Lifan Motorcycles

donger

Anyone ever heard of or owned or know anything about Lifan motorcycles; more specifically a Lifan LF200GY-5A?

I am looking for something, economical, but with a little more power than my Honda Dream to haul my 17 stone carcass up the hills.

post-96000-0-05780300-1305593507_thumb.j

One of our CR forum members, rmacdon61, recently bought a Lifan but not the model pictured here. You may want to PM him for details and opinion about the brand itself.

Also, there is quite a bit of chatter about the brand in the Bikes forum on ThaiVisa:

http://www.thaivisa....hailand-or-not/

Here is an extensive thread on Lifan:

http://www.thaivisa....lifan-gy200-a5/

And here is the search address for all the Lifan related threads in the Bike forum.

Edit: I deleted this link. Sorry. The address doesn't work as a link. Have to type the search word Lifan into the Bikes forum search box yourself to get the results.

I gather from reading and visiting with Bob (rmacdon61) that there is not much service or parts support for the Lifan brand in CR at this time.

Edited by kandahar

donger, there is a specific forum for the Tiger Sachs out there if you need to read up what is being said by the owners. If you want to check it out but can't find it, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Can't find a specific Lifan forum yet.

Lifan is apparently one of the largest motor manufactures around and the tuktuk has Lifan motors (not all). The lifan 200 and 250B have been available for years outside thailand and seem well accepted. They are made here in thailand so parts are available locally (not CR) but can be ordered. The price is its biggest draw but I don't think for long as they seem very popular now in BKK/CM and Pattaya. I ride the 250B but only have 1200K on it, but seems very well put together, lots of power/weight and looks great (my mind, feel free to question it). Met a guy in CM at the dealer with a 200 and he loved it. Has a 125Kaw, but nothing to the 200 Lifan. 51K is not bad for a 200 moto next to the cost of anything close. CM has good service and parts, 3 stores selling them, best up by the train station. CR does not have a Lifan dealer altho it is supposed to open soon (MaeLao Tractor) on super hwy south of CR. The 200 is also available in a cross over with better street tires at 56K. I am certainly happy so far with the 250B but am considering buying a 200 Lifan as well to take care of my off road needs. At their price, like buying a bic lighter, runs out of fuel, get another HaHaHa.

I would give the 200 serious consideration for the buck!

CR does not have a Lifan dealer altho it is supposed to open soon (MaeLao Tractor) on super hwy south of CR.

200, 250b and GPX are all available at a dealer in Bandu ... about

10 klms down the Hwy toward Maesai.

Good to know, thanks. Hope they do warrenty?

OK went to the Lifan dealer in Bandu, they have a 200 and 2 - 250B's there. The 250B's have 4 inch risers (mine 2 inch) which would be nicer for me so asked where I could get some for my 250? Wife assisted in Thai. They have no idea about the motorcycle or what it was I wanted. Asked about a luggage rack and carrier, same luck. Asked to have the oil changed in my bike, they had to pound the socket on with a hammer and use a 1/2 inch impact to get it out. Kept my mouth shut and watched them change the oil but left the old filter in. Did not attempt to change. Not sure if they know it can be changed with a paper one or at least wash out the existing one (stock is metal mesh) to clean. When I get back, will bring a couple of paper ones with me and change then. I will go back another day and hopefully meet someone there with more knowledge about the bikes.