What To Do In Pattaya

slippery when wet

Hello, I will be visiting pattaya soon with my children and am seeking advise on where to take them. They are ages 3 and 6.

Have been to water park, elephant farm, mini Siam before but am after recommendations on where else.

P.S have the use of a car so distance within a 30km radius is no problem.

Thanks ....slippery

I'm sure the kids would love watching and feeding the wild monkeys at Ban Saan. It's not a bad beach area either.

Where is Ban Saan?

ban saen is a favourite with Bangkokians who do not want the trashyness of pattaya

its between pattaya and Chonburi, the last big town before Chonburi

there's monkey mountain, a fear inducing temple, a good aquarium at the university and the beach is great

its well thought out, its safe and its well maintained

pattaya beach should aspire to be as good as it is

if you go, try the fish restaurant on the pier at the far end

it surpasses anything around here at half the price

I'm sure the kids would love watching and feeding the wild monkeys at Ban Saan. It's not a bad beach area either.

Where is Ban Saan?

ban saen is a favourite with Bangkokians who do not want the trashyness of pattaya

there's monkey mountain, a fear inducing temple, a good aquarium at the university and the beach is great

Bang Saen, also part of Thailand Super Car motor racing calendar.

Where is Ban Saan?

What is a fear inducing temple?

Very hard finding places to go with children in Pattaya, I suggest you go Khao Kheow Open Zoo ( 30-40 minute drive ), Nong Nooch Gardens, or the beaches north or south of Pattaya, better for children cos they are not so crowded. Wiggle Town is okay but it's expensive, small, and often feels like you are intruding upon a mothers meeting. Nice swimming pools at the Hard Rock Hotel, Mikes Mall (on the roof) or Pattaya Water Park in Jomtien.

A little bit pricey but Underwater World and also Rayong aquarium (cheap). Also, at the navy base beach in Satahip, there is a sea-turtle conservation center, where kids can see turtles and hatchlings up close and learn about marine conservation. Also dome other marine animal displays.

A bit commercial, but the Ripley museum and related attractions on 3rd floor of Royal Garden.

The waterpark and slides at the Centara resort in Naklua are extensive. Not sure but you could inquire if they have a day rate for non-guests.

The Nova Hotel had a mini-golf course at one time. Could contact them to see if still open.

Where is Ban Saan?

Pattaya is Pattaya...Bang Saen is Bang Saen both ate fun in their own way and appeal to different demographics. No need to have two of either within 30 minutes drive of the other.

Edited by FarangBuddha

Very hard finding places to go with children in Pattaya, I suggest you go Khao Kheow Open Zoo ( 30-40 minute drive ), Nong Nooch Gardens, or the beaches north or south of Pattaya, better for children cos they are not so crowded. Wiggle Town is okay but it's expensive, small, and often feels like you are intruding upon a mothers meeting. Nice swimming pools at the Hard Rock Hotel, Mikes Mall (on the roof) or Pattaya Water Park in Jomtien.

Some good advice above, the open Zoo is really good you can drive your car inside and stop at the dedicated parking zones, feed the animals, a beutifull area too. Nong Nooch is vey nice too. Best to go on the working days, no so many people around.

Where is Ban Saan?

Pattaya is Pattaya...Bang Saen is Bang Saen both ate fun in their own way and appeal to different demographics. No need to have two of either within 30 minutes drive of the other.

and why is this relative to this topic and why do you continue to cyber stalk my posts?

Where is Ban Saan?

What is a fear inducing temple?

the temple at Ba Saen has some unusual exhibits

it has statues depicting what Buddhists think might happen to you if you do something bad

its quite graphic

red hot pokers in very sensitive areas for example.............

Where is Ban Saan?

Thanks. I am very familiar with Bang Saen and Burapha University, which is what I assume you and Mighty Mouse are referring to. When I Googled "Ban Saan", I got towns like Ban Plai Khlong Tha Saan, which is not far from the Bangkok airport. I had no idea that there were monkies in Bang Saen, so maybe I'll venture there with the kids -- might be fun.

A little bit pricey but Underwater World and also Rayong aquarium (cheap). Also, at the navy base beach in Satahip, there is a sea-turtle conservation center, where kids can see turtles and hatchlings up close and learn about marine conservation. Also dome other marine animal displays.

A bit commercial, but the Ripley museum and related attractions on 3rd floor of Royal Garden.

The waterpark and slides at the Centara resort in Naklua are extensive. Not sure but you could inquire if they have a day rate for non-guests.

The Nova Hotel had a mini-golf course at one time. Could contact them to see if still open.

Nova Hotel is no longer Nova - now called Centera Hotel and the mini golf is gone!

The University aquarium at Ban Saan is really god and cheap entrance as well.

Second Khao Kheow Open Zoo, go before 11am for the Penguin Parade, the kids will love it.

Stop at Robinson in Sri Racha on the way back and there's a kids playground on the top floor.

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo is also good as there's shows on in sequence so you get to see it all in one go.

