Starting Work Next Month (2)

Hi there...

Further to my last post. I have the employment contract in hand now and the section relating to tax payment reads as follows:

'Unless the company is required by law to make income tax deductions from salary payments to the employee, the gross monthly amount will be paid to the Employee and the Employee shall be responsible for paying tax on income, allownces and benefits at the prevailing rate.'

So I guess my question (in advance of actually being on the ground to pose this question to the local office in Thailand), is; under normal circumstances, is a Thai registered subsidiary of a multi-national corporation required by law to make income tax deductions from salary payments..?

If not, I would appreciate a referral to a competent firm of tax accountants in Bangkok. If anybody else out there has experience of using a competent accountant in Bangkok please feel free to PM me.

Thanks.

Your employer is required to deduct taxes from your paycheck but it is your responsibility to file a yearly return on the income where you may either get a refund or be required to pay more depending on deductions.

Sunbelt Asia has an excellent team of experienced accountants that can help you with your taxes and determine all necessary deductions to ensure that you do not overpay on your tax.

http://www.sunbeltaccounting.com/

[sunbelt][/sunbelt]