ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

well seams on this thread now we have a chelsea fan reading fan city fan liverpool fan all talking off topic :D:D

not got much to talk about uniteds decline then lads, as you all no we are not in decline :o

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not got much to talk about uniteds decline then lads, as you all no we are not in decline :D

Well as you probably know, Real Madrid have just taken over as the richest club in football. A title that has been Man United's for the last 8 years :o Is this another significant milestone in the decline? :D

Well done Liverpool.

redrus

You cheatin scouse bas*ards.#######################################################################

#############

#* all expletives deleted cos I'm a top lad..... :D , and before you all start, we are still not in decline and, I'm still smilin,..... :D:o Oh and Lampard you'll never have what we've got so give it up * put down about rent boys also deleted..... :D

well done vermin bin dipping scouse bastaaards.

we need to sort our midfield out quickly another one out for the season.

why fergie did not buy a central midfieldr in the transfer window i will never no.

and we are not in decline. ok.

More sad news from the football world this weeken. Alan Smith broke his leg while playing in The FA Cup. He also dislocated his ankle, all this will cause a great deal of ligement damage prolonging the agony, 1 painwise and 2 the one we all know is burning in Alan just to play football.

This from Red Issue. (he even manages a little humour at the end) :o

ALAN SMITH

Story by editor

20 February 2006

Alan Smith could be out for up to a year but talk of an end to his career is premature.

The doctors will not be able to properly assess how long Alan Smith will be sidelined until the swelling and bruising to his battered ankle subsides. He could be in plaster for up to six months and only then can the rehabilitation work will start. Dislocating his ankle will have strained and possibly damaged his ligaments which will slow the recovery process further.

Smith's agent Alex Black was quick to play down the wild claims that his boy would never play again.

Black told Sky Sports News: "Certainly from what Alan has been told we're not under the impression that it's at all career-threatening. It will be a long process to come back but if anybody is going to come back from it, it'll be Alan.

"He is tough, not just physically but mentally as well, so he has already started to talk about how quickly he can come back and get himself going again.

"As soon as Alan stays down for any injury, you know it is something quite serious.

"As they called everybody over you feared the worst and when you see the pictures it confirms it a little bit.

"He managed to stay in control of himself despite what must have been excruciating pain. What appears to have happened is when he dislocated his ankle, the force of that actually broke his leg just above his ankle as well.

"We're hopeful that the pictures look a lot worse than (the injury) actually is. The two injuries individually are both serious but they're not major, major injuries and can be treated in a relatively straightforward way, but the two together make it a long healing process for him."

The player himself remains optimistic too:

"I felt my leg go from under me as I went to block a free-kick," Smith told The Sun.

"When I looked down, the leg was laying one way and my ankle was pointing towards Hong Kong so I knew I was in serious trouble. But the doctors are being very positive, I've had the operation and now it's a question of starting on the road back."

Good luck Alan.

redrus

I'm surprised he knew where Hong Kong is, he is a yorkshire lad after all :D

joking aside, I wish him a speedy recovery, and scum a speedier decline

c'mon Wigan

That made me smile too, good lad PS knew I could count on you..... :D:o

redrus

I'm surprised he knew where Hong Kong is, he is a yorkshire lad after all :o

joking aside, I wish him a speedy recovery, and scum a speedier decline

c'mon Wigan

He doesnt! if you watch the video closely you can see that its actually pointing the opposite direction, North America more like (which is quite apt considering who he plays for! :D ).

There goes his World Cup Finals , poor Sod.

I admire Smith a great deal, not particularly for his playing skills but for his courage to "get stuck in where it hurts".

He is the epitamy of the British Bulldog.

Its not eay to re-invent yourself as a midfielder when you have been a striker all your life. Thats what Ferguson wanted him to be, and he tried his best to do it. He is very intellegent and articulate footballer!!

I know that he has the spirit to come back from this and I am sure that ALL OF US wish him a speedy recovery

TP

Yeah, and did you see the way Van and Ronaldo acted.... :o , I swear they were nearly sick. If thats the way they acted, it gives even more credit to Smith for me.

redrus

I have never seen a reaction like that since Peter Schmicall (spelt wrong) when Eion Jess actually had his knee prodruding though his leg when United played Coventry. ( and big Pete was on the other side)

It brings it all into perspective does it not? it. You guys go at it hammer and tongs , but when the chips are down, you proove that you are all humans with feelings..... which is fantastic.

