Bro'S Before Hoe'S

trisailer

I'm with Trisailer about "boys raising boys".

I think the situation is even worse, not only are boys raised by boys, but the boys also make the laws and run the country!

The rest of his post is... a bit odd.

I wonder if it has something to do with ladyboys ??? :lol:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is so gay.

Indeed, I think, A Pimp Named Slick Back, sums up my sentiments most succinctly in this clip were he explains to a confused young boy the folly of "Homies over Hoes"

This topic is so gay.

Indeed, I think, A Pimp Named Slick Back, sums up my sentiments most succinctly in this clip were he explains to a confused young boy the folly of "Homies over Hoes"

Very enlightening video... :rolleyes: yes your right its much better that humans operate at the level of base instinct and at the level of animals. Thats how great things are achieved :lol:

Edited by RedFxTrade

Hey Red there's allot to be said for following your instincts.

What, you don't like Turkey Sandwiches with just tomato? whistling.gif

Haha, totally. With my past, it was probably a bit rich coming from me :), but I m trying to move up the instinctual ladder these days.

Masturbating to this thread as we speak. Anyone care to join me? ;)

No, but the OP will be happy to discuss with you...:bah:

In order to make you a better "man." :cheesy:

Just PM (Psychobabble Masturbation) him.

Edited by happyrobert

Masturbating to this thread as we speak. Anyone care to join me? ;)

Sorry, too busy. Just been to see a romantic French comedy with the lads.

Just off now for a bit of casual sex

Not with the lads, like, That wouldn't be right...

SC

I apologize for my poor writing skills (forgot to use spell checker in all the excitement)

Let me try to clarify"

The "bros before hoes" comment was my (failed) attempt at making the topic humorous. It is a common phrase among young men these days and it expresses the frustration that most men feel of trying to balance their lives, the desire for sex with the need for maintaining ones personal integrity. I spent a year hiking with young men and they are quite comfortable talking about what it means to be powerful, honorable men and manage their urges appropriately. I have to say that they seem to do a better job of it than most of the men my age.

My comment about young men sorting out their sexuality when they are young was meant to say that our sexual orientation is established at a young age and if we have put the question to rest than we should not fear it as we go through life. Why else do men fear intimacy with other men? I stated that I learned early that I was straight and that has never been an issue beyond that. My ex wife can testify to that. Men's sexuality is a powerful force. The issue is how do we manage it in appropriate ways? More importantly how do we manage violence?

I've heard all the jokes about mens groups and mens processes. The irony is that the men I know who have explored these issues have come away more balanced and happy because they are better equipped to handle life's challenges, their bodies and their minds. I also know a lot of men who haven't examined these issues and are middle aged and still haven't learned how to manage their own mind and body. These men tend to live compulsively and dishonor themselves in the process. This is what the science says. It is proven by the statistics that record the wreckage brought by men behaving like violent animals. The simple fact is that most men have issues with expressing masculinity in appropriate ways. If you don't believe that take a look at the crime statistics regarding violent acts committed by men on women and on other men. The numbers of men and women who are sexually abused are staggering and don't appear to be abating. Some of the worst cases are in the military and it is clear to me that there is a lot of confusion about what it means to be a warrior. The attitudes expressed here make the reasons it continues to exist apparent. Thailand is a perfect incubator for unbalanced men and it shows.

Someone mentioned the Marine character from the movie "American Beauty" and it is a classic case of a man who has misunderstood the warrior spirit. I'm the Lester Burnham character.

It would be nice if these bodies came with a operators manual, but for most of us they don't. Some guys are lucky that they have good male role models. I just finished reading Eugene Sledge's "With the old breed" and I admire his ability to stay true to his warrior spirit by demonstrating extraordinary courage and while not becoming an animal. My father was an abusive drunk so I was screwed from the start. I didn't want to be like him and so I had to learn how to be different. How to raise my own children properly so they wouldn't have to spend half their lives finding their way back. Self exploration saved me.

