Fish Pond Cracked (Concrete), How To Fix.

As per thread title, ive got a concrete fish pond that has cracked and is losing about 1/3 of its total water daily through seepage, crack is in the top 1/3 of the thing, its semi above ground.

How do I fix it, it appears to be raw concrete.

Obviously will need to be drained, whats the best way to hold the fish (about 20 Koi's 300mm in length) whilst the repair is happening.

As far as keeping the koi's alive Large container try and use as much of the pond water as poss, also use an oxygen/air pump all out of the direct sun light. Be very careful after you have re cemented the pond as cement until it's cured can give of acid's that are deadly to fish there is a water proof paint water based, that they use for cement roof's that can stop/hold back the acid's take's two day's to dry cure, but the cement need's to be dry first. After that pond can be re filled again put in air pump leave at least a day, then try and odd fish or two to see how they go. Best of luck. If need's be I can find out the name of the paint for you. It's come's in white or grey.

Edited by fredob43

Hi Freedo, thanks for the reply, sounds all to hard for me so I reckon I'll just get the local aquarium guys to come sort it, I reckon they should know who to call to do it.

Get a Thai to fix it EEEEEEEEEK. have you seen most of there work. If you want an easier way just get a plastic pond liner the sheet type. Take out the water, clean, line the pool with several sheet's of news/brown paper and lay in the liner fold as necessary to make it fit and look nice, re-fill cut off the overlap's leave at least 8" though put some nice stone's to hide the edges, and bingo your away should last several year's if you get a good one, 20 min: in this heat if it's a Cheap one. If you cant get a very good one a double up of two cheaper one's should do the trick, any good pond place should sell them. I dont know who did your pond but if it cracked it wasn't done right. It need's a metal frame between the reinforced water proofed concrete and it should be "the concrete" at least 6" thick, 9" on the bottom even more if it's large/deep. Not sure but I think a cubic MT of water weigh's 1 Ton 3/4" of concrete just aint going to do it, problem just waiting to happen. I put the last bit's in as it might help if anyone else is thinking of doing one. Best of luck. Edited by fredob43