Quiet Tires.

Use Nitto, very good and quiet. (Chevy Optra Estate)

Who makes Nitto, i though they made Boy Racer bits.?.

Toyo jap tyres established in America as Nitto many types of tyre, MRO posted about some quiet tyres a while back maybe someone can dig up the thread.

Edited by Kwasaki

I replaced the original equipment Bridgestone tires on a pickup and not a small front wheel drive car. That said, I had no idea how noisy the old tires were. The new Dunlops made it seem like a new truck. Seriously, it was a MAJOR improvement.

Hes gone for Good Year Eagle.

Which one, Eagle F1, Eagle GT, Eagle LS, Eagle RS-A. :D

He has been recommended the Eagle F.1,i note hes got fancy wheels Einkell or something,bigger dia. I was overawed at first by a place called Wheel City in America. I had never seen so many rims from Luxury Cars just discarded for more Flashy ones.To me then Mini Lites by Tec Dell were the D.Bs..Anyone tried this cover, looks solid.?..I can see the point changing on Hi Rider Trucks as those tiny rims and Big Rubber give them a Praying Mantis Look.If you can get 2 Bags of Rice under the Wheel Arch your not an A Lister Chaps.B)

I only remember buying one dissapointing Tire, i nearly spelt Thaier, it was Good Year Aquajet, they wore out in no time. Noise wasnt an Issue, the Nissans Rattles overpowerd the Engine Noise.:jap:

The Bridgestones on my pickup had 89,000 kilometers on them. They still had quite a bit of tread left. I changed them because the rubber got hard and they were very dangerous on wet roads. Long wearing tires are NOT the answer as to what is a good tire. I'll gladly take faster wear and more traction over long life.

How about headphones and a cd player ? :rolleyes:

That won't work for me. I want to be able to hear the Fortuner who is tailgating me beeping his horn that he is going to pass whether there is any traffic coming or not.

Thanks for All Advice, ive told the Dumb Prik not to ask again if he cant wait for your advice.:blink:

Oh well !!! never mind, there the tyres my Mrs has and there not particular quiet, they are a performance tyre and there one directional.

Anyway you can give him this advice, when he takes his motor into Toyota makes sure they don't change the tyres around like in there scheduled service.

Like I have already said on another post before on a tyres thread I change them back to the correct way myself, first time ever used a carjack in Thailand.:)

I gess it's all "chinese rubber". Almost all tires tuday are cheap quality overhere. They will get "stairs" on rheir shounders within 10'000 km already. Therefore they create noise. 12 years ago we never had this problem, just in the last couple years. Cheaper quality more profit for the tire companies, i gess!

You can get high quality Japs tyres here and Goodyear Eagle F1 aren't that cheap and there made in Thailand to Goodyear's spec.

Ours have done 25,000K hold the road like nothing I have ever experienced before and there no more nosier now than from new.

I think what noise there is, is down to low profile and being wide, on good surfaces there absolutely fine IMO.

Edited by Kwasaki

If you have the money, go get some sound insulation done.

It makes all the difference and last for the life of the car.

Unlike tires that get increasingly louder over time, sound proofing the car reduces the need to choose a "quiet" tire over any performance needs.

Then again, its the more expensive option.