There's a mini golf heading up the hill towards Jomtien, and a better one out on Sukhumvit heading south just before Soi Chaiypruek2

Second Khao Kheow Open Zoo, go before 11am for the Penguin Parade, the kids will love it.

Stop at Robinson in Sri Racha on the way back and there's a kids playground on the top floor.

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo is also good as there's shows on in sequence so you get to see it all in one go.

There's a mini golf heading up the hill towards Jomtien, and a better one out on Sukhumvit heading south just before Soi Chaiypruek2

It's after Chaiyapruek 2 and just before the Huay Yai junction but it looks like it's shut and has a big for sale sign up?

It's after Chaiyapruek 2 and just before the Huay Yai junction but it looks like it's shut and has a big for sale sign up?

Oops yes, you're right, I get those 2 junctions mixed up.

I've seen the for sale sign but thought it was still open though.

and why is this relative to this topic and why do you continue to cyber stalk my posts?

The only point in my reply was that you implied that Pattaya should strive to be more like Bangsaen and my feeling was that they are both nice for different demographics and having then both be different was better than having two similar resort towns just down the road from each other.

Edited by Rimmer
Trying to keep the peace

Off topic post removed from view and one post edited in an attempt to keep the peace.

Please stop the bickering, falling out and flaming, otherwise I regret we shall have to step in with our size 10 boots and no one likes that.

Off topic post removed from view and one post edited in an attempt to keep the peace.

Please stop the bickering, falling out and flaming, otherwise I regret we shall have to step in with our size 10 boots and no one likes that.

Even such an innocent topic as to where to take your children induces arguing and flaming. You mods must get a laugh from the conduct of us members! :lol:

IN Pattaya try the Pattaya Park in Jomtien. He may like taking the cable car up the tower or just swim below.

Also Underwater world on Sukimvet. There is horse treking somewhere around here but I'm not sure if they are still active.Does he like cars? Try the go cart racing near bali hai.

Point is there are choices even here.

We just took our first trip to Pattaya in March 2011 with a 2.5yo, 3.5yo, and 5yo. Stayed in the old rooms (800 baht/night) at the Silver Sands Villa on Jomtien Beach. Rooms were fine for the price, as we didn't spend all that much time in them. Hotel had two very nice pools, one which had one end shallow for the kids. Jomtien Beach is the "family beach" and it was fine. Water wasn't all that clean and everyone ended up with minor jellyfish stings, but the kids didn't know any better so they had fun!

For other entertainment we went to the Underwaterworld Aquarium which was nice at first as we got there right when it opened and had the place practically to ourselves. But then the tour buses started arriving and it was pretty packed. Price-wise (we pay Thai pricing for everything), I found it to be quite a bit overpriced. The Siam Ocean World in BKK is exponentially bigger and better and often runs promotions-- it cost us the same to get into the Pattaya aquarium as it does at Siam Ocean World, but the BKK aquarium was much, much better.

We also went to the Million Years Park and Crocodile Farm. Signage was very poor to get there (we had never driven in Pattaya before)-- if you're coming from the opposite direction as we were, there was nothing. Once we realized we overshot the target and turned around, there were signs (some more obscure than others) and we found it alright. Tbe park itself is fine. Our kids liked the train ride which takes you around the park. You can also feed crocodiles, which was fun, but costs 80 baht per piece. Kids were excited about the crocodile show, but the acoustics were very loud and scratchy, so we didn't stay long. My son has a thing with loud noises :) There are also elephants to feed and ride, although the ride costs 400 baht/person so we didn't do that.

So that's what our experience was. Everyone has their own preferences and such. For us, the kids had fun. Seeing the ocean for the first time was a big thing. As a parent, I wasn't that impressed, but for our budget it was just fine.

We also considered the Open Zoo, but the only pricing I found on their website seemed a bit expensive. Anyone know the current rates for that?

Try Rayong Aquarium- regularly take my 2 and 5 year olds there. Now airconditioned easy access for disabled or push chairs. Wonderful clean tanks with a wide range of fish. Under a certain height (can't remember but my 2 year old doesn't) they don't pay an entrance fee - with a Thai driving licence / work permit etc entrance is 40 baht for adults and 20 baht for kids. Remember this if you visit Nong Nooch, Kao Kheow zoo as although they don't advertise it you can get a reduced entrance fee.

The new Pattaya Dolphin Park would be due to open anyday soon, dont know exactly the date though, a friend who went there for a job interview end of March was told it would be opening in about 3 months from then. Anybody know a definate date?

Cabbages and condoms, Pratumnak is good for kids

rain forest, great shallow kids pool with water curtains and slides etc,

small garden, jacuzzi (Kids allowed with parents}, Rabbits wandering around,

parents can relax a bit too... you can also walk down to the beach which is well kept.

I think it's 150B per kid for the day at kid's pool but a different charge at the main pool

you'll have to check at reception.....

Food is quite reasonably priced too