ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

United has World class players. It needs someone to tell them just that.

Fergie's quite good at doing this, actually - he recently pronoucned Rooney the best young player he's ever seen, he's often very quick to put Van Nistelrooy on the pedestal of best striker in Europe, Ronaldo one of the best young players, etc... And he doesn generally seem very proud of his players.

Perhaps it's true that Fergie's lost some of his "oomph" recently. Falling out with Keane was a bad move as he was one of Fergie's staunchest supporters - when Keane was being an absolute, disrespectful b*stard to Mick McCarthy and other fellow players and managers, he would still defend Fergie to the hilt and have utmost respect for him. Now that Keane's gone, and I think one of Fergie's recent mistakes has been to try and mould Alan Smith into that role, there isn't such a pillar in the side supporting him like that.

Fergie has a habit of falling out with key players though - Beckham and Stam being two other examples that spring to mind, and has recovered from these fallings out before. Man U fans should just be praying he doesn't fall out with Rooney... :o

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I HATE anyone its the the Ozzies who think they are going to turn us over next year-pure fantasy)  Lets just get behind England now shall we?

COME ON ENGLAND- WE CAN WIN IT!!!

TP

The Fly will laugh while watching the choas (esp Lampard and u), that will follow if u lose to Paraguay and Sweden......oh and if N.I can do it ,yeh yeh it was the coach (of course), then why cant these sides esp Sweden beat u.......and beat u well....remember what happen to France last World Cup.......

...."pure fantasy".....just be around next year ThaiP......

The Fly awaits the World Cup....... :o

If I HATE anyone its the the Ozzies who think they are going to turn us over next year-pure fantasy)  Lets just get behind England now shall we?

COME ON ENGLAND- WE CAN WIN IT!!!

TP

The Fly will laugh while watching the choas (esp Lampard and u), that will follow if u lose to Paraguay and Sweden......oh and if N.I can do it ,yeh yeh it was the coach (of course), then why cant these sides esp Sweden beat u.......and beat u well....remember what happen to France last World Cup.......

...."pure fantasy".....just be around next year ThaiP......

The Fly awaits the World Cup....... :D

:o Hey Fly, this is a thread about Man United in decline, not about the world cup, get back over to the other thread and stop trying to hyjack this one :D

ThaiPauly,

I don’t see that we’re currently light years behind Manu, and were certainly not in one off games like Derby matches. And I do not see City ever having a team to challenge for the champions league, unless that is we do a chelski and find a backer. I do disagree with you on both the Sweep and David James comments; the money for Sweep was too good to turn down and come on smarty pants what has Jamesy ever done to let City down, the man’s been brilliant, has made our defence and I bet you can’t find a City fan to argue with me on that, all in all a brilliant signing – its media talk to slag off DJ, and that of people who don’t see him play regular. It’s not my job to slag United, but I dislike them and their arrogance intensely, read my earlier comments. Fair play to you being a Reading supporter, a great season so far, but I wasn’t too impressed the way the goat was treated. It’s not a waste of my time to bait united supporters, I’ve been doing it since primary school – that’s how it was in my time – and I enjoy jerking their chain immensely.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson today stormed out of a press conference after claiming the national media "have a hatred" of the Old Trafford club.

Boo Hoo!

(to the Bohemian Rhapsody tune)

Is this the prem league?

Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a form slide

Now we're lower than Man City

Open your eyes, put down your ###### pies and seeeeeeeee I'm just a poor fan, what is this malady?

Coz we're easily done, easily beat

Can't pass long, or short to feet

Even our dear Keano's form's gone down the lavatory Lavatory Fergie, he bought a man Djemba Djemba was this bloke Saw him play he was a joke Fergie, our season's just begun Now it's already over thanks O'Shea.

Beckham ooh ooooo.

Didn't mean to sell you on.

Will you come back next season or tomorrow?

And carry on carry on

like nothing really happened.