Banter is great... but when sombody gets seriously hurt then our REAL emotions come out... United, City, Pool or Chelsea, nobody wants to see this happen to ANY footballer. I was MOVED by the standing ovation he received from the Liverpool supporters when he was stretchered off

Let the banter continue, but what are we really? A buch of blokes from different parts of the world who do not know each other playing one-upmanship with each other.

Everything that happens on the pitch has nothing to do with us.

Bill Shankly once said that Football was "more important than life or death" as much as I admired him that is complete <deleted>.

Get well soon Terrier (As you know I am not a Man Utd supporter but I care about people, and people make a team)

Hope this sums it up well enough

TP

Be it United, Chelsea, Pool or City.... you are all United in one thing..... Love Of PEOPLE..

I have not encoutered anybody who uses this forum that does not fall into that cattegory.

Even Lampshade will have to agree with me on these points, and we dont see eye to eye on anything!

TP

Nice sentiment TP, and would agree, but the following made me laugh

Guilty Neville punished by FA for improper conduct

England full-back also warned as to his future behaviour

Gary Neville has been fined £5,000 and warned about his future conduct by the Football Association, following his wild celebrations at Manchester United's late winner against Liverpool last month.

The United captain was found guilty of improper conduct by a disciplinary hearing. Neville did not attend the hearing in person but gave evidence via video link, yet was unable to clear his name.

Neville had been charged over his provocative celebrations in front of the travelling Liverpool fans after Rio Ferdinand's decisive goal in the league meeting between the teams at Old Trafford. The England full-back had run fully 60 yards and his reaction swiftly drew criticism from Greater Manchester Police, who wrote to United and the FA.

Article continues

Sir Alex Ferguson, on the other hand, was heavily critical of the decision, believing that there was no case to answer. However, his rather feeble argument that there was "no evidence from the television pictures" somewhat flew in the face of widely broadcast images of Neville, which showed the England full-back kissing his United badge and pumping his fists in the direction of travelling supporters.

The decision was not wholly unexpected and leaves Neville free to lead United into their Carling Cup final encounter at Wigan at the Millennium Stadium on Sunday. Neville reacted with disappointment to the decision and called on the FA to take a look at how they view the behaviour of players. "I believe it to be a poor decision, not only for me but for all footballers," said Neville. "Being a robot devoid of passion and spirit is obviously the way forward for the modern footballer. I ask the authorities where is football being taken to?"

I wasn't going to bring it up Bred but seeing as you have....!

To some on this forum, Phuket Siam and other Liverpool fans I banter with and enjoy talking with I know you wouldn't condone the behaviour towards Smithy, but as after Bestie died, some fans true colours come out at times like this.

Today's Guardian:

The reputation of Liverpool fans took another pummelling last night when it was revealed that the ambulance taking Alan Smith to hospital had come under attack outside Anfield. Supporters surrounded the vehicle while throwing missiles and shouting "Munich scum" in reference to the plane crash that killed 23 people, including eight Manchester United players, in 1958.

Bottles, beer glasses and stones were hurled as the ambulance became stuck in heavy traffic after Saturday's FA Cup tie. Witnesses also claim the ambulance was rocked as some Liverpool followers tried to overturn it. A spokesman for the Merseyside ambulance trust confirmed the attack and condemned the people responsible. "It did not result in any delay in transferring the player to hospital . . . but the trust cannot condone this type of behaviour while administering emergency treatment."

The two paramedics - both Liverpool fans - have been described as "horrified" by what the trust described as the "hostility" once supporters realised Smith was in the ambulance with United's doctor Mike Stone. The vehicle was described as being rocked from side to side as drinkers rushed out of the King Harry pub, some apparently with the intention of turning the vehicle on its side.

"These people aren't real fans of football," United and Liverpool said in a joint statement last night. "Both clubs feel the mindless actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts of all involved to make sure Alan received the best possible treatment as soon as possible. Manchester United would also like to point out they are very grateful for the speedy and efficient help of all Liverpool staff."

