Quick Question For Visa Experts

My visa expires on June 2nd.

Is it possible for me to go to Cambodia for my visa run around may 25th??

In other words: do I need to wait until my first visa expires (june 2nd) before getting into Thailand again?

I'm planning to leave most of my stuff in the hotel and do this visa run, is it possible that I somehow get stuck in Cambodia (all my documents are ok btw) and not allowed to re-enter Thailand to fetch my stuff?? I don't know, maybe some anti-visarun policy. I just wonder if this is a 100% (or almost) safe procedure.

More importantly, when does your "permission of stay" expire? If this is, say, sometime in July, you don't need to head to Cambodia for a new visa until just before your permission expires. And if it's a tourist visa that's expiring, you could get a 30-day extension into August of your last 60-day permission of stay. Or, if it's a multiple tourist visa -- and you have one more entry remaining -- border hop June 1st, and have until Sept to get a new visa (assuming a 30-day extension in Aug).

Once in Thailand, the visa expiration date has no significance -- only the date you're permitted to stay until is significant.

More importantly, when does your "permission of stay" expire? If this is, say, sometime in July, you don't need to head to Cambodia for a new visa until just before your permission expires. And if it's a tourist visa that's expiring, you could get a 30-day extension into August of your last 60-day permission of stay. Or, if it's a multiple tourist visa -- and you have one more entry remaining -- border hop June 1st, and have until Sept to get a new visa (assuming a 30-day extension in Aug).

Once in Thailand, the visa expiration date has no significance -- only the date you're permitted to stay until is significant.

The stamp on my passport says June 2nd. I believe that applies for both visa and permission.

My visa works a little bit different because I am brazilian. And I got 90 days on arrival when I got here in march. And I need more 90 days because I want to go back only in august.

Just make a border run, leave Thailand enter another coutnry and come right back to Thailand for another 90 days.

Thanks! That's the same as a visa run, right? I hire the same company for the same bus and the same 2000B and , right?

A visa run is if you go abroad to apply fro a visa at a Thai consulate.

A border run is if you have a valid visa, but need to get out and back in the country again to get another entry on your visa. (Or if you want a visa exempt entry).

Most companies offer both, with a price difference of course as you need to buy a visa for Thailand and travel further.