Taxi From Bkk To Nong Bua Lamphu

DrChopper

Hi All,

I am flying in and heading straight up to Isaan, but because of the flight timings I would be hanging around for about 8 hours to fly up to Udon.

Can anyone help me with drive time cost if I get a taxi to Nong bua lamphu?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

5000-6000 Bath I think, all taximeter have fixedprice info in the car , if you go to Khao San Road you can take a minvan to Udon I think it is 1500B, not sure.You can also rent a car on the airport whit driver 1500 Bath a day and you pay fuel. Drive time 5-7 hours.ca 550 km

Edited by EirikJohannesen

I have done similar a couple of times, and can recommend it. Especially if your origin and destination is away from airports, and the economy of course gets better if more people are traveling together.

For the next time we have ordered a VIP Mini Van (private of course) from Downtown Bangkok to Kalasin, which actually is a bit longer route (600 km). VIP should mean bigger seats. Price including all: 7.000 baht. I would guess cheaper, if a normal car like Toyota Camry was chosen. The company calculate with 1 hours of driving equals 100 km and add stops to that.

I have done similar a couple of times, and can recommend it. Especially if your origin and destination is away from airports, and the economy of course gets better if more people are traveling together.

For the next time we have ordered a VIP Mini Van (private of course) from Downtown Bangkok to Kalasin, which actually is a bit longer route (600 km). VIP should mean bigger seats. Price including all: 7.000 baht. I would guess cheaper, if a normal car like Toyota Camry was chosen. The company calculate with 1 hours of driving equals 100 km and add stops to that.

Two years ago I had a taxi-driver take my girlfriend from Suvarnabhumi to Petchabun for 3500B.

No wonder the rented mini vans are the real menaces on Thai roads. 100 kmh average speed? Meaning they need to keep at least 130 kmh to average 100 considering other vehicles, road conditions, road works, towns and villages etc. And braindead drivers most of them. Good luck to you.

Two years ago I had a taxi-driver take my girlfriend from Suvarnabhumi to Petchabun for 3500B.

No wonder the rented mini vans are the real menaces on Thai roads. 100 kmh average speed? Meaning they need to keep at least 130 kmh to average 100 considering other vehicles, road conditions, road works, towns and villages etc. And braindead drivers most of them. Good luck to you.

Thank you very much. :)

We have been doing the trip a couple of times, and I must say that the road conditions actually are quite good. Leaving Bangkok in the morning is the right time considering traffic jam. And most of the trip is done on 2-3 lane highway with separated directions. Hence a speed of 100-130 km/h most of the way seems to be no problem to me.

And normally we do the trip in 7-8 hours including stops og lunch. And we have had no reasons to worry.

But thanks again! :)

Edited by kalasin

Thank you very much. :)

We have been doing the trip a couple of times, and I must say that the road conditions actually are quite good. Leaving Bangkok in the morning is the right time considering traffic jam. And most of the trip is done on 2-3 lane highway with separated directions. Hence a speed of 100-130 km/h most of the way seems to be no problem to me.

And normally we do the trip in 7-8 hours including stops og lunch. And we have had no reasons to worry.

But thanks again! :)

Just remembered that the real menaces on Thai roads by far are the intercity buses. The really goes fast and are only overtaken by other intercity buses. :)

Maximum speed limit in Thailand is 90km unless otherwise indicated. So far, I've never seen road sign outside of BKK that allows one to exceed 90 km.

Edited by sinbin

Maximum speed limit in Thailand is 90km unless otherwise indicated. So far, I've never seen road sign outside of BKK that allows one to exceed 90 km.

:)

I can add, that I have never understood the meaning of stripes separating the lanes in Thailand. :)

:)

I can add, that I have never understood the meaning of stripes separating the lanes in Thailand. :)

Waste of paint :lol: The only reason they are there is becuse Thais like color :lol:

• 2 months later...

Just an update:

Trip completed in Toyota VIP Minivan in 9 hours 30 minutes. With 2,5 hours of stops give 7 hours of driving. Out of Bangkok centre was slowly this time - maybe 45 minutes.

My parants just completed trip from Kalasin to Hua Hin in 9 hours and 30 minutes with one eating break and a few others in a BMW3.

:D