Storage Of Household Goods

mark131v

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

me and the family have recently moved over to Thailand in April and we have rented an house to live for the next 6 months or so before we buy or build our own.

Does anybody have any ideas or recommendations for storage companies as all our worldly goods are arriving from the UK later this month and we don't really want to unload everything into the rented house, if possible we would prefer to keep everything containerized until we are in somewhere a bit more long term any help or advice gratefully accepted

many thanks Mark

ps anywhere within a 2 hour drive of Pattaya will be good, Phuket or Chiang Mai not so good!!!

Blimey,

I cant believe I am the only person who has moved over to LOS and has had this problem before, somebody must have done this before and it was either sorted out or not, either way any pointers would be nice

If this is the case that there is nobody doing this service then I reckon somebody is missing a business opportunity!!

Cheers

Mark

Not sure, but I think people normally store their belongings in their home country first, then ship them over at the appropriate time.

I think if you risked storing anything here. Most of it would have disappeared by the time you wanted it?

jb1

Not sure, but I think people normally store their belongings in their home country first, then ship them over at the appropriate time.

I think if you risked storing anything here. Most of it would have disappeared by the time you wanted it?

jb1

You may be right JB but I still think someone is missing an opportunity here, will have a chat with the shipping company before the container arrives and see what they suggest, worst case is we will have a very full house for a while!

vmt

Mark

Whoever is in charge of clearing and delivering your goods in Thailand most likely has a warehouse...unless you have used dodgy removals, in which case you may be taken for a ride when it arrives

Whoever is in charge of clearing and delivering your goods in Thailand most likely has a warehouse...unless you have used dodgy removals, in which case you may be taken for a ride when it arrives

Agreed. When I had my stuff shipped over from the States about 1 1/2years ago, the shipping company could have provided either storage or delivery to us, as we are in the Surin area. Fortunately we were ready for everything so I picked everything up at the docks and that was that.

Probably your shipment will go to a freight forwarder in KlongToey upon arrival, and you will need to deal with them. Ask about storage. Good luck!

mario299

Agreed. When I had my stuff shipped over from the States about 1 1/2years ago, the shipping company could have provided either storage or delivery to us, as we are in the Surin area. Fortunately we were ready for everything so I picked everything up at the docks and that was that.

Probably your shipment will go to a freight forwarder in KlongToey upon arrival, and you will need to deal with them. Ask about storage. Good luck!

mario299

Cheers

will get the missus to ring the shipping office in Bang Na tomorrow as everything is in her name and see what they suggest, Yep it would appear that there is definite scope for being shafted for a few baht more but what can you do? life in Thailand I guess

many thanks

Mark