• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Kasikorn Atm Card

For all of you ATM afficionados out there...

My Kasikorn home branch is located in Bangkok. I need to make a quick withdrawl at Suvanabumi so the first ATM happened to be SCB and my withdrawl was fee free :D

Later, I made a test withdrawl (again using my Kasikorn card) from a Krung Thai ATM in Udon and I was charged a 22 baht fee.

So, I'm wondering if my first withdrawl in Bangkok using another bank's ATM was fee free because of:

1. SCB has a generous no fee policy for another bank's ATM cards, OR

2. Using another banks ATM within the same "service area" is fee free, the same as if I had used a Kasikorn ATM within my home branch are :)

First one is free the second one you pay for.

I use the ATM outside my condo as too lazy to go for a little walk, the first time I noticed no fee the second time a fee, my wife says if you use it 2 times you get charged, but question is how does the first bank get any money?

Edited by beano2274

I experienced similar when using my Bangkok Bank debit card in other Thai bank ATMs. In K-Bank ATMs I'm not charged an approx 20 baht fee; in SCB ATMs I was charged the fee. And I remember using another Thai bank ATM (not K-bank or SCB) and was not charged a fee. Seems it's varies from Thai bank to Thai bank as to whether they charge a fee in using their ATM when using another bank's ATM/debit card.

Kasikorn and their charges - we moved provinces - only 200km but 'over the border'- and went into the local K bank to update addresses, thinking this was the right thing to do.

No - we were asked to open new accounts and close the existing ones, and pay 500b each for new ATM cards; the alternative is a bank fee of 20b per deposit, and 15b per withdrawal.

Bizarre that they charge more for putting money in than taking out.

Up to four such (withdrawal) transactions in same area are free of charge each month using ATM Pool system which most Thai banks belong.

Thanks, I suspected that it was related to to the withdrawl being made in the same service area :D