Price Of The Non-Immigrant O Visa In Dubai Thai Consulate General

Debothai, Please excuse me for jumping into this discussion. I am particularly interested in the process, timeline, and attitudes that you will experience in Dubai. I had thought of doing the same thing but heard Dubai was not friendly . There may be others who are also thinking the same.

I have never tried dubai consulate for doing visas, because i always go short term to thailand, but now I plan to move there...I think it will be as our american friends say 'pure vanilla'...

I personally know one consulate employee, and she told me that it is straight forward, about 500 dirhams...Anyway, I will go tomorrow and I will post my experience on the forum....

yes around 5000 baht....that is correct...that is 610 dirhams.

Would I be able to obtain a work permit if i have this visa? I am in talks with a company for possible work in Thailand.

Yes my wife is thai and resides in Bangkok now. We are expecting our child in June/July, I may also be successful in getting a job in Thailand and I was wondering if the work permit would be feasible with my O -type visa. However my prospective employer has promised to do all arrangements regarding the w.p.

Yes my wife is thai and resides in Bangkok now. We are expecting our child in June/July, I may also be successful in getting a job in Thailand and I was wondering if the work permit would be feasible with my O -type visa. However my prospective employer has promised to do all arrangements regarding the w.p.

Copy marriage certificate, copy her ID and copy her house registration should be enough to get a non-O based on marriage.

Yes, you can get a work-permit on visa/extension of stay based on marriage.

(Not in Phuket according to reports) :annoyed:

Edit: Letter from your wife to the consular asking for the visa in Thai always helps. ;)

Edited by PoorSucker

Thanks PS - I haven't got the letter from my wife...anyway I will try my charms tomorrow at the consulate...I sort of know this lady who works there...She is half-indian/thai.

I managed to get mine, I needed the letter from my wife and the uae sponsorship letter also and then it was okay...I got it in one day.

Edited by Debothai

• 4 months later...

Copy marriage certificate, copy her ID and copy her house registration should be enough to get a non-O based on marriage.

Yes, you can get a work-permit on visa/extension of stay based on marriage.

(Not in Phuket according to reports) :annoyed:

Edit: Letter from your wife to the consular asking for the visa in Thai always helps. ;)

There should be no problem in obtaining an WP when you have an visa extension based on marriage in Phuket.

Some of my friends did this without any major problems. ( but you need to have all the papers )