Kindle And Computer

gennisis

My Kindle is unable to access the internet where I live so I download to my computer and then transfer by USB to the KIndle.

My computer access to the internet is by CAT CDMA.

If I plug in the Kindle to the computer does this 'Transfer' internet access direct to the KIndle??

If so I could then download the book direct to the Kindle.

Sorry if this is a stupid questionhuh.gif

Think I should have posted in the Internet Forum... Mods transfer if you wish.

Edited by Crossy
Moved :)

On the Amazon page you have the option to "download to computer" any book you purchase. Do that, then plug your Kindle into your computer and open it just as you would any other external drive, open the file called "documents" and transfer the ebook you downloaded to this folder.

Amazon Kindle uses WhisperNet, so has coverage similar to a mobile phone. If you can't use a mobile at home then you can't use your Kindle online. Also check if you have the 3G or Wifi version. Next time you go to a big town, take your Kindle with you. Be sure to switch wifi on. Keep an eye on your Kindle and it'll automatically pick up the network. If you have a 3g version, it'll say 3G. If you get no signal, then go to the next bigger town. You can not use your Kindle as internet tether under any circumstances. Once online, you can visit Amazon store, browse the web, download books etc. Also the Kindle will automatically update itself if needed. Now, back at home. Get and install Amazon's Kindle for PC software. You can then download any books from the Internet and save them to your Kindle folder on your PC. Or transfer from your Kindle to your PC. You can sync your Kindle with your PC, there is a option on the Kindle to sync. If you have a wifi network at home, the kindle will be able to access your home network. Details in the manual,

Also get Calibre ebook management software as it offers many additional tools, including conversion and news feeds.

Edited by Shokdee

I have the WiFi Kindle and would have been just as happy if it had no WiFi or 3G. I do everything with my home computer. The Kindle will hold thousands of books so there is no need to ever have to download books with the Kindle itself.