Toolbar

Penkoprod

Ditto. Don't want it at all. I've never let a "toolbar" encroach on my computer and I never will. Please, please, please, get rid of it. What do I need to do to opt out of it? i'll do anything, up to and including never visiting ThaiVisa again.

Ditto. Don't want it at all. I've never let a "toolbar" encroach on my computer and I never will. Please, please, please, get rid of it. What do I need to do to opt out of it? i'll do anything, up to and including never visiting ThaiVisa again.

Agreed.

It slows down loading new pages, and to make things worse, it has pop ups if you happen to move your cursor over it. If there's something this forum doesn't need is even more clutter. What's worse is that it doesn't offer any significant utility so I don't see why have it at all.

NoScript on Firefox can get rid of it, now I'm looking how to add NoScript to Google Chrome to get rid of the bar on my netbook. (I use Chrome in this machine)

I posted about this yesterday and the post was vanished. I hope this one sticks around.

It can be minimised, which seems to be permanent, after which it doesn't annoy any more. It doesn't really seem to do much though, other than feed in tweets as far as I can tell...? Anyway, it doesn't bother me when it's safely minimised away.

It can be minimised, which seems to be permanent, after which it doesn't annoy any more. It doesn't really seem to do much though, other than feed in tweets as far as I can tell...? Anyway, it doesn't bother me when it's safely minimised away.

Have you not noticed it dropping down and then up again?

Like something akin to a Bangkok bargirls underwear, when the fleet's in :lol:

For those who have java script blockers, the thing to block is <URL Automatically Removed>

It would affect other websites that use the same toolbar though. (I won't cry over the loss however)

Agreed, get rid of it, all it does is annoy me.

Not sure about that. It is obviously generating some sort of cash flow to TV.

There are other ways to generate income without forcing toolbars on users. Whoever came up with the idea, well, shame on you. :angry:

Get rid of it ASAP.

Edited by Supernova

It seems useless to me. I sure wish it had a spellcheck though as I can not download ie-spell for some reason. :annoyed:

Firefox can work in a spell check within Google Toolbar,thats easy.try it

Yep, works a treat. :)

No, seriously, please ditch the toolbar. I have never and will never ever read a Twitter post. I once joined Facebook, had 150 friend requests including a girl who thought I migh be her father, So never going back to Facebook, ever. Ditch it, please!

Edited by lannarebirth

At least for me it gives more vertical space as the breaking news line is no longer at the top of the page.

But you could do the same thing by buying a larger monitor, and that would be your own choice to make, this little abhorrent manifestation appeared without any notification and it didn't ask me if I wanted it or not...... and to be quite honest, since it appeared the reactions to it have been very negative.

It serves no useful purpose for me, get rid of it permanently or at least give me the option to turn it off.

At least for me it gives more vertical space as the breaking news line is no longer at the top of the page.

But you could do the same thing by buying a larger monitor, and that would be your own choice to make, this little abhorrent manifestation appeared without any notification and it didn't ask me if I wanted it or not...... and to be quite honest, since it appeared the reactions to it have been very negative.

It serves no useful purpose for me, get rid of it permanently or at least give me the option to turn it off.

I think thats what most people want. The option to turn it on or off. Either via the toolbar itself, or the website preferences

Some people might think its the dogs dangly bits, and so be it. But others (myself included) dont want, or need the imposition of a toolbar...even if it can be minimised to the right hand bottom corner. I have 2 desktop gadgets i keep there and its screwing them up.

Also i dont fancy the idea of yet another Firefox/IE/Chrome add on that i will have to spend time "training". Or, for that matter being told what browser works best.

Option, please :jap:

Penkoprod