Police In Pattaya Start Handing Out Knighthoods

george

After much consideration I would like to hereby lay claim to the following titles before anyone else dares......

Earl of Naklua

Lord Beachcomber

Viscount Walking Street

Marquis of Soi Yodsak

and any others I can dream up when having a wet dream!!!

Earl Of Puke? :jap:

As I'm in Phuket, I'll have "Baron Bangla".

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A ceremony was conducted at Pattaya Police station where the recipients dressed up in smocks.

Yes, and not a bigger bunch of smocks have I ever seen.

A right set of "tools".

This really is the ultimate example of people staying out in the sun a little too long and believing their own press a little too much. Only people with so little self esteem wanting to one-up themselves would ever think to get involved in something like this. I wonder how long the esteemed policeman would remember bestowing this most lightweight of honors, should anyone in the picture do something seriously wrong.

If you really believe in something like this, you don't care if it is in the press. What worries me more, is that they might actually puff their chest out and maybe claim "Do you know who I am?". Fatal last words for foreigners in Thailand I am afraid.

Hard workin' people!!!!!

you guys don't see Pattaya has been improved tremendously.....

Drug syndicates, German + Russian Mafia gangsters , Prostitution, Jet Ski Scams, BS taxi drivers and gambling dens all have been under control of our dedicated :cheesy::cheesy: police.

Now Pattaya is as clean as a spotless sheep.

Don't they deserve that?

Saying anything against this is subject to be "Sour Grapes" though.

tell me if you need one similar to them......... We r gonna arrange it......Huh...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::burp: Innit?

Knighthoods ??

You can't buy class the Americans have tried that before !!

This is just another tinsel and glitter exercise for show, something the Thais just love, it means nothing.

In England you used to have to do a lot of selfless work for your Queen ( or King ) and country.

Of course nowadays it is different and if you give enough money to charity you will get a BRITISH knighthood.

A knighthood in any other country is meaningless.

Quote from OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY :

KNIGHT :

"A man awarded a non-hereditary title by the sovereign in recognition of merit or service and entitled to use the honorific title " Sir " in front of his name "

Sovereign = King or Queen NOT a corrupt police force !!

A ceremony was conducted at Pattaya Police station where the recipients dressed up in smocks.

Yes, and not a bigger bunch of smocks have I ever seen.

Probably conducted by Adge Cutler and the Wurzels too singing " Drink up the cider " whilst chewing on a long blade of grass

blink.gif

I guess I can't blame them. It seems almost everybody has been knighted in England, so why not?

I wonder if the Knights of Rizal are related in anyway to the Knights that say "Ni"?

BTW, nice smocks, boys. At first I thought I was looking at a group of over-aged altar boys.

Edited by Wavefloater

Sure this is not " Monty Python " trying to make a comeback ?

What next ? " The ministry of silly walks " or " nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more " ?

Whose daft idea is this?

Probably contrived by a stupid farang full of his own importance after a crate full of Chang.

Even if this had government support it would still be a joke.

Were they dubbed Sir with a sword ? " Arise Sir knight " ha ha ha

Sir Laughalot or " Sir Slip it into the back pocket mate "biggrin.gif

Will someone be " King Arthur " ?

And will they have a " Round Table " ?

Edited by johncat1

Knighthoods now are two a penny and have just been cheapened/devalued by anyone who can just sing or whistle a tune now..and is well connected with the right people!Of course other dodgey knighthoods now are doing the rounds like the Pattaya ones and just read about Hutt River in Western Australia where 40 years ago a local sheep farmer named Leonard Casley declared the land independant from the rest of Australia.Since then him and his wife have issued their own passports and fantasy currency and Casley is now formally known as 'His Majesty Prince Leonard I of Hutt'.....All harmless fun you might think as he also bestows knighthoods on people who he claims act as his own personal diplomatic envoys...Wrong, as some very shady characters have used these knighthoods on boards to set up shell companies in order to give them credibility as legit' going concerns...that shady I'm not game to name them!!

once a King Always a King, but once a night is enough :blink:

If you read English history Knights where from bad men and criminals , The Kings of that time started to tax people , the only way to collect the tax was to get the village hard men or bullies to collect the taxes , They where the ones who where knighted, the rest follows , land taken from commoner to give to the Knights then the Earls and so on. how fitting that the Thai police in Pattaya have started this , what goes around comes around strange

Edited by Thongkorn

Knighthoods now are two a penny and have just been cheapened/devalued by anyone who can just sing or whistle a tune now..and is well connected with the right people!Of course other dodgey knighthoods now are doing the rounds like the Pattaya ones and just read about Hutt River in Western Australia where 40 years ago a local sheep farmer named Leonard Casley declared the land independant from the rest of Australia.Since then him and his wife have issued their own passports and fantasy currency and Casley is now formally known as 'His Majesty Prince Leonard I of Hutt'.....All harmless fun you might think as he also bestows knighthoods on people who he claims act as his own personal diplomatic envoys...Wrong, as some very shady characters have used these knighthoods on boards to set up shell companies in order to give them credibility as legit' going concerns...that shady I'm not game to name them!!

Let us not forget that great character J Peasmould Gruntfuttock, King of Peasmoldia, a self-contained country just off the Balls Pond Road. He was apprehended quite a few times by the constabulary but escaped punishment as he always pleaded the headaches.

If this makes little or no sense to you then look up 'Round the Horne' on YouTube.

Edited by Bagwan