Car In The Moat

mickscottatlanta

sorry but do not know CM, but if a corner then obviously someone was going a bit too fast and lost control, but why are no doors open, as the occupants must have got out, did they close the doors behind them....

Location please ? I saw one in the moat just last night, could've been this one but I remember it being darker.... but like I said it was night. It was opp Wat Lok Molee or so on the north side of the moat, and before Chang Puak Gate.

I'd bet it was somebody going fast too, or maybe evasive maneuvers in order to avoid some other crazy action by another and.... avoid an accident.

Well, Sherlock, they're in the process of towing it out in that picture so presumably they closed the door(s) before doing that?!

As to how it got there there is a million possibilities. Most likely the driver made a mistake. Whoops!!

Location please ? I saw one in the moat just last night, could've been this one but I remember it being darker.... but like I said it was night. It was opp Wat Lok Molee or so on the north side of the moat, and before Chang Puak Gate.

I'd bet it was somebody going fast too, or maybe evasive maneuvers in order to avoid some other crazy action by another and.... avoid an accident.

That's the place.

sorry but do not know CM, but if a corner then obviously someone was going a bit too fast and lost control,

Except that all the corners around the moat have really really big ancient defence walls; you don't just skid over those and into the water. ;)

is-it-safe-to-travel-to-chiang-mai-now-21285308.jpg

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

sorry but do not know CM, but if a corner then obviously someone was going a bit too fast and lost control,

Except that all the corners around the moat have really really big ancient defence walls; you don't just skid over those and into the water. ;)

Not a big wall around that Moat!!!

Captain Alcohol can do amazing things....

Captain Alcohol can do amazing things....

Thais no need alcohol for that. :lol:

Saw this car last night. I passed around midnight. Both doors as well as the trunk were open then. When I passed by again today (between 14.30 and 15.00) there were two tow trucks who had just finished the job of lifting it out. No real damage (dents or otherwise) to the car so I do not think it was hit by something. Although I could only see back, front and the right-hand side of the car. Remains a mystery. Those who can read Thai might be able to find out in local newspaper.

The photo indicates two devices working in the recovery operation . One lifting and one pulling . The truck in the photo doesn't appear to have any outriggers and could have ended up in the drink . Thank you Sherlock.

There is a runaway on the loose I deduce.

Saw this car last night. I passed around midnight. Both doors as well as the trunk were open then. When I passed by again today (between 14.30 and 15.00) there were two tow trucks who had just finished the job of lifting it out. No real damage (dents or otherwise) to the car so I do not think it was hit by something. Although I could only see back, front and the right-hand side of the car. Remains a mystery. Those who can read Thai might be able to find out in local newspaper.

Odd.. When I saw it last night, a little after 1AM, all the doors and the trunk were closed. No people around or anything. Just kinda parked there in the water.

-Mestizo

Odd.. When I saw it last night, a little after 1AM, all the doors and the trunk were closed. No people around or anything. Just kinda parked there in the water.

Why odd? Maybe someone checked the car or secured personal belongings. When I passed by two Thai men were hanging around.

Why odd? Maybe someone checked the car or secured personal belongings. When I passed by two Thai men were hanging around.

Odd they that someone would care enough to jump in and close the doors. But were perfectly ok with leaving the car sit there all night and not having it pulled out until later the next afternoon.

-Mestizo

Maybe a driving lesson gone wrong,emergency stop (maybe Lady driver ohhhhhh

Odd they that someone would care enough to jump in and close the doors. But were perfectly ok with leaving the car sit there all night and not having it pulled out until later the next afternoon.

-Mestizo

Maybe a driving lesson gone wrong,emergency stop (maybe Lady driver ohhhhhh

-Mestizo

I think one could easily reach for the doors without having to go in the water. And maybe midnight was not the best time to order two tow trucks.

Thats not the first one I have seen in the moat.......I recall saying to myself "how the hell did that happen"!!?.....mmm blink.gif

That was my thought the first time I saw one in the moat opposite Ba Ba Bo Bo how did they get over the high kerb through the trees and end up perfectly parked in the moat

I arrived minutes after the 'stunt' to find the 2 occupants had managed to get out Ok, the roof of the pick up truck was visible under about 6 inch of water.