Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Cries Again In Phayao While Campaigning

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai voters are big on empathy and emotion, low on logic and big on getting paid for their vote. This will do Pheu Thai no harm at all and may well boost their vote.

This woman looks and ACTS like the DRAMA queens on Thai soap opera-T.V.-----It's a pity the Thai people cannot see this, but they are easily led-only takes a few BHT--and tears. There are a majority of crazy voters to give her the job, The hub of shams now.

But is she the overbearing pooyai, scary mum, or is she the doe-eyed, pure as the driven snow, little girl next door character?

I suspect she was in tears as she was forced to slum it with poor people. Prada had a new handbag that day in that day at the Emporium, and she was forced to be there in the sun, god forbid, getting a little tan.

Don't be fooled, the closest these guys gets to a person earning less than 200 day is if that person is cleaning up after them....or if they are hiding their assets.

Who knows, maybe it will catch on, I can just see Chuwit, Abhisit and Sondhi showing their softer side with a good cry in. She probably finds the whole thing a little overwhelming. I don't think she is that good an actress she can turn the tears on at will. No shame in that, but, is this the start of a little touch feely type of electioneering in Thailand, or if she becomes PM, will we become accustomed to her breaking down every time there is a heated debate in Parliament.

Hardly the stuff of an iron lady I would suggest.

I think I have been around long enough to know that nothing is ever this simple. However, I always find it extremely interesting in Thai politics how the policies are so clear and absolute, so early in the electioneering phase.

By the time this finishes, I would expect these 5 ups and 5 downs, to have spread to 25 ups, 25 downs and 10 sideways. I can see that they want to create a clear message to go head to head with PTP on very specific issues, it is just that these policies only appeal to a part of the country. For that, I say ok, but it is hardly going a long way to talking to the country. In fact, I might go so far as to say, that these policies have virtually nothing to do with many of the existing democrat voters. So, I wonder when they will get their 5/5 manifesto?

I applaud things that help the farmers and the poor, it is just if I was a middle class guy with a car on finance, a mortgage or a small business I might care to know if there is anything in there for me? Seems as yet not. I guess they will have to wait for the next 10 policies to be released. Of course the Dems should pursue policies to aid the poor, but they need to appeal to more than that.

It don't think that you take it simple. My wording was simple, to keep it short and because I don't write long essays here.

With "don't assume that ..." and "Don't forget that ...' I meant to remind all of us when we read the "news" and didn't want specially lecturing you. (I had actually more those in mind who keep focussing on shed tears in Phayao instead to take a look at the essentials like you did.)

I think the Democrats see themselves as a catch-all and big-tent party. Not just a party for the better off, the upper and middle class. They have big support in the south, by all social classes. (same as the PTP is not just a party for the poor and the working class, PTP has also support from the new rich, big businesses and "capitalists". I don't mean just the Shinawatra consortium)

With the goal to become the ruling party and as a big-tent and harmony for all party the Democrats are seeking to increase their voter base in the North and North East. For that they have to target the farmers.

But okay, this helping the poor might be also a patronizing attitude of the Democrats. The better offs, who see themselves as the do-gooders, and think they know what is best for the poor. (guess that is the group you have as the "existing democrat voters" in mind) A middle class that is traditionalist, conservative and (constitutional) monarchist of course. With lots of moral values.

And yes, its astonishing how in Thai politics the policies are so clear and absolute in theses election campaigns.

I sense you have some doubts with the Democrats. There are not only the the missing points, its also worth to look at 5&5 points.

Promises like *15 years of free education* or *increase profits for farmers by 25 per cent* should not be taken for granted and if free water, power, bus and train services will be provided to reduce living costs for people someone has to ask who else will pay for it if not the people? :unsure:

What is in it for a middle class guy with a car on finance, a mortgage or a small business is still a good question that needs to be answered.

Maybe some of the outspoken Abhisit and Korn supporters at the board can help us out to answer that.

Edited by samurai

Surprise, surprise.

*15 years of free education* comes with education costs and *free universal healthcare* comes with restrictions. :whistling:

Why call it *free* at all if it isn't free at all?

Politicians - don't take their slogans for given.

uh, because it's free, gratis, not having to pay for it. Not really sure what your point is but I don't think you can blame the politicians for you not understanding what the word means.

Yingluck Aspires to Become First Female Prime Minister of Thailand

If the Nicaraguan citizen belittles her by calling his own sister a clone... and then says in regard to the above...

Thaksin Says Sister May Not Become PM Even If Pheu Thai Wins

how much roughshod is he going to ride over the people who aren't close to him as a blood relative that he presumably cares for ????

Edited by Buchholz

I am not surprised, she is clearly passionate about the people of Thailand. What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister. Yingluck would be welcome in British Politics, we need that kind of openess and feeling and please, great people of Thailand do not perceive this to be a sign of weakness, she is an accomplished business person in her own right and has the backing of an incredible family that goes back generations all working for the good of the people of the Kingdom of Thailand. Those of you who say yes but look what he made for himself, especially those from the UK should be aware that our ex PM, Tony Blair, needs in excess of £5000000 per year just to pay his staff, who says they cant profit out of being PM, Thaksin, if of course the ellegations are true is no different to those politicians in the so called west where honesty is expected.

I am not surprised, she is clearly passionate about the people of Thailand. What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister. Yingluck would be welcome in British Politics, we need that kind of openess and feeling and please, great people of Thailand do not perceive this to be a sign of weakness, she is an accomplished business person in her own right and has the backing of an incredible family that goes back generations all working for the good of the people of the Kingdom of Thailand. Those of you who say yes but look what he made for himself, especially those from the UK should be aware that our ex PM, Tony Blair, needs in excess of £5.000.000 per year just to pay his staff, who says they cant profit out of being PM, Thaksin, if of course the ellegations are true is no different to those politicians in the so called west where honesty is expected.

