Transferring Money From Thailand Back To Home Country?

I'm just arranging a (smaller) transfer myself .... You need documented proof of where the money has come from from at this end and proof of where it's going at the other. I needed income details here and details of school fees etc in UK as a justification for the transfer. My bank (Standard Chartered) has been helpful. I have a Work Permit, which I needed to open the account, but they did not ask for that for the transfer.

Thanks Guys. Yeah I hold Work Permit. Anybody has ever done the transfers?

Yes, just filled in the transfer form and gave them a copy of my work permit and they were happy, even though my salary is not even paid into my Thai bank.

That seems pretty simple. How much was the transferring amount? I guess must be an small amount

I SWIFT money back and forth. My bank in the US doesn't charge me anything, but my bank in Thailand charges 500THB for each transfer.

Small Amounts or Big Amounts? Do bank in thailand require any documentation? Or just filling the form, paying the fee and done?

Thanks Guys. Yeah I hold Work Permit. Anybody has ever done the transfers?

Yes, just filled in the transfer form and gave them a copy of my work permit and they were happy, even though my salary is not even paid into my Thai bank.

That seems pretty simple. How much was the transferring amount? I guess must be an small amount

only 2 million

Edit: (Baht not $$)

Edited by PattayaParent

I SWIFT money back and forth. My bank in the US doesn't charge me anything, but my bank in Thailand charges 500THB for each transfer.

What U.S. bank (and account type) is not charging a fee for sending international wire transfers?.. That's pretty unusual these days....

I'm just arranging a (smaller) transfer myself .... You need documented proof of where the money has come from from at this end and proof of where it's going at the other. I needed income details here and details of school fees etc in UK as a justification for the transfer. My bank (Standard Chartered) has been helpful. I have a Work Permit, which I needed to open the account, but they did not ask for that for the transfer.

Interesting, I have never needed to show details of school fee's in the UK for the justification of the transaction. I understand there are more requirements if it is a transaction to from Business to Business.