Suthep Says Abhist Is More Popular Than Yingluck

Lite Beer

Some people will be in for a huge shock when Yingluck comes out of the election with a landslide majority of over 50%. Most Thai women are likely to vote for her, just to show their husbands that women have equal rights and can be just as successful as men, while Thai men are likely to vote for her because she's pretty. The least Thais care about in elections are experience.

Of course, the army can always do a coup after the election ..but they'll lose a lot of support from the Thai people if they hold up their arms against a woman. Thaksin has gone "all in" and has outsmarted Abhisit's Democrats with this move.

Just watch and feel free to come back to this post after the election.

:whistling:

You're sure your name is not Cassandra ?

Feel free to carry on making a fool of yourself without my input.

You have your political opinion and I have mine. No need to hit below the belt.

Note to self, when running out of legit responses during a political discussion, simply start insulting the other person.

Feel free to carry on making a fool of yourself without my input.

You have your political opinion and I have mine. No need to hit below the belt.

Note to self, when running out of legit responses during a political discussion, simply start insulting the other person.

Well, one more time...

A few of your posts:

As long as I don't have to look at Suthep's face anymore on the evening news every day, YES.

I'd rather see Yingluck's pretty face in the news every evening than Suthep's pretty face in the news every evening, no matter what party she's from.

I would vote for Yingluck no matter what party she's from, just to see her pretty face everyday, rather than seeing Suthep's face all over the news every day..

followed by...

It's not about gender, sexuality or looks that make a good PM, it's her or his actions.

Carry on...

Edited by ballpoint

Even though Suthep won't respect my 'falang' opinion here goes; Abhisit certainly has more political experience; His father was installed as Deputy Minister of Public Health by the

National Peace Keeping Council which seized power in a military coup in 1991. Therefore he certainly has the pedigree to be a dictator. Dad is also a director of CP Group, so it doesn't do any harm that Daddy's mates are a mere step down from royalty. Abhisit became an MP at 27 (thanks to dad) meaning that apart from getting a free ticket to parliament, he has absolutely no experience at any sort of business or career.

Yingluck on the other hand has been Managing Director of several large corporations, and is currently secretary of

Thaicom Foundation. This foundation is non-profit and its aims are to support and give equal opportunity to underprivileged children in education to learn the important skills that will benefit themselves, their families and the society.

Sigh, we've been through all this before. I suggest you look up who did "install" his father as deputy minister of health (it wasn't the NPKC); just how popular that person was, and still is; who reinstalled them following Black May 1992; and the international accolades he got for the AIDS reforms made during his terms. You're really scraping the barrel now with your attempts to smear his father, which only prove how little you know about current and past politics.

Sorry, Oh knowledgeable one....

"A military coup in February 1991 saw the Chatichai government replaced byan unelected government, with a cabinet of technocrats led by formerdiplomat Anand Panyarachun." by Sombat Chantornvonga, Duncan McCargobSource: Tobacco Control, Wednesday, 2/28/01a Faculty of Political Science, Thammasat University, Bangkok 10200, Thailand,b Institute for Politics and International Studies, University of LeedsPS He may be popular with some(yellows/Dems), but certainly not with others (reds/PT);"With respect to the freedom of information, the Anand administration also disappointed many. With the NPKC in full control of the media, blatant censorship was practised of any issue that was critical of the military. Thus, rallies and demonstrations on a wide range of issues of public concern were kept from the television-watching and radio-listening public. The transparency of the denials of censorship by the military-dominated Interior Ministry must have been apparent to Anand, but he chose to do nothing about them""Anand supported the 2006 military coup that abrogated the People's Constitution and overthrew the government of Thaksin Shinawatra, " Anand claimed that the coup was well-received by the people and that the military junta's ban against opposition or political activity would not last long. He also noted surprise at the international community's condemnation to the coup"

!

Well I dont remember it like this at all and I was living here at the time!

