English Teacher - Nanny

MacWalen

Your concern is honorable.

I'm sure I will not have nannys for my kids when they are all in school 8 hours per day 5 days per week (what in the world would they do all day?).

If I did have a nanny/maid for 25 years I'd imagine she would have earned yearly raises in pay (or shown the door if she didn't earn it).

Even if I were HiSo I would not have to justify paying any rate someone is willing and happy to be compensated.

I am offering an education to y'all that feel it necessary to grossly overpay someone.

When in Rome.....

We are all educating the OP. Seems like he may be able to bill his gals out at 10 - 15 K baht if they are fluent in English. Seems like most folks want fluency in Thai as well ( pretty or not :D ).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going further off topic but it does get to me when I constantly hear on this forum about Thais being:

Not generous, ripping each other off, or exploring others.

I'm sure there are those like that. But time and time again I also encounter farangs who have ripped me off one way or the other - professional, personal situation.

I know of many many other Thai families who pay their domestic help a very fair salary plus good working conditions. Mentioned those 2 that are just across the road from me. These are not super rich families either - just middle income.

And if we are talking live, family and nannies? Here is one from another Thai , who many farangs on this site seem to constantly put down.

A nanny helped raise a little girl. She was initially paid whatever monthly salary. Then her own daughter had daughters. At various points each of the granddaughter came to live with the 'employer'. Each were put to school in addition to the food an board. After a certain point the 'nanny' stopped receiving a monthly 'salary' but she had free access to all the petty cash for all household shopping AND her personal shopping - clothes, shoes, etc. She gets gift money for: every holiday new year, songkran, Buddhist lent period when she wants to visit her family, when the 'son' or 'daughter' she helped raised visited, everytime the family visit temples she gets a lump sum to do as she leases. Overseas holidays together with the family, gifts from abroad when she didn't go with them. Jewelry for special occasions. A couple of pieces of land. Contribution to the house her daughter and grandchildren bought. Investment shares in company. She became family. And no I'm not talking about any rich hi so family either. She was treated by the kids in exactly the same way they treat their biological mother.

Sorry OP. To derail your discussion.

I'll leave it here.

U R helping the OP further. I can't see him getting anywhere leasing live-in Philipina teachers in Thailand. Thais want Thai live-ins and Thai/falang couples want their live in to at least be fluent in the mother tongue.

I'll leave it here.

U R helping the OP further. I can't see him getting anywhere leasing live-in Philipina teachers in Thailand. Thais want Thai live-ins and Thai/falang couples want their live in to at least be fluent in the mother tongue.

I agree, I know plenty of thai's from chaula that speak outstanding English and not that phili american shit. Wouldn't want my kids speaking with a strong american accent, but mind you I would have GF speak only Thai and Khmer and only me English. Wouldn't need someone to teach my own kids English and I certainly wouldn't pay a none thai for a higher price.

I know this is going further off topic but it does get to me when I constantly hear on this forum about Thais being:

Not generous, ripping each other off, or exploring others.

I'm sure there are those like that. But time and time again I also encounter farangs who have ripped me off one way or the other - professional, personal situation.

I know of many many other Thai families who pay their domestic help a very fair salary plus good working conditions. Mentioned those 2 that are just across the road from me. These are not super rich families either - just middle income.

And if we are talking live, family and nannies? Here is one from another Thai , who many farangs on this site seem to constantly put down.

A nanny helped raise a little girl. She was initially paid whatever monthly salary. Then her own daughter had daughters. At various points each of the granddaughter came to live with the 'employer'. Each were put to school in addition to the food an board. After a certain point the 'nanny' stopped receiving a monthly 'salary' but she had free access to all the petty cash for all household shopping AND her personal shopping - clothes, shoes, etc. She gets gift money for: every holiday new year, songkran, Buddhist lent period when she wants to visit her family, when the 'son' or 'daughter' she helped raised visited, everytime the family visit temples she gets a lump sum to do as she leases. Overseas holidays together with the family, gifts from abroad when she didn't go with them. Jewelry for special occasions. A couple of pieces of land. Contribution to the house her daughter and grandchildren bought. Investment shares in company. She became family. And no I'm not talking about any rich hi so family either. She was treated by the kids in exactly the same way they treat their biological mother.

MIG it just depends on with what kind of people you come in contact with. Many foreigners get into contact with the wrong kind of Thais. I have been ripped off too.. i think i still am at times but not as much anymore now i know what things cost. I think its worse in the tourist area's. I know plenty of nice Thais but i seen things happening in families cheating people stealing from the dead that were bad. Must say that in my own dutch family there was a falling out about money too when my grandfather died. So its not a unique Thai thing.

I'll leave it here.

It would seem to me that this thread (cough*) belongs in the classifieds/jobs wanted section .... but that's just me :)