Too late. Our time has come.

The team has lost its spine.

Saha injured all the time.

Goodbye everybody, I've gotta go.

Gotta leave you all behind and watch FC.

Quiroz, oh noooooo

I have to ask why

have to ask why you were ever born at all I see a little Portgugeezer on the wing Ronaldo! Ronaldo!

Can you do a steppy over?

Scholesy, Smith and Fletcher

Very very frightening...

Not!

Wake up Rio, Wake up Rio

Wake up Rio for <deleted> sake

Is he a wide boy? overrated cockney?

He's just a wide boy, overrated cockney

Spare all the fans from your ###### lethargy!

Easy come easy go not good enough you know Liam Miller! No!

He only weighs three stone.

Darren Fletcher! No!

We want Ronaldinho!

We want Ronaldinho

Want Ronaldinho.

Want Ronaldinho.

Any chance? God nooooooooooo

No! No! No! No! No! No!

Malcolm Glazer Malcolm Glazer

You will reap just what you sow

At least we have a little ray of hope in Rooney.

Wayne Rooneeeey

ROOONEEEEEEEEEY

So you think you'll dismiss him for having a clap?

So you think sh@gging grannies will make him play cr@p?

Yooouuu'rrre mistaken. You're so sadly mistaken.

Eric's the King.

But Wayne he's the very next best thing.

Nothing's changed in two years

Anyone can see.

Though we think you should go.

Some of us still love you Fergieeee

(let the wind of change blow)

IChelsea have the perfect tactition. A wee bit arrogant perhaps, but wasn't Fergie when he was winning everything. Of corse people are going to hate Morhino. It's England isn't it ? We traditionally hate winners and love losers. That's why Fergie was pehaps the most hated manager in English football. Now it's someone elses turn.

It's not becuse he was successful that Ferguson is generally loathed, nor is that the reason why Mourinho is seemingly going to replace him. In England we don't like arrogant and disrespectful people, they are not seen as virtues to admire. Mourinho's one saving grace is that at least he is humorous, where Ferguson was just obnoxious.

Edited by Fast Eddie

Fergie fumes at 'hateful press'

Old Trafford boss accuses press of trying to 'fragment' club

Guardian: 'Oh, I haven't come up with another completely paranoid, groundless, ludicrous excuse, have I?'

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson today stormed out of a press conference after claiming the national media "have a hatred" of the Old Trafford club.

Clearly irritated by the criticism that aimed at him since the team's Champions League elimination and jittery Premiership performances, Ferguson also took the opportunity to call on United supporters to rally behind the team in its hour of need.

"They [the press] have a hatred of Manchester United,"

Funny that, cause from what i've seen over the past 40 years, the press, media, call it what you will, bloody love United - the media's darlings. I think Alex, you might find if you cared to consider it carefully, that its you the press hate, not the club, for the power you've had over them during the golden years, which are coming to an end and so they don't have to be in fear of you any more bacause they know you won't be there much longer (a season more is the absolute max) - and before any one calls me a Fergie hater, i rate the man and he's the only United figure that i've ever read a book on such is my admiration of the man.

ThaiPauly,

I don’t see that we’re currently light years behind Manu, and were certainly not in one off games like Derby matches. And I do not see City ever having a team to challenge for the champions league, unless that is we do a chelski and find a backer. I do disagree with you on both the Sweep and David James comments; the money for Sweep was too good to turn down and come on smarty pants what has Jamesy ever done to let City down, the man’s been brilliant, has made our defence and I bet you can’t find a City fan to argue with me on that, all in all a brilliant signing – its media talk to slag off DJ, and that of people who don’t see him play regular. It’s not my job to slag United, but I dislike them and their arrogance intensely, read my earlier comments. Fair play to you being a Reading supporter, a great season so far, but I wasn’t too impressed the way the goat was treated. It’s not a waste of my time to bait united supporters, I’ve been doing it since primary school – that’s how it was in my time – and I enjoy jerking their chain immensely.

