Two Nigerians Arrested With ‘Ice’ Worth US$33.000 In Bangkok

webfact

Two Nigerians arrested with ‘ice’ worth Bt1 million in Bangkok

image_2011051917373807D50177-D868-7ACC-BEAE3874B85F04E3.jpg

BANGKOK, May 19 – Two Nigerian men, suspected of being part of a drug smuggling ring, were arrested Thursday with 500 grammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice,' valued at an estimated Bt1 million (US$33,300) in eastern Bangkok’s Ramkhamhaeng area, according to narcotics suppression police.

Identified as Ahamefule Cosmos and Iriegbe Chinonso, the two Nigerian nationals were detained at a convenience store near Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24. Police took them to their apartment for further investigation and found 28 packages of crystal meth, weighing in total 500 grammes valued at $33,300.

The arrest followed the arrest of Thai national Polsingha Putthasri, who held 100 grammes of ‘ice,’ saying he bought the illegal drug from a Nigerian drug syndicate.

According to the initial investigation, the detainees claimed that their friend smuggled the drug for them to sell it to partygoers and tourists in Bangkok's Ratchada and Nana areas.

Initially, the two Nigerians were charged with possessing illicit drugs for sale. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-05-19

about time!

even if only two of them..

Could these 2 possibly be a couple of the black guys referred to in the other post where a number of Thai girls are to be executed in China because they carried drugs there?

Who is that guy standing at the back on our left. I'm sure I've seen his face before. :whistling:

jb1

He's incognito eh. :)

BUT, would have picked a much less obvious disguise.

:lol: I think it's Thaksin sneaking back into the room.

[ two Nigerian nationals were detained at a convenience store near Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24. Police took them to their apartment for further investigation and found 28 packages of crystal meth ]

Read between the lines - who is the real users the Ramkhamhaeng College students - the Nigerian's preferred distribution is not only the fanfare of the entertainment areas such as Ratchada and Nana and Soi Cowboy - most tourists would not be interested - its the workers at these places and the Ramkhamhaeng students these slimey sub-human's are preying on.

How the heck are all those Nigerians I see on Suk-Soi-5 getting long term visa's ? - coz the same guys have been there for many many months pimping their Nigerian girls

Its all about the pay-offs - if you pay enough you get the instant long term visa delivered to your door

[ two Nigerian nationals were detained at a convenience store near Ramkhamhaeng Soi 24. Police took them to their apartment for further investigation and found 28 packages of crystal meth ]

Read between the lines - who is the real users the Ramkhamhaeng College students - the Nigerian's preferred distribution is not only the fanfare of the entertainment areas such as Ratchada and Nana and Soi Cowboy - most tourists would not be interested - its the workers at these places and the Ramkhamhaeng students these slimey sub-human's are preying on.

How the heck are all those Nigerians I see on Suk-Soi-5 getting long term visa's ? - coz the same guys have been there for many many months pimping their Nigerian girls

Its all about the pay-offs - if you pay enough you get the instant long term visa delivered to your door

Their customers arent college students from Ram... This is the cheapest Uni in Thailand, they dont have the money to pay for a few beers never mind supporting a drug habit. As for the visas, they come on a tourist, and never leave. Worst case they get caught, pay 20,000 baht and have to leave before coming back.

about time!

Yeah, maybe the BIB should be checking up a little more on certain areas around Sukhumvit as well

Looks pretty much that they'd bought their protection. But it's also possible that they issue them work permits now to be 'legal'.:jap:

It wasn't really convenient for them to get arrested next to a convenience store...........:jap:

too bad they don't follow the product and arrest more involved in the network

They'll always only find the little guys. Money makes the world turn around...........:jap:

Edited by sirchai

about time!

Yeah, maybe the BIB should be checking up a little more on certain areas around Sukhumvit as well

Looks pretty much that they'd bought their protection. But it's also possible that they issue them work permits now to be 'legal'.:jap:

In Pattaya they'd get a Knighthood :ph34r:

Their customers arent college students from Ram... This is the cheapest Uni in Thailand, they dont have the money to pay for a few beers never mind supporting a drug habit. As for the visas, they come on a tourist, and never leave. Worst case they get caught, pay 20,000 baht and have to leave before coming back.

