Gym Around Langsuan / Bts Area?

infernalman7

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is not the first time this question has popped up in this forum. I am moving down from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and will be living around Soi Langsuan area. So I am just wondering is there any good gym around the area?

I am not a big fan of mass catering fitness center chains like Californian Wow or Fitness First where most of the time it's overcrowded. I am looking for something like hotel gyms or real gyms with a lot of free weights and resistance machines.

Any idea at all?

Near to my place there's this service apartment called Mayfair Mariott and the gym there looks pretty good but I don't know if they will allow memberships for non-hotel guests.

Thanks in advance guys :)

The Hyatt Erawan has a nice gym, but membership isnt cheap...

http://bk.asia-city.com/health/article/unchain-my-gym

The Hyatt gym is great! Do it if you can afford it. It's the opposite of Cal Wow in every way. What a pleasure.

I also used to go to what was then the Hilton on Wittayu, i guess now it's Nailert or something. Not bad if you like tennis.

I used to go to the Marriot Mayfair but they stopped allowing outsiders a few years ago. May have started again....

What about the capitol club...? Capitol Club Bangkok...Might not be that close, Sukhumvit soi 24, but its a huge complex, they have tennis, squash, climbing wall, weights, sauna, jacuzzi, steam room, snooker, swimming pool, restaurants, bar, a good range of machines. I m not gym fanatic, but for a casual user who likes to try a bit of everything I think its good. I think it is not too badly priced also. I rented President Park which is adjoined to it, so had free usage. You could always go and check it out.

If you're looking for flexibility, you can consider joining the Clark Hatch gyms. Pretty sure they cost about 15K per year and should provide you with a number of locations around Bangkok and possibly around the world. They have an outlet in Silom in the Thaniya Road area and also at the Windsor Hotel at Sukhumvit 20, as well as at some of the Amari Hotels around town. If you are looking for even less expensive, the Windsor will let you join for 8000-9000 baht (without the Clark Hatch membership). My friend Herb goes there and they give him that rate. They really want members, so press them to get the best rate.

I've also heard that the JW Marriot and the Sheraton Grande have very nice clubs. Fitness First at the Landmark is great as well. Most of these hotel memberships, allow swimming privileges as well, which is great. All are higher priced, however, not as congested as the more commercial clubs.

• 11 months later...

Just worked out the Clark Hatch gym at Windsor Hotel almost a month ago.

The hotel facilities looked great but not the gym.

Mainly gays (their mannerism confirmed it ><) and students (University I think) in it.

Used towels, socks and shoes were all over the place in the locker room.

1st time will be the last.

Cheers! tongue.png