Reggae Pub

I live on the ring road and get a fair bit of noise from traffic and advertisements that go past. As i got out of the shower today i could hear the massive ego which is Bonno singing Sunday bloody Sunday it took a second, and then i though, was that someone playing there music obnoxiously loud or..... someone is using a song about a massacre to advertise an event on a Sunday?!? well role on about 2 hours and i am sat at work and the same truck saunters past blasting out the same tune at ear shattering decibels and what was it?........ the Reggae pub and that moronic DJ (the tonight tonight Thai boxing one) advertising their beer drinking contest.

Now i don't know which genius scripts these advert trucks but come on dont just play a song because its got Sunday in the lirics.

Reminds me of Alan Partridge

"'Sunday Bloody Sunday'. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you think "Sunday, bloody Sunday!"."

Edited by williamrobson

I popped onto the Reggae Pub last week. Hadn't been for ages so thought I'd take a look. There were about 10 bored looking tourists and about 20 bored looking staff!!!! The band was even more bored (boring?) than usual. Really hope they go tits up and we can get some peace and quiet from those dam_n trucks!

I popped onto the Reggae Pub last week. Hadn't been for ages so thought I'd take a look. There were about 10 bored looking tourists and about 20 bored looking staff!!!! The band was even more bored (boring?) than usual. Really hope they go tits up and we can get some peace and quiet from those dam_n trucks!

i bet that there is still that one expat waltzing his way through the pop music, wiping the sweat off his forehead the entire time.

I venture The Reggae Pub will be around longer than The Honey Bar. Good job too, keeps the remaining bars in Soi Reggae going. And a couple of great fire work displays a year. Reggae anniversary best night of the year for every bar in The Soi.

Even bono is bored of the song in his lyrics he is moaning " how long, how long must we sing this song " repeat that bit might be more appriate to repeat that might be more apropriate

the noisy truck adverts is one thing, there is not only the RP advert truck, but Bar Ice, Chaweng Boxing, Petchboon Boxing, Bar Solo and several others if there are events comin' up.

However the RP is one of the well established Samui Institutions, it's Legend, I know it from it's times when it really still was a small pub with a sandpit for a dance floor and since Sergio is the DJ, he is a piece of this institution..... my opinion is that those gentlemen who carry any complains about this entertainment place, look into the magic mirror and think about what makes them so old and think so backwardly... maybe it's "too old to rock 'n roll and too young to die!"

by midnight the Reggea still enjoys it's clientel and they still enjoy the Reggea Pub music, there are choices, Bar Solo, the Green Mango, Ark-bar and more, Samui "Hard Rock Cafe" with it's 70ties Music, there is Roong Beer, and Camp Beer for some local taste... and yes, the red light district bars for "entertainment" with their squeeky girlies and the mind numbing "boom, boom, boom, boo, no money, no sex, no money, no honey, honey, honey" themes - well and then nobody is forced to go to the RP.. and yes another year samui is going through a bad downturn, june is approaching... many places closing, even "Chez Andy" has shut it's doors, the bars in Soi Reggae not only because of lack of customers, but yes beside bad business, being completely flooded twice in within under 4 month time.....

I live very close by, in the area - it never bothered me... I'll go there if I can't sleep, or simply want some fun!

Edited by Samuian

the noisy truck adverts is one thing, there is not only the RP advert truck, but Bar Ice, Chaweng Boxing, Petchboon Boxing, Bar Solo and several others if there are events comin' up.

However the RP is one of the well established Samui Institutions, it's Legend, I know it from it's times when it really still was a small pub with a sandpit for a dance floor and since Sergio is the DJ, he is a piece of this institution..... my opinion is that those gentlemen who carry any complains about this entertainment place, look into the magic mirror and think about what makes them so old and think so backwardly... maybe it's "too old to rock 'n roll and too young to die!"

by midnight the Reggea still enjoys it's clientel and they still enjoy the Reggea Pub music, there are choices, Bar Solo, the Green Mango, Ark-bar and more, Samui "Hard Rock Cafe" with it's 70ties Music, there is Roong Beer, and Camp Beer for some local taste... and yes, the red light district bars for "entertainment" with their squeeky girlies and the mind numbing "boom, boom, boom, boo, no money, no sex, no money, no honey, honey, honey" themes - well and then nobody is forced to go to the RP.. and yes another year samui is going through a bad downturn, june is approaching... many places closing, even "Chez Andy" has shut it's doors, the bars in Soi Reggae not only because of lack of customers, but yes beside bad business, being completely flooded twice in within under 4 month time.....

I live very close by, in the area - it never bothered me... I'll go there if I can't sleep, or simply want some fun!

So true, so true guitar.gif

My op was more to do with the poor choice of song used to advertise an event on a Sunday no so much the Reggae pub itself.

Even bono is bored of the song in his lyrics he is moaning " how long, how long must we sing this song " repeat that bit might be more appriate to repeat that might be more apropriate

:lol:

Nice one BigC, that made me laugh, I'll probably remember this when I hear the song again.

The last time I was in the RP and Green Mango in 1998, I suppose a lot has changed since then.