The Fuzz Are Out In Force

snamos

I saw a heap of cops today down at rawaii at the intersection near icon pub...they were pulling a lot of people over.....hardly anyone wears helmets down there so Im sure they will be making a killing......I also noticed them in soi dtaiet near tiger muay thai, there appeared to be a few higher ranking cops searching cars... ( i might be mistaken on the searching part) or something similar....maybe a drug crackdown too

Edited by snamos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have certainly been in some different places recently, as well as the usual ones.

Interesting article posted by Brieno. Maybe the mods could put this in a more prominent place.

Could it be that the police are trying to make a few more baht before a clampdown? Probably not, answering my own question, but you never know.

Pretty sure you're not supposed to quote that source on ThaiVisa.

Mate..its relevant info to the OP and no mention of 'that sc ource'....Good Grief man :realangry:

You've just quoted an almost complete article from a news source . Deleting the name of the source where ever it appeared doesn't fool anyone.

The (very prickly) editor of that place has very strongly told TV not to quote his material. It is specifically written in the rules of this forum.

If you're too lazy to present an interesting news story in your own words, whatever the source, don't think you have pulled the wool over all eyes by deleting a couple of identifying words.

:bah:

Edited by katabeachbum
removed name of source. This source does not want to be quoted, linked or mentioned here on ThaiVisa. Please respect it.

As for pulling the wool over all your eyes :blink: ..????? I in no way at all intended that or even attempted that.....

Careful........Old Croc is an Aussie and "pulling the wool over your eyes" could be construed as a form of sexual fore-play by our Antipodean cousins.

Edited by KarenBravo

As for pulling the wool over all your eyes :blink: ..????? I in no way at all intended that or even attempted that.....

Careful........Old Croc is an Aussie and "pulling the wool over your eyes" could be construed as a form of sexual fore-play by our Antipodean cousins.

Wow thanks for the info KB...maybe i should complain about him making sexually suggestive comments on forum if thats the case...:D :D

But all joking aside, the guy is obviously smart enough to notice if anyone ever did dare try to 'pull the wool over his eyes'' .......forewarned is forearmed as they say.

snamos they were at the three way there yesterday too, in the dirveway of the 7/11 and across the street. They were looking for someone or some vehicle specifically as when GOM rode through with no helmet, they didn't pay attention.

yeah i got stopped the other night with no helmet on me or the gal about 100m down from chalong circle to towards rawaii on witchet road... ....someone also took a photo of me handing my licence to an officer with the important looking hat....no fine...maybe they were just proving they were out in force or something....but down at rawaii today there was smoke coming off the ticket books from the speed they were writing tickets rolleyes.gif

same up near work...was pulled over in cherngtalay today and asked for my driver's license and registration. gave them my japanese driver's license, my american license and my international license. i was told my international license was "no good for thailand" (even though i got it in february) and fined 500 baht for not having a thai one. conveniently, they had one of their police friends sat right there with a table so i could pay on the spot. first time in the four years that i've lived here that i've ever been pulled over or fined.

a heads up--a friend working at centara grand in karon said there is a checkpoint set up in between that hotel and le meridien.

Just saw the big Police bus out front of the Chalong Police station, the one they use to load people in when they do the drug raids/testing on bars or clubs.

Looks like they'll be doing some drug raiding this weekend.

and 4 alcometers arrived south of Phuket today

the new head honcho in Chalong has strict orders to clean up

same up near work...was pulled over in cherngtalay today and asked for my driver's license and registration. gave them my japanese driver's license, my american license and my international license. i was told my international license was "no good for thailand" (even though i got it in february) and fined 500 baht for not having a thai one. conveniently, they had one of their police friends sat right there with a table so i could pay on the spot. first time in the four years that i've lived here that i've ever been pulled over or fined.

a heads up--a friend working at centara grand in karon said there is a checkpoint set up in between that hotel and le meridien.

I thought that the fine for not wearing a helmet was 200 Baht ?

Maybe that was a time ago. ;)

Wow thanks for the info KB...maybe i should complain about him making sexually suggestive comments on forum if thats the case...:D :D

But all joking aside, the guy is obviously smart enough to notice if anyone ever did dare try to 'pull the wool over his eyes'' .......forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Sorry, I missed your reply to my post, apart from the partial quote above. Seems it disappeared before I saw it. You could PM it to me if you don't want your thoughts to go to waste.

Karon's been having his little digs at me for years, even before he joined the forum. :D

Would i get some sort of reward right now for taking police men in uniform without helmets, riding like monkeys on my road? Tons of them and they seem high ranking.

Police are allowed to drive without helmet.

Are you sure? I didn't know that. They're all over the campaign posters, sitting on their bikes with helmets on, so I assumed they are supposed to wear them, even if the law doesn't actually state they have to.

I've also followed them through the back roads many a time, with no helmet on, to see them put it on just as they reach the town.

Just saw the big Police bus out front of the Chalong Police station, the one they use to load people in when they do the drug raids/testing on bars or clubs.

Looks like they'll be doing some drug raiding this weekend.

and 4 alcometers arrived south of Phuket today

the new head honcho in Chalong has strict orders to clean up

Who is the new head honcho exactly? Usual suspects in there only last week. And clean up what? Taking a cut from the selling of ice?

So they fined you for not having a Thai license !

I once avoided a fine showing my international license (the Danish one was no good I was told) ,but it changes all the time apparently.

I wonder if they will fine me when I come back after my latest work session. I still after 13 years don't have a Thai license ,but that may have to change soon.

Than again - what do they do - I come in on a 30 days on arrival (so I am a tourist technically) - but tourists may also have to take Thai driving licenses now a days or avoid driving ??

Did you get a receipt for that? Afaik should have been 300 baht in stead of 500. Plus your international one, if legit, should have been valid.

Would i get some sort of reward right now for taking police men in uniform without helmets, riding like monkeys on my road? Tons of them and they seem high ranking.

But are not allowed to stand at Chalong circle without one ...... :rolleyes:

I thought that the fine for not wearing a helmet was 200 Baht ?

Maybe that was a time ago. ;)

i was wearing a helmet. i was fined for not having a thai drivers license. :)