13 Year Old Boy Accused Of Sexual Assault And Murder Of 9 Year Old Girl In Sattahip

Rimmer

13 year old boy accused of sexual assault and murder of 9 year old girl in Sattahip

SATTAHIP: -- 13 year old boy has been accused of sexually assaulting and then killing a 9 year old girl whose body was left in a remote area. Four days prior to the discovery of the body, the 9 year old girl had gone missing from her family home in Sattahip on Sunday but her mother only reported her missing on Wednesday. Sattahip Police investigated the disappearance and soon realized she was last seen with a 13 year old boy who was located and claimed a construction worker had taken the girl, at knife point, to an area of wasteland.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-05-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I agree it is a sad indictment of the way many young thais are cared for - the boy too may have had little guidance about right and wrong and it is not uncommon for children in crowded homes to have witnessed sexual, and often abusive behaviour from a young age. Many older Thai men do not always treat their wives well It is tragic that this young girls life has been extinguished before it began and that the boy has ruined his own life as well as that of the girls relatives.

Of course parents and society around the world close their eyes to the notion that 12 and 13 year olds frequently have strong sexual desires and as a consequence avoid the task of helping the young people to understand and deal with these feelings. They prefer to close their eyes and keep them as children for as long as they can. It is also quite wrong to blame all this on the openness of films and advertising - I grew up in the 50's and had fairly strong sexual urges even before I hit puberty - and this was without any external influence or sex education whatsoever.

Some incidents like this will happen no matter what you do to try and prevent them but I am convinced that many would be avoided if we came to terms with the fact that children and young people do not suddenly mature at a particular age

Despite what is said my heart still goes out to the families who were probably only following the example of their own experience - we should not be too quick to condemn parents, rather help them to understand why what has been acceptable in the past is no longer so today - children usually learn by example

Here is a quote, a very sad quote on the life of the little girl. "the 9 year old girl had gone missing from her family home in Sattahip on Sunday but her mother only reported her missing on Wednesday."

TheWalkingMan