It was Generals Suchinda and Sunthorn who overthrew the Chatchai government not Anand who came along later (1992)and did a pretty good job as I recall.

This distortion of history does the red cause no good at all and this comes from someone who very much supports the basic red cause although not some of its proponents

Get it right!!

Sigh, we've been through all this before. I suggest you look up who did "install" his father as deputy minister of health (it wasn't the NPKC); just how popular that person was, and still is; who reinstalled them following Black May 1992; and the international accolades he got for the AIDS reforms made during his terms. You're really scraping the barrel now with your attempts to smear his father, which only prove how little you know about current and past politics.

"A military coup in February 1991 saw the Chatichai government replaced byan unelected government, with a cabinet of technocrats led by formerdiplomat Anand Panyarachun." by Sombat Chantornvonga, Duncan McCargobSource: Tobacco Control, Wednesday, 2/28/01a Faculty of Political Science, Thammasat University, Bangkok 10200, Thailand,b Institute for Politics and International Studies, University of LeedsPS He may be popular with some(yellows/Dems), but certainly not with others (reds/PT);"With respect to the freedom of information, the Anand administration also disappointed many. With the NPKC in full control of the media, blatant censorship was practised of any issue that was critical of the military. Thus, rallies and demonstrations on a wide range of issues of public concern were kept from the television-watching and radio-listening public. The transparency of the denials of censorship by the military-dominated Interior Ministry must have been apparent to Anand, but he chose to do nothing about them""Anand supported the 2006 military coup that abrogated the People's Constitution and overthrew the government of Thaksin Shinawatra, " Anand claimed that the coup was well-received by the people and that the military junta's ban against opposition or political activity would not last long. He also noted surprise at the international community's condemnation to the coup"

!

It was Generals Suchinda and Sunthorn who overthrew the Chatchai government not Anand who came along later (1992)and did a pretty good job as I recall.

This distortion of history does the red cause no good at all and this comes from someone who very much supports the basic red cause although not some of its proponents

Get it right!!

Wiki says

"To shore up its image and gain the trust of King Bhumibol, the NPKC appointed Anand as interim Prime Minister.[9] It was probably the most sensible act the NPKC ever took.[10]

Anand, closely linked to the palace and held in respect by both the bureaucracy and the business community, proved acceptable to the people and the international community. He was regarded as being astute and disciplined, and had never been associated with any financial scandal.[10]

Upon accepting the position of prime minister Anand was quick to declare that he did not agree with everything the junta had done and that he intended to follow an independent course. He further angered the NPKC by suggesting that the imprisoned Chatichai be released immediately upon a cabinet being appointed.[11]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anand_Panyarachun

!

Get it right!!

Wiki says

"To shore up its image and gain the trust of King Bhumibol, the NPKC appointed Anand as interim Prime Minister.[9] It was probably the most sensible act the NPKC ever took.[10]

Anand, closely linked to the palace and held in respect by both the bureaucracy and the business community, proved acceptable to the people and the international community. He was regarded as being astute and disciplined, and had never been associated with any financial scandal.[10]

Upon accepting the position of prime minister Anand was quick to declare that he did not agree with everything the junta had done and that he intended to follow an independent course. He further angered the NPKC by suggesting that the imprisoned Chatichai be released immediately upon a cabinet being appointed.[11]"

I dont care what Wiki says.It didnt happen like that at all!!!!!! The timeline is incorrect.I repeat that Anand had nothing to do with the 1991 military coup.The generals instigated and controlled it all and Anand came along much later .1992 I think???

I was here and lived through it all, both 1991 and 1992 and remember the coup very well, but I repeat that Anand was not involved in that at all

Get it right!!

Wiki says

I dont care what Wiki says.It didnt happen like that at all!!!!!! The timeline is incorrect.I repeat that Anand had nothing to do with the 1991 military coup.The generals instigated and controlled it all and Anand came along much later .1992 I think???

