Plasterers In Thailand ?

SuperGers

I was trying to explain to my builder yesterday that i wasn't happy with the finish of the internal walls at the house i'm having built - you know that "orange peel" appearance ? Tried to ask him if he knew someone who could skim the walls with plaster for a far smoother finish but i don't think i got through. Anyone know if there are plasterers in Thailand and the Thai name for them ? Many thanks

Hmm - you may want to reconsider your builder. Plastering is at least one thing most Thai labor does pretty well - although they tend to put MORE instead of enough (and usually ends up with settling cracks). But, if you have a squirrly surface - it would seem somebody thought that was a good idea. (?)

BTW: "Plaster" in Thai is just that: like "plaSTUR".

Edit: are the walls going to be tiled or covered in some way? That might explain the surface at this point.

Edited by bankruatsteve

I had my walls covered with a very thin layer of plaster,or gypsum as some may call it, by the painters.Took only a few hours for a 8 x 6 x 5 meter high room and now the walls are very smooth.They tend to sand it after it is dry to take out all imperfections.

Thanks for your replies guys. Yes it was the builder being "deliberately obtuse" and trying to save himself a job. :realangry:

Builders usually don't plaster the walls when building a house,

Usually the painters will skim it with Gypsum before painting or the

guys that fit the gypsum ceilings always have a member in their team that finishes

the joints, he would be more than capable in skimming the walls too.