Thaksin Says Sister May Not Become PM Even If Pheu Thai Wins

webfact

this interview was dated 2 weeks prior to the PTP greed to have Yingluk as no 1 on the party list

Thaksin's latest tweet confirmed her as the Prime Minister

Dated today, you don't live in Thailand, do you?

Edited by PoorSucker

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this interview was dated 2 weeks prior to the PTP greed to have Yingluk as no 1 on the party list

Well actually the "exclusive interview" was with Matichon and the Post Today, not The Nation. The Nation has posted that interview today. There appears to be some dispute as to when the interview really took place. If, as alleged, it took place before the nomination of Yingluck as being in the frame for PM that would obviously have some bearing on the posts on this thread i.e nullify most of them.

She is good at administration and she sued to run AIS and run a firm with Bt200 billion worth of assets. But running a firm is different from running a government.

He has finally figured this out! I think he proved it to himself when he was PM and tried to run the country as if it was one of his monopolies.

Edited by sbk
misquote

this news report is very misleading if you read the whole interview

he mentioned that it would happen if only there is an intervention from outside power

Are you reading the same interview as I am?

Yingluck is Pheu Thai's No-1 party-list candidate. So, you have decided to make her the next prime minister?

I am thinking about it. The prime minister does not need to be No-1 party-list candidate. I am thinking about it back and forth. First of all, Thai politicians are bent on destroying rivals. Anyone who becomes the government leader will be destroyed. Both true and untrue stories will be cited to try to destroy the government leader. So, I feel sorry for my sister and she is a woman. She is good at administration and she used to run AIS and run a firm with Bt200 billion worth of assets. But running a firm is different from running a government.

I believe when she becomes the prime minister, she will definitely be destroyed by the Democrat. So, I am worried whether she will be able to tolerate it. … I am confident she can be a very capable prime minister because she has more administration experience more than Abhisit [Vejjajiva, the Democrat leader].

… I am now reviewing as to whether she should become Thailand's first woman prime minister or not.

Where does it say anything about an outside power in relation to him choosing her for PM?

He, (Taksin) is that outside power. He's setting the stage for no "surprises" :lol:

Well actually the "exclusive interview" was with Matichon and the Post Today, not The Nation. The Nation has posted that interview today. There appears to be some dispute as to when the interview really took place. If, as alleged, it took place before the nomination of Yingluck as being in the frame for PM that would obviously have some bearing on the posts on this thread i.e nullify most of them.

Posts here nullified? Who cares! What about all those foreign newspapers who got this story about 'Yingluck choosen as PM candidate (by big brother)'. Don't you feel sorry for THEM ?

Edited by rubl

If his party wins Thaksin will decide who becomes PM. Yes. Everyone knows that.

But it will be a decision by the people of Thailand, because if he can do the trick he does it via election. And not with the help of a coup. Does that tell you something?

Make up your mind. Is it Thaksin who decides, or the Thai people that decide?

The member of the Parliament decide and the head of state endorses a new PM.

For the pedantic:

"The Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Thailand must be a member of the House of Representatives of Thailand.

To be appointed the nominee for the office must have the support of one-fifth of the members of the House of Representatives. Then after a simple-majority vote in the House, a resolution will be passed and submitted to the King of Thailand, who will then make a formal appointment by giving his royal assent to the resolution. This must be done within thirty days of the beginning of the first session of the House of Representatives after an election. If no candidate can be found within this time then it is the duty of the President of the National Assembly of Thailand to submit the name he considers most worthy for the King to formalize.

The nominee and eventual Prime Minister is always the leader of the largest political party in the lower house or the leader of the majority coalition formed after an election."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Thailand

Meanwhile the people will not make the direct decision who become the PM they still have a big influence on the final outcome with electing the members of the House of Representatives.

Meanwhile Thaksin will not make the direct decision who becomes the PM he still can influence the final outcome with suggesting who should be the PTP nominee for the office.

The people know that and have now the choice to vote for PTP or someone else.

She cried at a public appearance again. Maybe that's why she's not Thaksin's first choice.

Still, I suspect it may just be a bit of the old things aren't always the way they seem in Asia and some good old fashioned tactical "misdirection".

Thaksin can say whatever he wants to offset attacks on his little sister, change plans at the last minute just before the election, or wait until the election is won to install her as PM to spare all the PAD and Democrat personal attacks on her.

The PAD and Democrats are going down and they know it.....the only question is if the traitors (coup leaders) in the military are as worried about their crimes that were commuted as much as they/the anti-reds claim they are really just afraid of Thaksin and his side getting their crimes commuted.

