Shot Pheu Thai MP Pracha Keeps Quiet On Names Of Perpetrators, 'Forgives' Them

webfact

Shot MP keeps quiet on names of perpetrators, 'forgives' them

By The Nation

30155275-01.jpg

Pheu Thai's Pracha urges Suthep not to exploit attack

Pheu Thai Party MP Pracha Prasobdee, who survived an assassination attempt on Tuesday, repeated yesterday he knew who wanted him dead - but still refused to reveal a name and declared forgiveness for his assailants.

At a press conference at a Bangkok hospital where he received treatment, Pracha called on Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban not to try to exploit the shooting for political gains.

Pracha said Suthep probably misunderstood his earlier statement as an inference the Democrat Party had a "role" in the violence. Suthep said on Wednesday he and the Democrat Party had nothing to do with the shooting, which resulted from Pracha's own conflict with his political non-Democrat rivals.

"I don't know whether Suthep was confused … by accusing me of getting involved with other issues that led to my shooting. I would feel better toward him if he visited me and did not say such things in press interviews," he added.

"I never blamed the government - but Suthep is piling up misery on his grievance, which really saddens me," he said, in tears.

The pro-red Samut Prakan MP thanked caretaker premier and Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva for visiting him after the shooting.

Pracha said he had given all details about potential masterminds to the police and had forgiven them.

Suthep called on Pracha to make public the name of the individuals he claimed to know. Pracha had said the chief suspect was possibly the son of a veteran politician based in Samut Prakan.

National police chief Wichean Potephosree said he was confident police would soon arrest the gunmen and those behind the shooting.

Asked whether police were aware of any political violence before the shooting took place, Wichean said there had always been election cheats and harmful threats to candidates in all levels of politics in Samut Prakan.

Phra Pradaeng police in Samut Prakan, the main investigators handling the case, are still searching for a pickup truck of unknown brand and colour used by the team of gunmen. They have narrowed the number of suspect vehicles they want to examine from five to three.

Five teams of police investigators are working on the case, comprising local officers and those from the Crime Suppression Division and the detective division of Regional Police Bureau 1.

Anyone who witnessed the shooting has been called on to give details to the detective division of Phra Pradaeng police at 02-8185484.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-13

This forgiveness thing sounds like he's saying "OK!, I learned my lesson, I'll keep quiet now"

If the shooting was the work of a rival political party member the PTP would be up the rooftops blaring the accusations at full volume; trying to hush it up suggests the truth may reflect badly on them.

This forgiveness thing sounds like he's saying "OK!, I learned my lesson, I'll keep quiet now"

If the shooting was the work of a rival political party member the PTP would be up the rooftops blaring the accusations at full volume; trying to hush it up suggests the truth may reflect badly on them.

I think that they want to take care of this internally.

how many bullets entered the car. and yet he only got scratches.. also it seems that HE TOOK his driver and bodyguard home even though there had been an earlier shooting at his office AND WAS UNDEFENDED. come on now. seems more to this than meets the eye.

So... attempted murder is ok then? Just so we're clear.

And this is coming from within the ranks of Thai politicians and Thailand's elite. Wonderful.

Amazing Thailand, indeed.

Maybe he was shot by someone who is very, very high-so. We all know the high-sos are untouchable.

'are still searching for a pickup truck of unknown brand and colour used by the team of gunmen'

Shouldn't take long to find then.

Well, about 3 million pick up to search through, takes the FBI computer 3 mins to go through 320 million finger prints.

I was listening to the English language version of the local news here yesterday, when newsman said 'Known gunmen/assassins in every province would all be under watch during the up coming elections"

Then after the votes have been counted, they can return to their chosen profession.

Maybe he was shot by someone who is very, very high-so. We all know the high-sos are untouchable.

Maybe that's because they drive vehicles of unknown brands and colours? They get away during the confusion this creates among onlookers.

which resulted from Pracha's own conflict with his political non-Democrat rivals.

I said yesterday it was as likely a pecking order fight or old revenge from with in PTP as external. He pretty much confirms this.

It could be that his kik has a husband already. Police always jump to conclusions when there is an MP involved and assume its a political conflict. All circumstantial hear say with no hard evidence, thailand norm. Stick the face out when speculations are correct, ignore and blame when goes south.

As proven in the past, state owned weapons and ammunitions can be stolen without a trace.

how many bullets entered the car. and yet he only got scratches.. also it seems that HE TOOK his driver and bodyguard home even though there had been an earlier shooting at his office AND WAS UNDEFENDED. come on now. seems more to this than meets the eye.

More or less what I said in an earlier post when this story first broke.

jb1

'are still searching for a pickup truck of unknown brand and colour used by the team of gunmen'

Shouldn't take long to find then.

and there were eye witnesses. Who to be honest did see a guy on a motorbike, first then someone in a truck??

jb1

which resulted from Pracha's own conflict with his political non-Democrat rivals.

I said yesterday it was as likely a pecking order fight or old revenge from with in PTP as external. He pretty much confirms this.

And the reliability of the source you quote? Oh, I see it was Deputy PM Suthep from the Democrat Party.

At least this confirms that this wasn't an attack from some politician in another party...

That's not obvious to me. K. Pracha had said "the chief suspect was possibly the son of a veteran politician based in Samut Prakan." Too vague to possibly accuse someone, too vague (for an outsider like me) to know of which party that veteran politician is. Mind you some veterans have been a member of most political parties around in Thailand during their 'active' political life