Honda Cbr 150

I wonder if anyone can help? I notice that the previous owner of my bike had a Bridgestone 2.75 rear tyre and a 2.50 front fitted to my 2002 model bike, they don't inspire much confidence in a long bend, but as they are almost new I want to keep them for the time being. Does anyone know the correct pressures for these tyres? The Bridgestone web site doesn't say a thing.

No other replies yet, so I'll share my "rule of thumb" practice that I use on my Yamaha Nuevo... and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work perfectly for you too...

Front tire: 28 psi

Back Tire: 38 psi

I think this is a good compromise between comfort and safety, although I see on www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/What-is-the-Right-Tire-Pressure that they recommend 32 psi front and 35 psi rear.

My thinking on this... minimize the shock to my body at all the awful bumps and potholes here, with the slightly softer front tire... and be prepared for one or two occasional passenger(s) you may end up giving a lift to... with the fully inflated rear tire...

There IS something rather odd about mc tires here in Thailand (as opposed to the states, anyway...!) in that they constantly seem to loose air pressure! I don't know WHY this is, but suspect that the inner tubes used here are of inferior quality (you think? 555) and that they just constantly bleed air... so strange!!

In any case, best to really check the tire pressure every 2 or three weeks, and don't be too surprised when you see they've lost 10 pounds of pressure!

Take care, and safe riding! ph34r.gif

Pawpcorn

• 4 weeks later...

No other replies yet, so I'll share my "rule of thumb" practice that I use on my Yamaha Nuevo... and I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work perfectly for you too...

Front tire: 28 psi

Back Tire: 38 psi

I think this is a good compromise between comfort and safety, although I see on www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/What-is-the-Right-Tire-Pressure that they recommend 32 psi front and 35 psi rear.

My thinking on this... minimize the shock to my body at all the awful bumps and potholes here, with the slightly softer front tire... and be prepared for one or two occasional passenger(s) you may end up giving a lift to... with the fully inflated rear tire...

There IS something rather odd about mc tires here in Thailand (as opposed to the states, anyway...!) in that they constantly seem to loose air pressure! I don't know WHY this is, but suspect that the inner tubes used here are of inferior quality (you think? 555) and that they just constantly bleed air... so strange!!

In any case, best to really check the tire pressure every 2 or three weeks, and don't be too surprised when you see they've lost 10 pounds of pressure!

Take care, and safe riding! ph34r.gif

Pawpcorn

Thanks for your ideas. The only reply Boo Hoo. I tend to check my pressures every 2-3 days being as I am O.C.D...