What Is There To Do?- Western Lady In 40's?

mrsbaggins

Hi, possibly not the best title ever but couldnt think what to put! Can anyone help me with suggestions please? I am going to Phuket in a few months and will be there for about 12 months with my husband. He will be working and i will have lots of time on my hands and want to occupy myself but dont know what type of things there will for me to do. I am not a great drinker and dont want to spend all my time in the bars anyway! The things I do like are fairly solitary which wont help me get to know people ( playing on the computer and reading) - God it makes me sound just so boring. I am in my 40,s and hopefully wil be able to get transport to help me get around as we will be based in the Patong area. I like going to the gym and i know there are a few locally but apart from that I'm stuck so any suggestions would be great.

Hi, possibly not the best title ever but couldnt think what to put!  Can anyone help me with suggestions please? I am going to Phuket in a few months and will be there for about 12 months with my husband. He will be working and i will have lots of time on my hands and want to occupy myself but dont know what type of things there will for me to do. I am not a great drinker and dont want to spend all my time in the bars anyway! The things I do like are fairly solitary which wont help me get to know people ( playing on the computer and reading) - God it makes me sound just so boring. I am in my 40,s and hopefully wil be able to get transport to help me get around as we will be based in the Patong area. I like going to the gym and i know there are a few locally but apart from that I'm stuck so any suggestions would be great.

ever tried scuba diving????

if not get yourself on a try-dive, if you like it sign up for a few courses - it will kill some time in a fantastic way and the home study will keep you occupied too.

plus you could learn the language.... there are loads of things you could do which dont involve becoming a bar fly.

and most of all consider yourself lucky to have a year in LoS to do whatever you want...

Shopping, wind-surfing, bowling, shopping, diving, eco-tours, shopping, water-skiing, cinemas, shopping, sailing, kayaking, shopping, eating at good restaurants, gyms, shopping, cycling, hiking, shopping, run with the HHH, elephant trekking, fishing, shopping, beach-combing and shopping.

ask yourself what is

1 the best you love?

2 your favorite hobby?

after you find out ..so apply it as a job..

i saw many threads about TV members always ask for farang food /product ..how is the import minimart ??

Bambi

whoops!!! forgot to say that I already dive so thats one thing I can do! but as much as i would love to i couldnt dive forever or I would be even more wrinkly than I am at the moment :o

Yes, I would love to learn thai so thats another box ticked - I would also love to have a go at windsurfing too - although my sense of balance isnt that great.Thanks for all the replies though. Its given me lots to think about.

Or volunteer with the local Dog Rescue Center if people turn you off?

I can totally relate, if we didn't have our business I would be bored to tears after about a month or so :o Anyway, gardening is a fun hobby to get into here if you will have your own garden.

Have you thought about volunteer activities to help underpriveleged locals?

Yes, this is a possible but dont know what yet - or even what I have that i can help with. I would love to do what I can as I know I will just get bored to death if I do nothing- apart from scuba. kayak,gym, windsurf............. but you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...