Scouse.

PS. As a salutory point, I once raided a Thai restaurant in Surrey and nicked the owner's sister for working when she shouldn't have been. She'd been in the UK less than 24 hours.

Sounds like we ought to be careful what we say or you might be tipping off the authorities, what a lovely job you have, you must be very proud of nicking people as you mention it quite often-peter

I appreciate the topic to which Thai3 contributed is now closed but I remain intrigued as to why he/she felt it necessary to question Scouse's motivation in supplying the inestimable advice he has provided over the past 3 years. Any story is inevitably sweetened by the presaging anecdote and Thai3's comments are no exception. Unfortunately, the moderator's use of the guillotine(sp?) has prevented any prospect of enlightenment which is such a pity since it is increasingly rare that I find my interest is aroused, particularly within these fora so often blighted by the stupid,profane or just plain addled.

And he's still sending me PMs (and other members, too) accusing me of being a nark. He really has got a bee in his bonnet over this one. I really do have more important things to do in life than deal with someone who is

stupid,profane or just plain addled

However, in order to put Thai3's mind at rest, I shall address the issue. It should be clear to any marginally sentient member that my anecdotes relate to actual events from my incarnation as an immigration officer. They are merely statements of fact, illustrative of the point under discussion, and are not indicative any schadenfreude derived from the situation.

Thai3 stated that it is OK to work unlawfully in the UK because you'll never be caught, so I responded with an actual account of someone who was arrested within 24 hours of arriving in the UK. I take no delight from it. It just happens to be true, and disproves Thai3's point, and that is the crux of the matter.

I'm no psychologist, so I don't really know what has got under Thai3's skin, but certainly, if I were involved in denouncing people to the UK authorities I, purely and simply, wouldn't waste my effort giving advice in the first place. If my very existence is going to rile him, then I suggest he puts me on his ignore list.

Scouse.

This individual has been banned from virtually every Thai Forum on the net. Even Mango Sauce was getting fed up with him before David closed the forums.

The only surprise is that it's taken him so long to get round to this place.

Just ignore him.