I was here and lived through it all, both 1991 and 1992 and remember the coup very well, but I repeat that Anand was not involved in that at all

Cool down, musiclover. The wiki part doesn't say k. Anand was involved in the coup. It just says the coup leaders appointed him as PM for publicity reasons and he showed his independence and in doing so annoyed them tremendously.

Get it right!!

Wiki says

Cool down, musiclover. The wiki part doesn't say k. Anand was involved in the coup. It just says the coup leaders appointed him as PM for publicity reasons and he showed his independence and in doing so annoyed them tremendously.

Ok Ok Ive cooled down, but surely the implication in that article in Wiki IS that the generals appointed Anand voluntarily and almost immediately after the coup. Actually they tried to go it alone but it was pressure that brought Anand into the situation.

I am almost sure it was after the May riots of 1992 that Anand arrived,some considerable time after the 1991 coup! I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong

I did meet him in Bkk at that time ( before he was Pm that is) as my Thai(biz!!) partner's father was a personal friend of his. Anand was and is a fine man and the country could use someone like him right now

I'm not RED but I fancy YingLuk.:rolleyes:

She represents the poor and of course a fugitive,Taksin.

but I don't think she can get that far.

Represents the poor? Nah, she represents her brother, who is NOT poor.

Even though Suthep won't respect my 'falang' opinion here goes; Abhisit certainly has more political experience; His father was installed as Deputy Minister of Public Health by the

National Peace Keeping Council which seized power in a military coup in 1991. Therefore he certainly has the pedigree to be a dictator. Dad is also a director of CP Group, so it doesn't do any harm that Daddy's mates are a mere step down from royalty. Abhisit became an MP at 27 (thanks to dad) meaning that apart from getting a free ticket to parliament, he has absolutely no experience at any sort of business or career.

Yingluck on the other hand has been Managing Director of several large corporations, and is currently secretary of

Thaicom Foundation. This foundation is non-profit and its aims are to support and give equal opportunity to underprivileged children in education to learn the important skills that will benefit themselves, their families and the society.

Now you're just embarrasing yourself with your red rewrite of history. The Anand administration obviously didn't disappoint too many, judging by the cheers when they were reappointed in 1992. No amount of red spin can change the facts.

According to your reasoning, Thaksin's landslide re-election in 2005, with the highest ever voter turnout, is proof of his popularity.

you still here Maewrocks?

how was the holiday...........

And in other breaking news, a recent survey in Thailand concluded that Abhisit was more popular than Jesus.

Not surprising since most Thai's are Buddhist. :lol:

Please, look up the word pathos (hint, not one of the three musketeers)

This is the formulation for the conclusion of the topic title and the inevitable conclusion for the country itself.

Q1: Who do you prefer, Abhisit or a big pile of steaming buffalo pooh.

A1: Abhisit.

Q2: Who do you prefer, Abhisit or Yingluck.

A2: Who?

Q3: Did you know that Yingluck is Thaksin's sister.

A3: Oh, her, yes, I like her.

I feel genuinely sorry for these people.

And in other breaking news, a recent survey in Thailand concluded that Abhisit was more popular than Jesus.

Not surprising since most Thai's are Buddhist. :lol:

But not more popular than Michael Jackson........................:jap:

Some people will be in for a huge shock when Yingluck comes out of the election with a landslide majority of over 50%. Most Thai women are likely to vote for her, just to show their husbands that women have equal rights and can be just as successful as men, while Thai men are likely to vote for her because she's pretty. The least Thais care about in elections are experience.

Of course, the army can always do a coup after the election ..but they'll lose a lot of support from the Thai people if they hold up their arms against a woman. Thaksin has gone "all in" and has outsmarted Abhisit's Democrats with this move.

Just watch and feel free to come back to this post after the election.

:whistling:

It is a good job that gambling is forbidden in Thailand otherwise those blasting off accordingly would lose a lot of money (assuming putting money where....) and I would happily take the other side of this bet. 5-1 against. Better odds on Abhisit getting a divorce and forming a united romantic front with Yingluck. For sure.