Where Is Immigration At Suvarnabhumi?

Yes, I know, seems like a really dumb question (particularly from someone who uses the airport at least once a month) :)

But a colleague just arrived from the UK with his shiny new B visa from Hull, you guessed it, he got a 30 day stamp.

So, since the airport is much more accessible than Chaeng Wattana, can anyone point us in the right direction for the immigration office where he can get it fixed?

Cheers Beano / Lop, I was pretty sure the office closed a while back. But there have been relatively recent postings of people being sent to the airport to get stamps fixed (not from Chaeng Wattana mind) so I thought clarification was in order.

Mega trip it is then :(

Don't suppose Suan Plu will do it on a Saturday :(

Won't help him now, but for the next entry:

The problem, most likely, was because he forgot to write his visa number on the entry form. (check his passport). If it's not there, the immigration official won't bother checking all his passport pages for the eventuality of a visa being present, and just gave him the 30 day stamp.

• 7 months later...

I have just been to Jomtien immigration office with a nice new UK passport, replacing my stolen one. I had hoped for some stamp to allow me to leave next week within the 90 days I previously entered on my now lost passport with Non-O. However, as they have no record of me in Jomtien the officer told me just to go to the airport and sort it out in departure. So the question is, is there in fact an office or desk that I can do this at (at the airport), or do I simply line up after check in and present the facts to the officer on departure?

Strange that they have no record, and I'm not sure you can do it at the airport in case of a lost/stolen passport. My advise would be to go to immigration at Chaeng Wattana Road and try to sort it out there.

You will need a police report of the stolen passport and a letter from your embassy and copy the relevant pages of your new passport.

If they can't help you, you will indeed just have to line up at the immigraiton departure desks and they will send you to another officer. But check-in at the airline as early as possible, you might need the extra time to deal with immigration.

Won't help him now, but for the next entry:

The problem, most likely, was because he forgot to write his visa number on the entry form. (check his passport). If it's not there, the immigration official won't bother checking all his passport pages for the eventuality of a visa being present, and just gave him the 30 day stamp.

This is a very good point about making sure the visa number is inserted on the TM6.

After reading several stories on here I now IMMEDIATELY check the date on my stamp when I have passed through immigration. As Crossy as shown, it is far more difficult to correct once you have left the area.