Tot Sim Card Works For Smart Phones?

it would be nice when you post if you can give more details (and use the search function)

what network are you on

post pay or pre pay

do you want 3g?

if not where are you using the phone

do you have a tot 3g sim now

Your questions are right on target, showing my lack of understanding.

Its TOT prepaid for normal mobile, no G3 sim, looking for the HTC desire z, which is 3G I'm told. To be used in Chiang Mai and on travel including Europe/Germany

AIS have good 3G coverage in Chiang Mai, while TOT, and their resellers, have good 3G coverage in Bangkok. The HTC Desire Z would work on either network.

It sounds like you have a SIM now, and a phone number you like so I think you are asking if you can transfer (MNP. Mobile Number Portability, aka port) that number to a new provider when you finally buy your Desire Z? If so which network are you on now? You may be able to port to AIS/One-2-Call; you would not be able to port to TOT/resellers, AFAIK.

Again, it would be better if you could be a bit more clear about what it is you are trying to do.

let me answer in my simplistic way=

I want to switch into modern times, from my ice age Nokia mobile to a Desire Z.

And I want to keep my phone number, if without too much headache possible, which now is a TOT prepaid sim.

Does that help?

let me answer in my simplistic way=

I want to switch into modern times, from my ice age Nokia mobile to a Desire Z.

And I want to keep my phone number, if without too much headache possible, which now is a TOT prepaid sim.

Does that help?

Maybe I'm missing your point but I'm pretty sure you would remove your TOT SIM from your ©old Nokia phone and put it in your new Desire Z phone. Voila, old number in new phone. Like magic. :)