I'm not sure what the June 26th, 1998 accusation against than PM Tony Blair has to do with 'Ms. Yingluck cries again in Phayao while campaining'.

You forgot the "free iPad's" for all college students.

Hey... I'll re-enroll for that one!

I think the PTP's list so far is:

- give an amnesty to criminals

- wipe out the drug trade in 6 months

- give credit cards to farmers

- give credit cards to taxi drivers

- give money to villages

- increase minimum wages by 50%

- set minimum wages for university graduates

- make everyone rich in 6 months

With all the credit cards and money being handed out, I can see how the last point is achievable.

Of course, businesses having to pay the large increases in salaries won't fare too well, nor will the banks providing the credit cards when the users can't pay them back.

- give money to villages

With all the credit cards and money being handed out, I can see how the last point is achievable.

Of course, businesses having to pay the large increases in salaries won't fare too well, nor will the banks providing the credit cards when the users can't pay them back.

Are you also willing to enroll as 'primary school student' ?

""The government is promoting its broadband policy in an intangible manner, but Pheu Thai will make available the actual tool to access ADSL or high-speed internet," Pheu Thai campaign strategist Pichai Naripthaphan said.

Pichai said that his party, if elected to lead the next government, would expand Wi-Fi coverage to every school and that every primary school student would be given a tablet computer free of charge."

I am not surprised, she is clearly passionate about the people of Thailand. What a wonderful honest approach from a wonderful honest businesswoman and so what if Thaksin returns, the level of investment in Thailand from overseas was never at such a high whilst he was Prime Minister. Yingluck would be welcome in British Politics, we need that kind of openess and feeling and please, great people of Thailand do not perceive this to be a sign of weakness, she is an accomplished business person in her own right and has the backing of an incredible family that goes back generations all working for the good of the people of the Kingdom of Thailand. Those of you who say yes but look what he made for himself, especially those from the UK should be aware that our ex PM, Tony Blair, needs in excess of £5000000 per year just to pay his staff, who says they cant profit out of being PM, Thaksin, if of course the ellegations are true is no different to those politicians in the so called west where honesty is expected.

I think you'll find that she hasn't really done much as a "business person in her own right". She has only worked in Thaksin's companies.

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra serves as Executive President, Acting Chief Executive Officer and Secretary of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Acting President of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since December 1, 2006 and its Acting Senior Vice President of Business Development.

Ms. Shinawatra served as President, Wireless Communication of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. since 2002.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Senior Executive Vice President, Wireless Corporate Planning of Advanced Info Service Public Co., Ltd. from 2001 to 2002.

She served as President of Advanced Info Service Public Co. Ltd. from 2002 to March 1, 2006.

Ms. Shinawatra served as Manager at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1991 to 1994 and as General Manager from 1995 to 1996.

She served as Vice President at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd from 1997 to 1998 and as Executive Vice President, Service Operation at Advanced Info Service PLC from 1999 to 2001.

She has been the Chairman of the Board of OAI Asset Co., Ltd., Up Country Land Co., Ltd. and V.Land Property Co., Ltd. since March 1, 2006.

She serves as an Executive Director of Manchester City F.C. She has been a Director of SC Asset Corporation Public Company Limited since March 1, 2006.

Just because Blair might have done something dodgy doesn't make it right to steal money from the country, does it?

And who will pay for the Ipads?...

why THOSE WHO PAY TAXES of course!

and believe me... it's just more empty campaign promises. There's no way that will ever happen, just as much as Takki's claim that "drug dealers will all cease to sell drugs the moment my plane touches ground at Suvarnabhumi."

And you're buying into this stuff?

Amazing...

- give money to villages

Are you also willing to enroll as 'primary school student' ?

""The government is promoting its broadband policy in an intangible manner, but Pheu Thai will make available the actual tool to access ADSL or high-speed internet," Pheu Thai campaign strategist Pichai Naripthaphan said.

Pichai said that his party, if elected to lead the next government, would expand Wi-Fi coverage to every school and that every primary school student would be given a tablet computer free of charge."

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4388301

Five million is chump change when you review the amount this This family has funneled out of Thailand, still have here and other properties, etc which they have squirreled away. To even compare this man, Thaksin, to politicians in countries where honesty is expected may bring a response from both. One for comparison with a convicted criminal and from the other, for comparing him to such amateurs.

Will she cry when a couple of thousand people are butchered in her "war on drugs"?

the killings mostly by drug-lords to stop smaller sellers to talk and give up their info. pls do a little more research.

HUH? Where is that coming from?

That 1400+ people that were NOT involved in drugs were killed doesn't seem to be in question. That government officials created the lists at Thaksin's direction doesn't seem to be in question either. Help me with this research and tell me where there is factual evidence of what you claim! I am always looking to broaden my horizons :)

Ok, so she shows some emotion. Some will see it as a weakness, while others will see it as pasion. A passion for the people, a passion for the nation. A manifestation of the love that she has for her cause. :whistling:

When Miguel Angel Moratinos lost his job as Spain’s foreign minister he wept openly in public. The European parliament usually has an episode every so often where some member breaks down in tears over something or other. The Speaker of the US House John Boehner cries like this too and he's a cold Republican. Ronald Reagan used to tear up as if on cue when he was near the US flag. Mitt Romney a republican hopeful for the US presidency got all choked up on a news show. Israeli prime ministers have cried,

The only politician that I don't think cries is Vladimr Putin. However, he's a robot so maybe he doesn't count. B)

:cheesy:

There's no crying in baseball!!

:lol: I'll bet very few remember that statement from Tom Hanks..

Had to look it up. "A league of their own", 1992 with Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan saying just that

"Jimmy Dugan: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104694/quotes