Where To Find A Job (Thai)

DavidOxon

Hi

My wife is looking for a job, office/travel industry type of stuff.

She's been looking online, but I was wondering where else she could look.

Are there any job agency places etc in Chiang Mai? Where do Thai's find work?

Thanks

David

Local Chiang Mai newspapers. And some Thai jobs sites, though I couldn't tell you which currently are the best ones.

And it helps if she just walks in at companies in the industry that has her interest. Do some research on a company and walk in. And finally good old word of mouth of course.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Long ago I know that my wife mentioned some sort of employment information board located at the government center. However I do not know if it would list the type of employment you mentioned that would be of interest to your wife.

Local Chiang Mai newspapers. And some Thai jobs sites, though I couldn't tell you which currently are the best ones.

And it helps if she just walks in at companies in the industry that has her interest. Do some research on a company and walk in. And finally good old word of mouth of course.

All excellent points.

I would add, ninety nine % of Thai companies don't share any information whatever with receptionists / telephone operators, so if you walk in and say "I'm looking for a job, or any jobs available here?", the answer will automatically be "No jobs available", when in fact it could be that the company is in the process of recruiting, and again there is 99% chance that the receptionist / telephone operator will not check.

So do the extra research / detective work and find the name of a manager etc., and somehow get his / her mobile number and call direct to that person.

This is the website of employment office in Chiang Mai but have to log in first. http://cmemployment.org/job/login1.asp

other websites (.com) : jobnorththailand, cmprice, job-chiangmai, job.cm108, cmjobscity, cm2job, 500job, taradjob, job.siamhrm, etc.

All good points.

In regard to the commercial websites, please be aware that the information is often very old and out of date and there is often no process whatever to keep them up to date (not every commercial site, but true of many).

There are numerous 'headhunter' agencies in Thailand and many operate down to basic clerical / secretarial work, etc., and often industry specifc, e.g. travel industry. Not just senior positions.

These agencies actually search for people when the employer provides a specific profile of the knowledge, skills, past working experience etc etc., for the position they are trying to fill. Plus these agencies normally have a good selection of people who have made contact with the agency. Most agencies actually interview these people and reject anybody who does not match their CV, seems to have lack of communicate skills etc. And these agencies tend to have quite up to date data.

Many employers use these agencies (there is of course a cost to the employer, usually 1 to 1.5 months salary after a salary has been agreed, an employment contract has been signed, and the new employee has started work).

Employers like this approach because they usually get a good selection of candidates to interview, plus usually a guarantee - if the candidate does not pass probation, they the employer gets either a refund of the fee to the agency, or more usually they get more candidates at no further fees.

Perhaps your wife might like to:

- Search out these agencies and record her name, or

- Record her name and indicate that she is willing to pay the commission to the job search agency to put her in touch with prospective employers.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard

There are numerous 'headhunter' agencies in Thailand and many operate down to basic clerical / secretarial work, etc., and often industry specifc, e.g. travel industry. Not just senior positions.

These agencies actually search for people when the employer provides a specific profile of the knowledge, skills, past working experience etc etc., for the position they are trying to fill. Plus these agencies normally have a good selection of people who have made contact with the agency. Most agencies actually interview these people and reject anybody who does not match their CV, seems to have lack of communicate skills etc. And these agencies tend to have quite up to date data.

Many employers use these agencies (there is of course a cost to the employer, usually 1 to 1.5 months salary after a salary has been agreed, an employment contract has been signed, and the new employee has started work).

Employers like this approach because they usually get a good selection of candidates to interview, plus usually a guarantee - if the candidate does not pass probation, they the employer gets either a refund of the fee to the agency, or more usually they get more candidates at no further fees.

- Record her name and indicate that she is willing to pay the commission to the job search agency to put her in touch with prospective employers.

Good luck.

Ok. thanks for that! Any names or numbers or addresses or website details available?

thanks

David

Long ago I know that my wife mentioned some sort of employment information board located at the government center. However I do not know if it would list the type of employment you mentioned that would be of interest to your wife.

I once gave a friend a lift to both Amphur Mueang (near 3 Kings) and City Hall (Mae Rim) who was looking for a job. They had some type of employment office or service there. I think she was tested and interviewed at the place at Mae Rim. She was successful in finding a good paying job through one of those government offices.

Good luck.

Ok. thanks for that! Any names or numbers or addresses or website details available?

thanks

David

I can't quickly find names on a google serach, but can I encourage you to keep searching.

I am aware of one such agency which has it's HO in Bangkok, but I believe they have contacts nation wide, as follows:

Girl Friday Ltd. - Bangkok

Contact: Khun Sunantha Tharaparitkul Girl Friday Ltd. Part. Soi Suksawitthaya (Silom 9), North...

Good luck.

I once gave a friend a lift to both Amphur Mueang (near 3 Kings) and City Hall (Mae Rim) who was looking for a job. They had some type of employment office or service there. I think she was tested and interviewed at the place at Mae Rim. She was successful in finding a good paying job through one of those government offices.

Yes, it was at City Hall Mae Rim. There is a long list of varying positions listed by employers.