Fair enough Bred, after watching United's performance against Everton at the weekend I have to admit that they were a sorry sight.

City are improving all the time and I bet there would be MANY clubs that would covert SP as a Manager. James's bad performances are normally reserved for England games I suppose and come to think of it (as you mentioned it) I have not seen him play badly for City, just England! So I take those remarks back.

As for the Goat, he had God Like status when he arrived, but he just never got going, as a striker he had so many opportunities to score but he just did not take them, he scored more penalties than goals from open play!! What was the Manager supposed to do ? It was the same with Les Ferdinand and Martin Keogh when they came, too old, too slow, great players in their day, but now unfortunatley over the hill (and gone) Our young strikers are performing brilliantly as is the whole team, unbeaten since the first game of the season, and the best defensive record in all 4 divisions (pro-rata games played) 7 straight wins now and Millwall on Saturday, 17 points clear of 3rd place.

It would be absolutley INCREDIBLE if we did not go up!!!

So we can look forward to some feindly banter when we meet next season :o

sorry not had time to answer this thread, a good win over wigan we are second in the league,still dont see the decline,,yes we are out of europe but that might be just the kick in the pants we need.

also answer me this, the greatest team ever might be 20 point off the leaders in the premiership,,i am talking about arsenal who was claimed to be better than brazil this time last year but the media have not been bagging them. if we are in decline they are 6ft under.

also answer me this, the greatest team ever might be 20 point off the leaders in the premiership,,i am talking about arsenal who was claimed to be better than brazil this time last year  but the media have not been bagging them. if we are in decline they are 6ft under.

Absolutely agree nev, and if you want to start a thread about "Are Arsenal in decline" we can discuss there :o

But, this is about Man U. Yes, they won convincingly last night and it was against a pretty poor Wigan side, on the back of 3 straight defeats. This thread was started when United where still in the Champion's League, now they are not even in a European competition for the first time in 11 years or so and you are still in denial that they are not in decline.

You mentioned about Arsenal last year, what is to say you won't be the same next year?

Man U have been a wonderful team for a good number of years, Fergie has built then re-built some wonderful teams during this period.But just like Liverpool had their time, Man Utd have now had their time and I suspect ole red nose knows this.

Man U are in decline and when you consider the excellent bar they have set over the years it's amazing that Fergie kept it going for so long.

Swallow the bitter pill man united fans, accept the truth and who knows maybe in another 20 odd years you can be top dogs again. :o

They looked pretty tidy against Wigan the other night though...

And so they should, but it wasn't too long ago they looked tidy every week and you would fancy them to get a result even when they didn't.

I'm basing my opinion on what they have achieved over the last ten years or so not on a game against a team who will end up in the bottom six.

I've started telling my little boy at bedtime the story of 'Fergie's New Clothes'; like all fairy stories its very similar to all the others (i.e. its like the 'Emperor's New clothes;, Thaksin's New clothes') and has a happy ending (for us City supporters that is).

But, back in real life though. There's never a happy ending to your story.

Nearly 30.!

I was born in 76..... :o

redrus

I was born in 76..... :D

redrus

Ah what a Summer that was :o

So you remember the last time Ciddy won somethimg then Thai P. :D

United in Decline never, not until we pass them on the way down..... :D

redrus

I've started telling my little boy at bedtime the story of 'Fergie's New Clothes'; like all fairy stories its very similar to all the others (i.e. its like the 'Emperor's New clothes;, Thaksin's New clothes') and has a happy ending (for us City supporters that is).

But, back in real life though. There's never a happy ending to your story.

Nearly 30.!

