Moving Stuff To Singapore

zthyadat

I have to move a couple of cubic metres of stuff to Singapore soon and removals companies are asking stupid prices (probably assuming that some bank is paying the way, which is not the case). I am happy to pack a couple of crates myself and even pick it up myself at the Singapore port. Does anyone have any suggestions for shippers who won't charge an arm and a gonad for this - and around how much it should cost?

Singapore ain't cheap. Why do you assume that removals companies are asking for stupid prices? Port charges are huge in Singapore, so is man power, customs etc. Freight is free, but do you really want to go to the port in Singapore and collect it? Are you employed in Singapore?

This is why you pay for a service. $1,500 should get it there for you.

Singapore ain't cheap. Why do you assume that removals companies are asking for stupid prices? Port charges are huge in Singapore, so is man power, customs etc. Freight is free, but do you really want to go to the port in Singapore and collect it? Are you employed in Singapore?

Thanks for the replies thus far.

I am employed in Singapore, so have an import dispensation on household goods (This is why I can't mail it in separate pieces - it is meant to arrive and be cleared in one batch). Picking it up down there with the papers in hand is apparently very easy.

I know the prices the THAI companies are asking are high because a friend in Singapore had more stuff moved from bloody Fiji for less than the local removals companies are asking.

I don't want all the service. I can pack my own stuff fill in my own goods list. I just need it put on a boat at this end and taken off at the other.

Thanks for the replies thus far.

I am employed in Singapore, so have an import dispensation on household goods (This is why I can't mail it in separate pieces - it is meant to arrive and be cleared in one batch). Picking it up down there with the papers in hand is apparently very easy.

I know the prices the THAI companies are asking are high because a friend in Singapore had more stuff moved from bloody Fiji for less than the local removals companies are asking.

I don't want all the service. I can pack my own stuff fill in my own goods list. I just need it put on a boat at this end and taken off at the other.

If you reckon you can pack it yourself, then call a freight forwarder and ask them to come and collect and ship to Singapore, including handling charges in Singapore as the freight is free, then go and collect it. There are a million freight forwarders in Thailand.