Left Valuables In Safe In Laos! Mailing Them Back Through Airline?

TrippRitter

My wife and I were mid-flight from Luangprabang to Chiang Mai when we realized we left 1 credit card, a debit card and diamond earing in our safe back at our hotel in Laos. We contacted the hotel and they confirmed that they had our possessions and would mail them to us in Chiang Mai.I have heard people say that you can sometimes mail items through the airport. Basically have the regular Laos Air flight from LP to CM act as courier. Does anybody know how this works and if it is possible? If so I would like to try and advise the hotel to do this instead of mailing us our items through normal mail service.

Credit cards are not really a problem but the earing may be. WHat about the customs. It may be better for one of you to make a quick trip back.

The earings are valued at around $400 dollars. The round trip ticket to LP along with the re-entry permit would be that much, not too mention the time and hassle. If they get stopped at customs thats fine, as long as they let me pay a tax to get them back I am fine with it. I decided to just have him ship it DHL. Wish me luck :)