I was born in 76..... :o

redrus

sorry but what does your cryptic message mean?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

redrus

redrus

There you go, a typical example of the arrogance of ManUre supporters that i was harping on about about 9 pages or so ago on this thread! For some unknown reason they think that they have a devine right to be above City, and successful for ever - clearly they know nothing of their past nor City's nor of the history of english football in general. You can just hear the ghosts of Huddersfield, Wolves, Portmouth, etc, saying exactly the same thing in the 30's and 50's.

well another good win by the declining united, 2-0 and only 6 behind chelsea now.

looked pretty good today and we have the best striker partneship in the premiership.

decline no way.

well another good win by the declining united, 2-0 and only 6 behind chelsea now.

looked pretty good today and we have the best striker partneship in the premiership.

decline no way.

Sorry Nev but you just don't see what the thread is about do you. It’s not about Utd in one or two games or 3 months or half a season, it’s about over a reasonably long period of time. So yes you beat the ‘mighty’ Villa, but the real picture is that over the past 2 or so seasons and particularly this seasons events, Utd are on a downward spiral, they’re not stable and defiantly not an upward spiral. As I’ve said repeatedly, let’s see how you do when Fergie is or has to be replaced, if you get through that without hindrance then I’ll applaud you but realistically I don’t think it will happen.

redrus

redrus

There you go, a typical example of the arrogance of ManUre supporters that i was harping on about about 9 pages or so ago on this thread! For some unknown reason they think that they have a devine right to be above City, and successful for ever - clearly they know nothing of their past nor City's nor of the history of english football in general. You can just hear the ghosts of Huddersfield, Wolves, Portmouth, etc, saying exactly the same thing in the 30's and 50's.

And Bred this is just another example of Ciddy's bitterness, there were emoticons used in the above, its a joke Bred. Or is it a case of you being able to dish the bait out and not being able to take it,,,,,.....!

redrus

decline no way.

Sorry Nev but you just don't see what the thread is about do you. It’s not about Utd in one or two games or 3 months or half a season, it’s about over a reasonably long period of time. So yes you beat the ‘mighty’ Villa, but the real picture is that over the past 2 or so seasons and particularly this seasons events, Utd are on a downward spiral, they’re not stable and defiantly not an upward spiral. As I’ve said repeatedly, let’s see how you do when Fergie is or has to be replaced, if you get through that without hindrance then I’ll applaud you but realistically I don’t think it will happen.

well of course in no what this thread is about,it is about the obsession of united by you and others on a site in thailand that has already gone to 12 pages and counting.

admittedly in last two seasons we have only had one fa cup too show for our efforts(should have been two) yes we have been the most successful side this last 10 or so saeasons,so we have a lot to live up too,but does that mean we are in decline,,we are 2nd in the league with a very respectable tally of points,best away record in the league,and if it was not for roman's millions we would be top of the league.

in decline your having a laugh .

Nev wrote: well of course in no what this thread is about,it is about the obsession of united by you and others on a site in thailand that has already gone to 12 pages and counting.

I have a thai wife and when she goes on and on at me, if i don't agree but don't respond she gives up and goes away. Nev, there's always lesson to be learnt from Thai women!

Answer me this though. If i as a City supporter i stick the knife in Manu you say i'm bitter, but if a supporter of another club does the same is he bitter too?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Why dont the two of you put on your respective club shirts, get a ball and have a one-a-side match that will put an end to this thread once and for all. I will be the ref, You will end up being best of freinds, unless I send you both off, then I will be a bit bored !!!

regards

Regards

Rob Styles

Why dont the two of you put on your respective club shirts, get a ball and have a one-a-side match that will put an end to this thread once and for all. I will be the ref, You will end up being best of freinds, unless I send you both off, then I will be a bit bored !!!

regards

Regards

Rob Styles

Cos, TP. Citeh might win the game but, they won't win the league.....!!!!!

If your season is "made up" of just beating one team,. That says it all.

redrus

regards

Regards

Rob Styles

Hey, me and Nev are buddies already, aren't we Nev - and we're both mancunians, he just happens to support that other team. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter on here as a stand-in for Boddingtons / Robinsons pub back home.