Question About Staying In Thailand Long Term.

Hello all,

It's a long time since I have asked questions about visas here on thaivisa, but now I would like to ask for some general information about visas in Thailand, and hope to get some good answers, - as usual !

My situation is this:

A couple of years ago I was living in Thailand, but the last two years or so I have mostly been in Europe, though I have been in Thailand every winter and therefore have been able to maintain the yearly extension of permit to stay based on retirement. I do also have the yellow house book and thai driver's licence, so no problem there at the moment.

Now I am thinking of living in Thailand again on a more permanent basis, and therefore my question is:

Has anything changed in recent two years regarding the possibility to stay in Thailand as an retiree and do you have any opinion on if things are likely to change in the future, or will it just be business as usual ?

I understand, that from time to time application forms, number of copies etc. can change, so my question is not about small issues like that, more about the major policy in Thailand about foreigners staying long time.

Best regards.

Flame/troll and response removed.

I notice, you have deleted my post as well, so in case people wonder, why I am asking, I will copy from the previous (now deleted) post:

"And being in Europe most of the time I have not followed closely, what happens in Thailand, especially not regarding politics, so there might be some legislation or something similar on the way, that I did not hear about , so I found it completely natural to ask here."

I also have some property in Europe, I would like to sell, and if conditions of staying in Thailand were to get worse than before, there would be no need to sell then.

Best regards.

Unless you live in Downtown Bangkok the Reds donot seem to go out of their way to bother people. But who knows what can happen with the new election and its outcome. Most of the Thais I talk to donot seem to worried. there are no guarantee where ever you live.