It also emerged yesterday that several United supporters have written to Liverpool to complain that home supporters in the Anfield Road end had thrown paper cups containing excrement into the away section below them. "I consider this to be the most disgusting thing that I've seen in over 40 years of attending professional football matches," says one of the letters addressed to Ged Poynton, Anfield's stadium manager.

redrus

"These people aren't real fans of football,"

First I'd heard of that, terrible behaviour. But I think the above quote sums it up. In theory they are, i.e. they follow football and they support Liverpool, but there's no need to tarnish all Liverpool fans with the same brush just because of those few drunken idoits.

Edited by dantilley

i did not want to bring this up but i would not expect anything else from vermin and the throwing cups of sh*t down on the away fans how can anyone go to the trouble of getting a cup and doing that.

anyone who has been to liverpool in the 70s and 80s would not expect anything less from them.

the press love the lovable scallies because they sing some stupid song about walking alone duhhh

anyway enough rambling,and bred blue you can see now why liverpool are our true rivals.

LFC press release.

lfc, would like to put on record that our supporters were not responsable for incidents of excrement or urine showering down on visiting supporters,these incidents where the result of flying pigs that have been flying above anfield for the past 9 months.

lfc, would like to put on record that our supporters were not responsable for incidents of excrement or urine showering down on visiting supporters,these incidents where the result of flying pigs that have been flying above anfield for the past 9 months.

It'll be alright soon lads...........................I hear flushing toilets are due to be introduced to some Northern Counties of England soon :o

Wasn't it somewhere 'oop North' during the Napoleonic Wars that a monkey escaped and the local townsfolk, not previously encountering such fauna, strung it up upon capture suspecting it to be a French spy?

Observing the behaviour of the Scousers vis a vis Alan Smith one can conclude that little progress has been made among the untermencsh of that dreary portion of our sceptred isle.

Wasn't it somewhere 'oop North' during the Napoleonic Wars that a monkey escaped and the local townsfolk, not previously encountering such fauna, strung it up upon capture suspecting it to be a French spy?

Observing the behaviour of the Scousers vis a vis Alan Smith one can conclude that little progress has been made among the untermencsh of that dreary portion of our sceptred isle.

That would be Hartlepool, a monkey was found on the beach, they thought the monkey was an attacking Frenchman. People from said area have been on the wrong end of <deleted> eversince. As you may be after some read your post son.

redrus

That was the other side of the country. The side we're talking about didn't hang their monkeys..........................................................they gave them season tickets for Old Trafford And Anfield. :o

i did not want to bring this up but i would not expect anything else from vermin and the throwing cups of sh*t down on the away fans how can anyone go to the trouble of getting a cup and doing that.

anyone who has been to liverpool in the 70s and 80s would not expect anything less from them.

anyway enough rambling,and bred blue you can see now why liverpool are our true rivals.

Yep, i'm with you there. I have some not so nice memories of being on the receiving end in one shape or fashion on several visits to both scally grounds.

Still don't see why they're "your true rivals"...but i'm happy for your lot to keep on believing it and thereby allowing my lot to have the better of recent meetings as your lot are not up for it as much as my lot being as we're not your main rivals (unlike our mindset) - long may it continue.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

The Guardian's Fivers take on it:

IF THIS AMBULANCE IS ROCKING, DON'T COME A KNOCKING

Several luxury cruise operators in Egypt have had their spring schedule thrown into disarray by the continued presence of vast numbers of Liverpool supporters in denial (the Nile - geddit? Oh).

The supporters have been resolutely refusing to leave the water since Saturday afternoon, when rumours that Scousers chased the ambulance carting Alan Smith to hospital, pelting it with missiles and attempting to turn it over, first emerged. Adamant 'the media avitinferuz' they would not be moved.

Egypt's holiday companies had hoped their ships - which are currently queued up in several miles of Armani, tan accelerant and talk of the country club - might get back on course this morning, when Liverpool FC and the MU Rowdies issued a joint statement confirming and condemning the incident. "These people aren't real fans of football,"

they said. "Both clubs feel the mindless actions of a few idiots should not overshadow the efforts to ensure Alan received the best possible treatment."

But Liverpool Supporters Club spokesman Les Lawson wasn't quite ready to be drawn shorewards for an apology. "These people have not been identified," he insisted, his well-worn shellsuit proudly bearing five stars, lest we forget. "Until they've been identifed, there's nothing to say whether they were football supporters or just normal people from society, hanging on to the game."

