Thai Sport Biker Dies

This happened yesterday. He was a member of Khun Somnuk's team. He lost his life somewhere along Thepkasattri Rd while riding sport bike.

This is the second death involving high powered sport bike within last 24 hours on Phuket roads. May he rest in peace.

Condolences to his friends and family. RIP

When you say "team" do you mean racing team?

Is it just me or does Phuket seem like an unusually dangerous place to ride?

Stay safe everyone!

Not racing team Tony, it is a group of Thai guys that ride with well known Phuket sport biker and mechanic, Khun Somnuk. If you recall, once I described him as most daring rider I've ever had a chance to ride with.

According to unconfirmed reports, both of these accidents took place at notorious stretch where 4 of my other rider pals had accidents. Not sure what happen this time but all my friends had an accidents because of small bikes cutting accross the lanes.

• 3 weeks later...

RIP- i hope his family will get help to get through this difficult time...

Riding fast- racing belongs on the track... Not the road... Let us learn from this- bikes are fun- funerals are not!

Quite right Kuhn Snowflake.

I know nothing of the deceased and pray for those grieving in their loss.But I wonder as to the mentality of riding a fast bike on a little island like Phuket or the promenade in Pattaya etc.. What are you guys thinking??

I have an 1100 and a 1200 cc bike in Oz. I have a 400cc bike in N. Thailand, but choose to use my 135 in Thai cities.

Gotta grow up or move out of the gene pool.

Apologies to those who may be offended by my appraisal. Please forgive.

Risks are there, but can be mitigated.

Guess it's better to get shot out of a cannon than squeezed out of a tube.

Still tragic.

I reckon.

Edited by andrew55

Riding fast- racing belongs on the track... Not the road... Let us learn from this- bikes are fun- funerals are not!

I know nothing of the deceased and pray for those grieving in their loss.But I wonder as to the mentality of riding a fast bike on a little island like Phuket or the promenade in Pattaya etc.. What are you guys thinking??

I have an 1100 and a 1200 cc bike in Oz. I have a 400cc bike in N. Thailand, but choose to use my 135 in Thai cities.

Still tragic.

I reckon.

bikes of any size are dangerous, a honda wave can do 100kh, as we are all aware you can reduce the risks by sensible riding but you will never eliminate it, tragic to hear RIP

Still tragic.

I reckon.

bikes of any size are dangerous, a honda wave can do 100kh, as we are all aware you can reduce the risks by sensible riding but you will never eliminate it, tragic to hear RIP

Accepted.