Whatever the justification, isn't it funny how everyone has "forgotten" a coup is an act of TREASON !!!!

We shoot people like that in the States. The one in jail now may get life but it's still life.

And look what their little coup did --- crippled the Thai economy, mass chaos, and the masses have definitely suffered. If Thaksin was corrupt, so be it, everyone was doing better. Any naive enough to think the Democrats or PAD are anything but just as corrupt but worst for the nation in since the coup is seriously naive.

I was looking for any facts in your post and am hard-pressed to find any. The coup was not an act of treason. No crimes were commuted. The PAD is a marginalized fringe group that is fighting with its own political wing the NPP about if they will field any candidates at all. The Thai economy is doing very well. There isn't mass chaos. I wouldn't suggest that the Dems themselves are corrupt (though some Dem mp's likely are!)

Have you been to Thailand in the last 5+ years?

Why is Thaksin playing games with the PM slot? My personal thoughts would be that he has promised it to several people and is holding them with that promise until they are no longer eligible to run for MP if they abandon PTP. In other words, Thaksin is probably being treacherous with his own minions :)

The coup didn't hurt the Thai economy alittle thing like a world wide recession hurt it. But back and roaring at present.I have to wonder where this guy got his info.

d)Thaksin, Thaksin, Thaksin!!! Does PTP actually need a PM candidate with a own personality?

Thaksin will decide who is Prime Minister. Not his party, not the people of Thailand. The guy's sheer maniacal egotism and outrageous selfishness just makes me SICK.

Whatever the justification, isn't it funny how everyone has "forgotten" a coup is an act of TREASON !!!!

A society without rule of law must resort to other means. You may not like the coup, but the fact is the soldiers were being given flowers on the street afterwards. Does that tell you something?

If his party wins Thaksin will decide who becomes PM. Yes. Everyone knows that.

But it will be a decision by the people of Thailand, because if he can do the trick he does it via election. And not with the help of a coup. Does that tell you something?

No he'll have done it via vote-buying, village-buying and candidate-buying.

So what? Everybody in Thailand knows it's a puppet election. Yingluck, or whoever will be Puea Thai's next PM, is Thaksin's puppet. Just like Abhisit is someone's puppet. Anyone that can't see that is just plain dumb, excuse my English.

A while ago you said

"Most Thai women are likely to vote for her, just to show their husbands that women have equal rights and can be just as successful as men, while Thai men are likely to vote for her because she's pretty."

I guess now Thai women are really upset with their heroine described as 'puppet', 'clone' and a man dismissing her as possible PM even if he's her brother. So now Thai men will vote for PTP because of showing women their place. What will the women vote? K. Purachai?

hahahaha... good catch by the Dutch uncle. :thumbsup:

It's amazing how much some posters try to spin things one way and then the other, depending on the wind. And it's only really evident with a review of the ol' posting history.

Nicely done, rubl. :)

It adds new meaning to his other post:

Anyone that can't see that is just plain dumb

Edited by Buchholz

We shoot people like that in the States.

You shoot people in the States for all sorts of reasons. Refusing to hand over cash during a robbery, taking someone else's parking space, giving a student a poor grade, not being chosen for a position on the cheerleader squad, and a whole host of other equally serious justifications.

USA doesn't have a coup because it preemptively has separation of power that Thaksin had obliterated.

If "A" doesn't exist, "B" doesn't happen.

So what? Everybody in Thailand knows it's a puppet election. Yingluck, or whoever will be Puea Thai's next PM, is Thaksin's puppet. Just like Abhisit is someone's puppet. Anyone that can't see that is just plain dumb, excuse my English.

A while ago you said

"Most Thai women are likely to vote for her, just to show their husbands that women have equal rights and can be just as successful as men, while Thai men are likely to vote for her because she's pretty."

I guess now Thai women are really upset with their heroine described as 'puppet', 'clone' and a man dismissing her as possible PM even if he's her brother. So now Thai men will vote for PTP because of showing women their place. What will the women vote? K. Purachai?

It's amazing how much some posters try to spin things one way and then the other, depending on the wind. And it's only really evident with a review of the ol' posting history.

That was obviously written with tongue in cheek. :rolleyes:

Can't you see that?

Lets quote Irena ones more.

Anyone that can't see that is just plain dumb, excuse my English.

A while ago you said

That was obviously written with tongue in cheek.

Nothing in that post, member's previous and subsequent posts, nor posts by others surrounding that post at the time would indicate it is as such....

but having been caught out with it... it's a nice attempt at recovery by trying to pass it off as such....

