Hardskins On Ur Foot

gravion

hiya, how do people treat hardskins on their feet? i tried using pummels, nail clipper to cut those hard skins, not sure about moisturisers as it wont get pass the layers of hard skins.

most of the time im wearing sandals and i do some kicking sports, so my toes and edges got these hard skinnnz...i read somewhere that shaving them off with nail clippers aint good, cause some how skin feels the necessity to grow hard skins on those areas....

hardskins are grown to protect the skins right, but it's getting ugly as

I think you have answered your own question. cause some how skin feels the necessity to grow hard skins on those areas....

hardskins are grown to protect the skins

So, don't leave your tv sofa. Just sit tight. ;)

I had hard skin, it cracked causing a break in the skin and lead to an infection called Cellulitis, I was sightseeing in Khon Kaen, when I felt feverish, sick and I became really ill, I was in the Bangkok Hospital for 2 weeks, my Doctor recommends that I use a product called 'Heel Balm' this softens the skin, it then makes it easier for podiatrists to keep your feet in shape especially in the hot tropical climate of Thailand where it is easier for bacteria to breed and spread in untreated cuts or abrasions.B)

There are plenty of foot creams available at local drugstores. They typically contain a mixture of salicylic acid and urea which eats away at the dead skin and moisturisers. In my experience very effective.

Also good is the foot file from Body Shop - a piece of sandpaper attached to a wooden paddle. I'm not sure if it's available in Body Shop in Thailand - I got mine in the UK.

If thine foot offends thee, cut it off.

Or put a sock on it. You could perhaps take this as general advice, rather than specific to this thread.

Moonraker: Thank you very much indeed; very much appreciated.

SC

I use a piece of #4 sandpaper from HomePro and follow up with the wet n dry black stuff.

I tried the angle grinder once but that was just silly really.

Then rub moisturiser in and she'll be good as a babies bum in a week or 2.

I use a piece of #4 sandpaper from HomePro and follow up with the wet n dry black stuff.

You could use Naam's toe-trimmer, unless you've been gargling brasso

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4449220

SC

On a more serious note, if you go to a fish spa, ask specifically for

Pygocentrus brandtii

I'm afraid I don't know the colloquial name, but they should offer you a choice of fish... its distinguishable by its golden colouration

SC

Pygocentrus brandtii

I'm afraid I don't know the colloquial name, but they should offer you a choice of fish... its distinguishable by its golden colouration

The thing that worked best for my feet was a fish spa in KL. The ones I have seen in Thailand are not as good because all the fish seem to be of similar size (small). The one I tried in KL left my hardened soles as soft as a baby's bum...they put my feet in the tank with larger fish (for men, so said the assistant). I think all the fish were of the same species, excpet they are sorted by size, the bigger ones tend to do feed better because they have more or larger teeth and it felt like someone scrubbing my soles!

I once sent a pleasant interlude on the beach at Jomtien with a hawker type giving me a pedicure. After attending to my toenails - as if I care what they look like - she then whipped out a kind of safety razor and layer by layer removed all the hard skin on the bottom of my feet. Afterwards it felt as is I was walking on air. Set me back 300 baht I think but the whole process took an hour. When my wife went for a paddle she offered rather more personal services later that evening. Like every good News of the World reporter I made my excuses - and she left.

Some beauty shops have this chemical that you dip the heel of your foot in for about 15-20 minutes. Then they take a fresh razor blade and put it in this device and scrape the heels of your feet. All the dead skin comes right off. Works wonders.

Take a few regular trips to one of those fish spas. Those little critters will nibble off all the old dead skin. If the skin is really rough it will take them a while, but they will get it done. I had rough dead skin between and on top of my toes and around the edges and the fish nibbled it all off in half an hour. It left my skin silky smooth afterwards.

Or, take a trip to Erawan waterfalls in Kanchanaburi and let the fish in that stream do it naturally.

Nibbling_fish_1.jpg

When on holiday in Edinburgh, Scotland. I passed by one of those fish spas - I was disgusted.

I'd rather put my feet in sulphuric acid...

Don't knock it until you try it, Patsy. It feels like thousands of very light electrical shocks, and it actually DOES get rid of old skin. I couldn't believe how soft my normally rough skin felt afterwards. But, if you ALREADY have soft, delicate skin then it probably wouldn't do anything for you.

We had a fish job today......missus screamed when she stuck her feet in.........dam_n ticklish but really enjoyed it....did a good job on my footsies.

Dude -- men don't take care of their feet.

Men pick their feet. Men chew their toe nails. Men take pride in smelly socks.

We had a fish job today......missus screamed when she stuck her feet in.........dam_n ticklish but really enjoyed it....did a good job on my footsies.

:lol: :lol:

You forgot to add the "REAL" men part. Wadahyahmean I need a bath. I had one last month. :D

Apparently real men filter the broken glass out of their whisky through their smelly socks.

Do you think that the tiny fragments of broken glass would harden your feet, or grind away the hard bits?

SC

SC

Pygocentrus brandtii

My travelling companion decided to wax his(or is it her :blink: ) <deleted> for extra aerodynamics or whatever....anyway one of the hair follicles got infected and had a big bum abscess.

I'm wondering if the Pygocentrus might be an aid to healing?

In any case it would make a great pic to show his grandkids........

SC

Pygocentrus brandtii

My travelling companion decided to wax his(or is it her :blink: ) <deleted> for extra aerodynamics or whatever....anyway one of the hair follicles got infected and had a big bum abscess.

I'm wondering if the Pygocentrus might be an aid to healing?

In any case it would make a great pic to show his grandkids........

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll stick to waxing the car.

And maybe waxing eloquent, if I pass by the Royal Oak, though I am intending to avoid such waxing until the moon waxes again, at the earliest.

SC

EDIT: I'd look daft, taking a Bic to the motor... it would take forever; think how much Gilette Foamy it would use...

Edited by StreetCowboy

My travelling companion decided to wax his <deleted> for extra aerodynamics or whatever....

I like the sound of that. Maybe tomorrow I too will wax my <deleted>.

I'm not sure what the actual aerodynamic benefits will be, but I think it'll be fun to tell all the girls at Nana Plaza that I have aerodynamic <deleted>.

I bet they'll love me!