Hmm, I wouldn't agree with that one bit - maybe you have little understanding on how these people operate. Pretty sure that they'd be giving out tasters - and once hooked, well even if they haven't got money they will get some to feed the habit - whatever it takes.

Ya know with all the nigerians and iranians getting busted for dope this past year I wonder how long before the gang problems start up in the bangkok hilton lol I mean there has to be alot of them in there now.

You are quite correct about the "gang problem" in prison, though it is more of a "group problem" than a gang one. Nigerians, more than any other nationality here in LOS, have been getting busted for drugs and many other crimes, for over 15 years. Don't take my word for it if you like, read the court cases for any year or years and see the percentages for yourselves. You wont even need a calculator. It's that obvious. I am not prejudiced. Just stating the facts. Most Nigerians stick pretty much to themselves inside. They usually help and support any amongst them in need. Many have substantial outside support. Many are just dumped and forgotten by their "boss" and friends too. They have little choice in the matter of sticking to themselves anyway, as most other inmates - foreign and Thai (including some of their own) cant stand them and their attitude/ways. There is usually though, a small minority amongst them, or individuals, who usually have a Thai wife, speak Thai and have "been around a while" and who do try follow local customs and try and fit in. The Iranians generally seem to go for a "lower profile" and not try to make waves or fight the system(which stinks). They still come to grief on occasion though - more than the average foreigner does. The fact is, Nigerians are the largest foreign group in Thai prisons. One prison (that I know of at least) even has/or had an all Nigerian football team. I speak from personal experience about this and some of the "older members" here will remember it and why. I saw some really massive fights, where the Thais(and others) had just been pushed too far, or had had enough and went at them. It was always far too one sided though in my opinion, usually with 5 to 10 Thais on to one Nigerian. They didn't all go down easy though, as many Nigerians are into heavy body building and are "very big guys" by any means, many of whom gave a good account of themselves. The outcome was never in doubt though and always the same. The Nigerians got "decimated" with more than a few ending up in hospital(along with more than a few Thais), often in a serious condition, but this never changed their attitude or their ways one bit, so on it went and still does. It still remains a mystery to me and I am at a loss to understand, as to how the heck they can still openly do business on the street(count the heads around Soi Nana area), even allowing for the corruption of "Law enforcement" after all this time. Granted. Not all of them can be breaking the law. Just 95% of them, going on crime figures released. Can anyone else explain this? And yeah. Why do they never catch the "big guys" - even though more than a few must be Thais themselves............

Edited by newtronbom

One Thai man I met here while flying radio controlled helicopters, is a policeman ranked captain, who works for Thai Immigration and is in the "narcotics police division." He is a nice guy and we often sat down for a beer and a yarn with a few others at the end of the day. One of the regular complaints he had about his job - apart from the low salary and ugly co-workers - was that they would get real close to making an arrest, only to be told - often at the last minute - to leave it alone and forget it, by the regular narcotics police, who outranked them, or by orders from higher up in his own division. He would not say it outright (couldn't say it outright) but made it very clear to the rest of us, that it was much more than just a case of stepping on the toes of a much bigger investigation. Some of the biggest players and slime balls that ""seemed to be protected"", more often than not, were from Nigeria. He just couldn't figure out why, when others(non Nigerian) who seemed to be very big players too, were fair game. I would like to know why this is, but am sure I never will. TiT

Oh dear. It seems our Nigerian friends were grassed up for a lighter sentence. Such are the perils of dealing in Thailand.

Ahamefule Cosmos and Iriegbe Chinonso will be pretty busy and I guess they won't see ice for a long time...........:lol:

about time!

In Pattaya they'd get a Knighthood :ph34r:

Knighthood plus Thai passport. Duke of Ice.....................:jap:

I had to zoom in on the picture to make sure! BUT there is a guy in the top left of the photo wearing a Thai mask! Was that his undercover disguise?

:D:rolleyes::lol:

No, he's not wearing a mask! That's what he looks like............:jap:

Is the a logo being shown on the TV channel the screen-cap is taken from.

Thank you for pointing that out. Without your help I would had never notice this.

You know, on this forum you never truly can tell...