Liverpool also confirmed that Rowdies fans complained that people above them in the Anfield Road end had retaliated to verbal mudslinging with something altogether more unwholesome: steaming, fresh, fecal matter. Whether this was down to the home supporters sat above them or just normal people from society who happened to be passing remains to be seen, but the Fiver's with Les on this one.

It'd be virtually impossible for any Liverpool fan to manage the necessary over-arm action with that standard-issue chip on their shoulder.

That was the other side of the country. The side we're talking about didn't hang their monkeys..........................................................they gave them season tickets for Old Trafford And Anfield. :D

I'd rather be a monkey than a rent boy............. Oh I'd rather be a....... (there's a song in there somewhere Lamps, see if you can work it out for yourself. 1, the song and 2, why even with all your money and your 1st maybe 2nd premiership trophy, no important club or any other club for that matter, gives a flying <deleted>*k about you). :o:D:D

redrus

[

I'd rather be a monkey than a rent boy............. Oh I'd rather be a....... (there's a song in there somewhere Lamps, see if you can work it out for yourself. 1, the song and 2, why even with all your money and your 1st maybe 2nd premiership trophy, no important club or any other club for that matter, gives a flying <deleted>*k about you). :o:D:D

redrus

Hold on there lad........let me bait the hook properly before you take the hook, line and sinker.

I use to remember sitting back, watching United play and wishing that one day we would have money like Fergie to spend. Never did it cross my mind to run your team down because they were rich. I used to run your team down because Fergie was an arrogant c**t. I used to love some of your players; Giggsy,Keane, Bruce to name a few. And quote' Even with all your money' Sorry I thought United had just been disposed as the richest club in the world by Real Madrid. Still in second place though. Maybe if you was to use some of your wealth like we have it might stop you talking out your <deleted>*******ing Arsenal.

[

I'd rather be a monkey than a rent boy............. Oh I'd rather be a....... (there's a song in there somewhere Lamps, see if you can work it out for yourself. 1, the song and 2, why even with all your money and your 1st maybe 2nd premiership trophy, no important club or any other club for that matter, gives a flying <deleted>*k about you). :D:D:D

redrus

Hold on there lad........let me bait the hook properly before you take the hook, line and sinker.

I use to remember sitting back, watching United play and wishing that one day we would have money like Fergie to spend. Never did it cross my mind to run your team down because they were rich. I used to run your team down because Fergie was an arrogant c**t. I used to love some of your players; Giggsy,Keane, Bruce to name a few. And quote' Even with all your money' Sorry I thought United had just been disposed as the richest club in the world by Real Madrid. Still in second place though. Maybe if you was to use some of your wealth like we have it might stop you talking out your <deleted>*******ing Arsenal.

LOL,

who's baiting the hook here.....55555

Yes, richest club in the world in many more senses than money. We spent a ###### sight less than you fella. In the days you're talking about most of the players cost us <deleted> all so, having spent around 300 million, who's talkin out of they're fookin Arse.....!!!!!

I don't run your team down.....? :D:o I don't need to.

All teams go through lean spells, ours was about 26 years, what was yours again..... :D

Start running your mouth off when you've got some substance to run it off with..... :D

redrus

Are the English so vacuous as to still think club football partisanship has any value beyond an outdated irrational attachment to some tatty ground or a piece of real estate christened in traditional colours and blessed in mawkish sentiment dressed up as tradition?

Bit like taking a piss in your dad's favourite fish n' chip shop doorway now owned by Mehmet Ozal flogging kebabs n' chips and swearing blind the vinegar tastes just as good, in my book.

Let's face it chaps, English football isn't. It's a circus run by others on pitches occupying space in Blighty for the benefit of global interests feeding a gormless world population starved of meaningful entertainment. The standard of football is irredeemably crap but "exciting " in the sense that betting is on the outcome of a cockroach race in a prison yard. It's only when your magnificent lions take the international field that the sheer mediocrity of your game is exposed for all to see.

Germany will probably be no different but somehow next season the denizens of English ghettoes will overlook that fact and still bay moronically at the away crew in their home ground simply because that's what they do. Stands to reason, doesn't it..... I mean, it's bleeding Chelsea aint it, you gotta be there aintcha? It don't matter abaht that Russian crap, and him being a dago and all, and all the lads being not from these parts....we still got Terry and Lampard aint we? Yer, we is better than them Northern scum. aint we?

Gotta laugh, aintcha?