I love women and I did quite well with the ladies. Unfortunately I did a little too well. I was married and chased every skirt that came my way. I was quite skillful at telling the ladies what they needed to hear to get the panties off. All the while pretending to be this upstanding husband. I thought I was pretty cool, but I was in fact a liar and a cheat. I was not a balanced person and the result was I caused a lot of damage. I didn't have a choice. I was acting on my compulsions in spite of my attempts to control it.

I got involved with the mens group through a therapist in 1991. My career was going great, but my inner life was a mess. Our group of 12 men did some good work for a couple of years exploring every issue we could think of. After a couple of years we all reached the point of feeling more balanced and we disbanded the group to go see if we now go live it. Each and every man from the group are still living it and you can think what you want about the process but I look at these men as winners. The balance I achieved from this experience made my experience in Thailand so much better.

My first couple of years in Pattaya were more fun than just about anything I ever experienced in life. I fell in and out of love and made wonderful friendships with a lot of TG's. I remember thinking that what I loved the most was the emotional roller coaster that comes from falling in and out of love. I am happy that I was able to do it without all the lying and cheating. I wasn't a victim of my compulsions which made it all the more fun. When I met a very special lady it was easy for me to make the transition to a committed relationship. No committed relationship is easy, but I feel fortified because I am a more balanced man. When I look around a see the number of men who haven't a clue I think it's pretty pathetic. Men in their 50's and 60's and yes even 70's who still let their little head manage their affairs. These men dishonor themselves and they dishonor all men. I don't have a problem with peoples lifestyle choices but we don't have to be lier's and cheats to do it.

An unexamined life is not worth living said Socrates (it appears that some of you children posting here would have handed him the hemlock) and he was murdered for his views. My suggestion for you is don't kill the messenger. Learn something for yourself. What are you afraid of?

I'm not suggesting that you go out and look for a men's group, but there are many great books on the topic that might just introduce you to yourself. "Ironjohn" is a good start but there are hundreds.

Old saying:

None so righteus as a reformed sinner!

"fortunate to have been a member" well that part I agreed with the rest was all BS I can decide stuff for myself I dont need 11 other idiots telling me whats what. ( yes I know I include myself as an idiot)

As you say, its cultural, but I still think its right - sex is far better if you actually care about the person! But then again I realise men have a completely different outlook to women.

I can assure you that this is not at all true.

Most women I have had sex with enjoyed themselves far more before they got to know me.

I agree too sometimes you just want to shag any woman and treat her like a whore and when your'e done youre done and dont care about her or anything else.

My favorite part of this thread is where the OP related his personality to a movie character.

Our fathers survived world wars, depressions, polio and several other mankind threatening events.

They saved the world, came home, rebuilt and carried on.

My father spent his youth burning Japanese infantry out of caves with a flamethrower.

He came home, shut his mouth, and went to work.

He did NOT sit around at the VFW and talk about working his dick.

Trisailer- I got to hand it to you. You are focused. There have been few topics where you haven't interjected your experiences with your man-group on us.

Primal fear, warrior ethics, and being an former executive...

Got it.

My favorite part of this thread is where the OP related his personality to a movie character.

Our fathers survived world wars, depressions, polio and several other mankind threatening events.

They saved the world, came home, rebuilt and carried on.

My father spent his youth burning Japanese infantry out of caves with a flamethrower.

He came home, shut his mouth, and went to work.

He did NOT sit around at the VFW and talk about working his dick.

Trisailer- I got to hand it to you. You are focused. There have been few topics where you haven't interjected your experiences with your man-group on us.

Got it.

Its hard to know which is better - the men of old who did everything they could to support their family (whilst expecting their wives to devote their lives to them and their children), or modern man who tries to care about his wife's needs, but his attempts boil down to expecting his wife to go out to work whilst doing everything around the house.....

Neither works....

2. "Most men live in isolation from other men because of their fear that they might want to have sex with a man."

What a bizzare statement.

I concur. It sounds like the OP had this problem, but it is far from universal.

When I first came to Thailand I did worry that I might have sex with a man (ladyboy)

Then I just decided it was only another item on the menu and stopped worrying.

