Wildlife In Pattaya

downunderarne

Background: Married with Thai for over 16 years.Two years ago we built a small hotel and house between Shukomwit and Jomtien. My wife also grew corn and other plants plus have about 100 foal chicken farm.We live in the end of a cul de sac where the farmland is. The owner to that land lives a few kms away and never shows up. She has more than 10 wild and very noisy dogs, running free around and barking for anything also during the nights.So three days ago the dogs attacked the chicken farm and killed about 40 chicks, for the fun of it. Talking to the lady owner she said we should punish?? the dogs so they did not do it again? But could not kill them. We immediately put up new fence around the chickens but are not sure the dogs will not be able to come back in. Wild Pigs. Mother pig about 200 kgs and 3 piglets maybe 50 kgs each. And they destroy our corn fields eating and destroying the crop and they come almost inside the hotel yard with the barking dogs behind.I am not making this thing up as I am used to wild pigs in northern Australia were I earlier worked. Now to the question: What do the old wife and I do. Is there anybody in Pattaya who can help us solve this problem? At least lawfully shoot the pigs. They don't belong to the center of Pattaya.

Why don't you build a wall/fence around the cornfields or is that too expensive. Can't somebody from a wild animal unit catch the pigs and remove them for good, you often hear stories about snakes that are removed from house gardens and released where they don't disturb anybody.

Threaten the dog owner with the police if it happen again, let your wife do it so you stay well out if it.

Edited by bazmlb
overly negative comment removed

It sounds like you really need to invest in to a decent fence.

I'm in a situation that is opposite to yours. I own a couple of dogs,

and even though they usually stay on my property, they like to

wonder around the neighborhood, specially at nighs ....

They tend to catch the neighbors chickens once in a while. My

lovely thai neighbor poisons my dogs, and I get new once ...

It's been like this for about 8 years ... Than i asked a police

friend to have a talk with them. They now finally built a fence

to keep the dogs out and the chickens in. I hope we can now

co-exists in piece. Truth is if my neighbor would have approached

me, I would have chipped in to build a decent fence (in this

case it's only about 6 meters that are wire fence.

Regarding the pigs, if they are wild, shoot them and invite

everybody on this board for BBQ :-)

Cheers,

rudi

It sounds like you really need to invest in to a decent fence.

I'm in a situation that is opposite to yours. I own a couple of dogs,

and even though they usually stay on my property, they like to

wonder around the neighborhood, specially at nighs ....

They tend to catch the neighbors chickens once in a while. My

lovely thai neighbor poisons my dogs, and I get new once ...

It's been like this for about 8 years ... Than i asked a police

friend to have a talk with them. They now finally built a fence

to keep the dogs out and the chickens in. I hope we can now

co-exists in piece. Truth is if my neighbor would have approached

me, I would have chipped in to build a decent fence (in this

case it's only about 6 meters that are wire fence.

Regarding the pigs, if they are wild, shoot them and invite

everybody on this board for BBQ :-)

Cheers,

rudi

Sorry to hear that your dog were poisoned .....But why should your neigbour have to build a fence to keep your dogs off there property and killing there livestock.....you should be a considerate neighbour and dog owner and keep your dogs under control.....or were your neigbours chickens that dangerous they had to be fenced in ??? lol

But I am with you about the BBQ .........BBQ'ed wild bore washed down with a few ice cold beers "GREAT"

Take your girlfriend to Sri Racha Tiger park and get her to talk to one of the keepers and agree on a price for a bucket of Tiger turds. And place these on the runs that the dogs use to enter your land. Keep the turds as close to your property as you can, so that the dogs will associate your land/garden with the tiger scat. My suggestion is to take an old paint bucket with a lid so you don't stink your car out. You won't be seeing the pigs again either!.