Korean Caught-Up In Car-Jacking In East Pattaya

Rimmer

Korean caught-up in car-jacking in East Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A South Korean resident of Pattaya was subjected to an armed robbery by a gang who ambushed him as he drove his car on the outskirts of Pattaya, early on Friday Morning. The 40 year old man who refused to give us his real name told Police at Banglamung Station that he was driving his Bronze Toyota Vios along Highway 36, the Pattaya to Rayong Highway, when he was suddenly surrounded by 4 men on two motorbikes who were brandishing firearms.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-13

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Refusing to give personal details like name etc. to police is hardly conducive to getting assistance in following up a situation like this. But car jacking seems to be a recent trend and easy money for someone who knows the chop-shops where it will get stripped for parts etc. Rarely is a complete car ever recovered. A warning to all who drive lonely roads at night in popular car models !

I might be confused, but I thought he refused to give his name to the press. I think he would have to give his name to the police. How can you file a complaint, without giving your name?

I might be confused, but I thought he refused to give his name to the press. I think he would have to give his name to the police. How can you file a complaint, without giving your name?

He was referring to the reporter I'm sure "The 40 year old man who refused to give us his real name"