And.....so, did you go ahead and have sex with a ladyboy afterwards ? :)

Cheers,

Jem

Yeah -- you're right.

This guy is that pansy who talked a while back about "loving the danger" of talking to a 7-11 clerk and then exiting the store to find yourself confronted by a group of school boys sitting on their scooters.

2. "Most men live in isolation from other men because of their fear that they might want to have sex with a man."

What a bizzare statement.

I concur. It sounds like the OP had this problem, but it is far from universal.

When I first came to Thailand I did worry that I might have sex with a man (ladyboy)

Then I just decided it was only another item on the menu and stopped worrying.

And.....so, did you go ahead and have sex with a ladyboy afterwards ? :)

Cheers,

Jem

Only got as far as talking and a bit of a cuddle while playing pool.

Am I in touch with my sensitive side do you think yet?

Yeah -- you're right.

This guy is that pansy who talked a while back about "loving the danger" of talking to a 7-11 clerk and then exiting the store to find yourself confronted by a group of school boys sitting on their scooters.

What is wrong with you men?! Are you really so afraid of a man that has the nerve to talk about his feelings and why he thinks it helps men to talk to each other??

I'm sure you're right though, he must be gay if he tries to share his 'emotional' views :rolleyes:.

Its hard to know which is better - the men of old who did everything they could to support their family (whilst expecting their wives to devote their lives to them and their children), or modern man who tries to care about his wife's needs, but his attempts boil down to expecting his wife to go out to work whilst doing everything around the house.....

Neither works....

I agree, the guys who fought wars to protect their women and children were a bunch of losers.

As are the ones who let their women go to work, where they get the chance to have affairs with loads of other men.

Give me a gay guy or a ladyboy any day, they don't expect to get your house and pension in exchange for a few shags.

(And you don't have to go out and fight wars to defend them)

PS

My wife just shouted a comment while I was typing.

She said, 'Are white men really that weak?''

PPS

It was bad enough her learning to speak and understand English in less than a year, now she's learning to read as well ........

Edited by sarahsbloke

Neither works....

I agree, the guys who fought wars to protect their women and children were a bunch of losers.

As are the ones who let their women go to work, where they get the chance to have affairs with loads of other men.

Give me a gay guy or a ladyboy any day, they don't expect to get your house and pension in exchange for a few shags.

PS

My wife just shouted a comment while I was typing.

She said, 'Are white men really that weak?''

PPS

It was bad enough her learning to speak and understand English in less than a year, now she's learning to read as well ........

I think theres rather a lot of personal insecurity in your post.

Neither works....

Assuming you come from the UK, the men didn't fight wars entirely to protect their women and children - they were conscripted and had no choice....

I'm not saying this to denigrate the men involved, as I feel for them and am incredibly grateful that even though so many lives were wasted (by incompetent management) - they saved us from the Nazis. They were true heroes whether they wanted to be or not...

Speaking as a Western woman, I can assure you that we don't get the "house and pension", we get 50% if we're lucky.

Speaking as a Western woman, I can assure you that we don't get the "house and pension", we get 50% if we're lucky.

Fair enough!

I apologize for my error in my original statement

and correct it to read

Give me a gay guy or a ladyboy any day, they don't expect to get half your house and pension in exchange for a few shags.

Fair enough!

I apologize for my error in my original statement

and correct it to read

Give me a gay guy or a ladyboy any day, they don't expect to get half your house and pension in exchange for a few shags.

Quite right! :lol:

Speaking as a Western wife that had been married for 30 years, I got less than half the money and the pension... Admittedly because I couldn't be bothered to pursue it unless forced into a corner.

But I'm sure you're right :rolleyes:.

Most men live in isolation from other men because of their fear that they might want to have sex with a man.

Did you have some kind of religiously oppressively upbringing?

Enough of what I think. What do you guys think?

I suspect you are actually a Bisailor, and your orientation claims ring hollow in my ears. Having said that, I suggest you stop worrying about it and take up a hobby that will open more interesting existential questions to you, like diving.