea Threatens Strikes Over Drones

9. 0

12-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Kanchanaburi River, Body Found 15 Kilometres Away

10. 87

Sending food back to the kitchen?

Organic Coconut Oil (Genuine)

DavidOxon

I buy from a spa which says its pure virgin coconut oil. The owner is a farang guy and he seems quite trustworthy as his business has been going for years. It si expensive however.

I would suggest steering clear of 'herb basics' produce as everything Ive bought from there has never been what it says and the quality is not great.

Sawasee Khrup, Khun David,

At the "Old Lanna Pavilion" section in Airport Plaza, first floor, there's a shop that has coconut oil they advertise as "cold-pressed" and "virgin:" given TIT, we're not sure what "virgin" means, let alone "cold-pressed," and given the high rents for shops in that area, would guess you can find what they have cheaper, elsewhere.

If you do locate a manufacturer, where you can buy wholesale, would appreciate you sharing the information here, thanks.

best, ~o:37;

I don't think organic coconut is something you will find readily available and if you do it will be cost prohibitive. If you're looking for a healthy drink, the key is to just find coconut oil from young green coconuts without having extra sugar added to it.

I think I may have found a source that can provide coconut oil without added sugar for a reasonable price and will have the details in a day or so. I'm not sure if there will be a limit on the quantity available, so if you want I can PM you with more info when I get it.

I don't think organic coconut is something you will find readily available and if you do it will be cost prohibitive. If you're looking for a healthy drink, the key is to just find coconut oil from young green coconuts without having extra sugar added to it.

I think I may have found a source that can provide coconut oil without added sugar for a reasonable price and will have the details in a day or so. I'm not sure if there will be a limit on the quantity available, so if you want I can PM you with more info when I get it.

Extracting coconut oil is a pretty diificult process. Organic coconuts are also hard to find.

The price I pay is 300bt for 180ml, like I say not cheap.

"Nam ga dtee" from any market is always cheap. If you leave it in the fridge it will ferment into coconut cream.

There is also a small stall every week at the Waulai Rd walking street market that sells coconut oil.

I think from memory it is reasonably close to the Harley Davidson place (RichCo), but I'm not sure how organic or virginal it is.

HI

found extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil in Rimping

250 ml - 200 baht

1000ml - 500 baht

It is solidish below 27°C

supposed to be good for treating athlete's foot, jock itch, and a good alternative to cheap massage oils etc, etc...

David

HI

found extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil in Rimping

250 ml - 200 baht

1000ml - 500 baht

It is solidish below 27°C

supposed to be good for treating athlete's foot, jock itch, and a good alternative to cheap massage oils etc, etc...

David

Hi David

Was the one in Rimping organic...???

Ive just heard of a new method called "oil pulling" that sounds very interesting.

oil pulling sounds positively disgusting! (Note to self.... try oil pulling)

oil pulling works like a champ. It doesn't make sense to me on some levels but it really does something special for the body.

I have never found Coconut oil great for pulling. I have found Olive and raw sunflower oil best but it's interesting to rotate and experiment with different oils. I am under the impression that different oils have different actions in the body.

oil pulling wiki

oilpulling

Saw a small stand the other day off of the walking street. If you are walking from the Tapae, turn left just before the temple. Maybe 20 meters inside that sub street, there was a vendor selling organic and "natural" oil. Not sure of the quality, just saying what I saw.

I was walking down Nimmanhaeman Soi 11 the other night and noticed a little shop about to open that was called simply Coconut Oil. The proprietors were hanging curtains late at night and it looked like it was about to open the next day or two. Right across from the parking lot of Salad Concept.

• 1 month later...

I am curious what would make coconuts not organic - just not being certified? Do they actually have to use chemicals to help them grow otherwise or to keep pests off? Or is it a matter of having the trees be out of the city away from polutions?

I'm in the states and currently get my coconut oil from this place online which has a pretty good FAQ if you want to know more about coconut oil (http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/faq.htm). We use it for everything so buy it by the 5 gallon bucket! Lasts a while :)

If you're looking for a healthy drink, the key is to just find coconut oil from young green coconuts without having extra sugar added to it.

You drink coconut oil? How much do you drink at a time? Or is it coconut milk?

I think that he means coconut water. I drink it every day, but it has not turned me into Jack Lalanne just yet.

No, Dante is correct. It is Coconut milk.It comes from the small coconuts called -Ma Hom Plow. The flesh or meat is absolutely lovely to eat ,as well. In English ,there is no such thing as coconut water. The mistake comes from the translation from Thai- Nam Ma Plow. In the Thai language ,NOM (milk) is only used for the liquid that comes from mammals. For cooking if speaking English , you use Coconut cream ,which is made from the large coconuts,The Thais basically do not drink the liquid from the big coconuts.It s not so nice, We used to drink in Oz, only because we knew no better ,i.e., we did not grow Ma Plow Hom.It was always known as coconut milk.

Coconut milk is a sweet, milky white cooking base derived from the meat of a mature coconut. The color and rich taste of the milk can be attributed to the high oil content. The term coconut milk is not the same as coconut water (coconut juice), which is the naturally occurring liquid found inside the hollow coconut.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_milk

Coconut milk has lots of fat and calories, but some people say that it is healthy fat even though it is the saturated kind. :unsure:

The coconut palm that produces the nut that is usually used to produce coconut oil is a distinctly different palm from the one that produces the nut we usually see in Chiang Mai which people drink and eat from.

I think that he means coconut water. I drink it every day, but it has not turned me into Jack Lalanne just yet.

Not until you are able to say; "if man made it, don't eat it", and "if it tastes good, spit it out.wink.gif