Edited by Buchholz

Here comes the confirmation that the interview is dated

Thaksin confirmed through Twitter yesterday evening that the interview had been given before Yingluck was officially nominated on the party list. He seemed concerned that his ambivalence would be taken out of hand or interpreted as direct political interference. His tweets seemed to signal that there was no way back for her at the moment.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/05/24/national/Absolving-Thaksin-will-put-heat-on-Yingluck-30156055.html

For the pedantic:

<snipped wiki quote>

Meanwhile the people will not make the direct decision who become the PM they still have a big influence on the final outcome with electing the members of the House of Representatives.

Meanwhile Thaksin will not make the direct decision who becomes the PM he still can influence the final outcome with suggesting who should be the PTP nominee for the office.

You would be surprised how many red shirt supporters DON'T know that.

How often do you see "Abhisit shouldn't be PM because he wasn't elected by the people"?

For the pedantic:

<snipped wiki quote>

How often do you see "Abhisit shouldn't be PM because he wasn't elected by the people"?

Perhaps the whole Thai election system needs to be reformed? I heard the Democrats talk about that a few months ago, that the PM should be elected by the popular vote, instead of the MP's electing the PM. It works well in most countries around the world, why not in Thailand? It would surely kill the argument that the majority didn't get their voices heard But I guess they dropped that idea after they found out that the majority of Thais don't support the Democrats.

More bad reporting from ThaiVisa. Are they getting paid by the Democrats?

TV don't "report" the news. They put the news articles up for discussion as they are reported in various news outlets. And there is nothing in the news articles that they posted that indicates when the interview took place.

For the pedantic:

<snipped wiki quote>

So they are dumb people. What you suggest. Catch and neuter them and strip of their voting rights?

TV don't "report" the news. They put the news articles up for discussion as they are reported in various news outlets. And there is nothing in the news articles that they posted that indicates when the interview took place.

Maybe ThaiVisa should check their sources more carefully, or at least verify the story before sending it to tens of thousands of people through the newsletter or posting it here, causing confusion. People discussed this issue over 5 pages for what? Nothing, because it's an old story.

Perhaps the whole Thai election system needs to be reformed? I heard the Democrats talk about that a few months ago, that the PM should be elected by the popular vote, instead of the MP's electing the PM. It works well in most countries around the world, why not in Thailand? It would surely kill the argument that the majority didn't get their voices heard But I guess they dropped that idea after they found out that the majority of Thais don't support the Democrats.

I think you mis-heard. There was talk about election reform, even some changes. But the Democrats wouldn't have suggested that the PM should be elected by popular vote.

The Thai election system (the Westminster system) works well in many countries. The only problem here is that a lot of people don't understand the system.

Do you think the US president gets elected by popular vote? Wrong!

The idea of the Westminster system is that each electorate gets to elect an MP to represent them in parliament. That way everyone gets a say, even if the MP they elect doesn't make it into the government. As an opposition MP, they still get to have their say in parliament.

Even countries that do have popularly elected leaders have Westminster type systems to vote on law changes.

Maybe ThaiVisa should check their sources more carefully, or at least verify the story before sending it to tens of thousands of people through the newsletter or posting it here, causing confusion. People discussed this issue over 5 pages for what? Nothing, because it's an old story.

Maybe posters shouldn't believe everything they read and get news from multiple sources, or do some research and find quoted material.

So they are dumb people. What you suggest. Catch and neuter them and strip of their voting rights?

I didn't suggest that. They've just never bothered to find out how the system works and just listen to "But he wasn't elected by the people" propaganda.

Maybe posters shouldn't believe everything they read and get news from multiple sources, or do some research and find quoted material.

Then why in fact is this forum called Thailand NEWS?

Old story or not.

In today's Bangkok Post there is an article on Yingluck where she says "I can make any decision by myself and he (Thaksin) has not given any orders". "However, I am open to Thaksin's or anyone's good ideas which benefit the people and the country".

Uhm... so maybe she will make the less important decisions and her brother will give her political suggestions which she will then "decide" and implement.

I didn't suggest that. They've just never bothered to find out how the system works and just listen to "But he wasn't elected by the people" propaganda.

And? What is your point?

Then why in fact is this forum called Thailand NEWS?

Ummmm .... because it's NEWS about THAILAND.

Yesterday, the Nation reported on a Matichon interview with Thaksin. TV posted that news article as they post other Nation news articles, or AFP news articles, or various other sources news articles. News articles related to Thailand.

The Nation didn't indicate the date of the Matichon interview. Maybe someone (who can read Thai) can find the interview on Matichon and find out when they say they interview took place.

All we have (in English) so far is Thaksin tweeting that the interview took place before Yingluck was "appointed".