Visa - Thai Consulate Penang

Greetings fellow Thai Visa users,

Would like to know if anyone can pass on up-to-date information on the Thai Consulate in Penang.

Are they currently issuing Non-Imm B Multiple 1 Year visas relatively easily?

When I called them last year, they were requiring 8M Baht per application - a bit ludicrous, so I got my visa in Kota Bharu which is now no longer issuing 1 year visas.

Appreciate any feedback as visa run coming up this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Penang will issue and 8M baht registered share capital, plus company papers and work permit with at least 8 months remaining, has been a requirement for a long time.

KL will issue on same paperwork but with only 2M baht registered share capital. Apply morning day 1, collect afternoon day 2.

<br />Penang will issue and 8M baht registered share capital, plus company papers and work permit with at least 8 months remaining,  has been a requirement for a long time.  <br /><br />KL will issue on same paperwork but with only 2M baht registered share capital.  Apply morning day 1, collect afternoon day 2.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Many thanks Thaiphoon - now booked for KL. Appreciate your quick reply. Just intrigued as to why Penang seems to be a law unto themselves with the 8M Baht requirement but who am I to ask, being a mere mortal with all the correct paperwork, who pays her taxes, social security, actually employs the correct number of Thai staff and has never been on overstay in 23 years of either visiting or living in LOS? (P.S. No need to reply - appreciate the opportunity to vent (or will this be edited :-)?)