Thai Students Brawl On Bus Injuring 5

webfact

Student bus brawl injures five

By Theerapol Khumsuk

The Nation

30156434-01.jpg

Four technology college students and one bystander were slightly injured in a student brawl on a bus on Bangna-Trat Road in Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district yesterday.

After receiving a report that vocational students threw rocks at the bus and got onboard to hurt passengers, Rachathewa police went to inspect the vehicle, which was parked in front of Piyamin Hospital.

The No 132 bus's four left-hand windows were broken and a large rock was found on a passenger seat surrounded by shards of glass.

Bus driver Niran Sitthikhong, 35, told police that his bus left Bang Phli at 7am and picked up a lot of passengers including about 10 students from Bangkok Technology School, who sat on the back seats.

When the vehicle reached the bus stop in front of the Homepro Lotus mall in Bang Phli, around 50 students from Kanchanapisek Technology School in Samut Prakan suddenly surrounded the bus.

Some were armed and boarded to attack the Bangkok Technology School students, while others threw rocks and bottles at the bus, Niran said.

Niran then heard the sound of two gunshots. He tried to speed away but had difficulty as other passengers crowded the front section's seats and some sat on the steering wheel.

Ten minutes later he was able to move off. On the bus he found four injured students aged 16-18 and a hurt bystander identified as Wongsak Srinam-om, 42, who had been hit on the head by a rock. He took them to Piyamin Hospital and alerted police.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-28

And these students are the future of the nation. Makes you proud to be Thai

Ha Ha 5555 makes a change this does, normally it would be grenades knives, or guns. Is there a HIT list of colleges the police have, may as well do it all in one.(ref-to the shoot to kill topic). Cannot these schools,colleges, uni known for violence be closed, to teach them a lessen. Again it comes down to UPBRINGING. nothing more than that. But showing a Thai how not to bring up kids is a no no. But who is to do it ???????

How come we are always hearing stuff from the minister for culture about problems with kids playing video games and smoking etc and yet very rarely seem to hear stuff about these huge battles between tech college students that not only seem to be happening with increasing frequency but also seem to be getting more and more violent?? Surely you would expect something of this magnitude to be a national agenda.

Gang culture, I am afraid is everywhere. In the Uk, school kids are killing school kids. Knives, or a broken bottle. I believe being a favourite weapon.

jb1

utter nonsense, do you have links for figures for this?

as an ex uk policeman I can say that in general fights between schools would be weaponless, and if weapons were carried they would be knives and not broken bottles, they are the weapon of choice for bar brawls as they are at hand. Fight between youths of school age are normally not based on which school they attend, they tend to be based on other fueds and knives will be the weapon of choice for the less educated, while others will resort to no weapons.

On another note if you want to just choose my country to slag off I will respond with Columbine as an example of bad schooling, however I guess you are British yourself based on your spelling,

Holy Crap! Its a technological school and all they can come up with is rocks and sticks? Even at an early age McGiver could have taken care of this business all by his lonesome. Hard work and determination tech students! As i can see the early bird has gotten the worm. Seven in the morning bright and early for class. Outstanding!jap.gif