Uk Visa For My Wifes Daughter ?

Hi guys , Ill tell you about my situation first so you understand what im after and why im moving back to the UK.

I've been married for 6 years to my Thai wife and we have a 4half year old boy together who was born in England .

Now , my wife has a daughter as well from a previous relationship . Her father is Swiss and she is 11 years old.

Her father does'nt have much to do with her , seeing her maybe once a year for about 1 or 2 days and thats it ,no phone calls or anything.

Now ,as my son is at the age where he can start school in England i have decided to pack up and move back to UK pemanantly for the sake of his Education etc.

As my son was born in England and holds a UK passport , he has no problems and as my wife has been to the UK before on a 2 year visa i figured that shouldnt be a problem.

(obviously have to reapply for her)

What are the chances of her daughter being successfull when applying for her visa ?

What type of visa does she require?( a bit confused when looking at different visa types)

Any help on this would be much appreciated as this is a long term plan and we would like to stay together as a family.

Thanks

I believe you will have to apply for a settlement visa for your wife, and for your wife's daughter. so 2 applications. the form you will need is VAF4A

you will have to show you have the finances to look after your wife and family in the uk, and can provide suitable accomodation. Your wife will need legal custody of her daughter and have sole responsibility for her. from what you have said your wife has sole responsibilty it seems.

you obviously have a genuine relationship, but will need to show evidence of this.

Good Luck

I think you have had some good replies and personally don't think you will have any problems with this application as long as you complete the forms correctly and provide the relevant documentation. <div><br></div><div>I did it in 2009 with my wife and then we subsequently got her 8 year old over. We hadn't lived together with him at all as he was being educated with her family in the home town. The only good news on fee's is that when you apply for indefinite leave to remain after the 2 years in UK she will only be an extra lot smaller fee on your wife's application. </div><div><br></div><div>For your Son whilst there are no visa issues i would suggest you look to how you get him into School. There are Local Authority requirements for that age and if your looking at September i would start now. Apologies if you have already done this. For your Daughter you will also have to look around. I was surprised at the lack of help or direction on this. As he was 8 it was a matter of going to the School's and getting him on a waiting list. You can ring and do it or visit. I was told that this situation would change in the next few years but worth a head's up on. </div><div><br></div><div>The only other thing i would consider again if you haven't already is getting a consent form of some sort from Dad of your Daughter. It shouldn't be too much of a problem with a European, i have heard horror stories about Thai Dad's demanding 1000's of Thb to agree the document. We don't know where my lad's Dad is and so haven't got it. France would not give us a Schengen visa for him meaning he couldn't go and visit his Grandparent's who live there. The reasoning was that the Document proving sole custody (which of course was accepted by the UKBA) was a self-serving document and they wanted a "verbal note" from the Thai embassy to confirm that she had sole custody of our son. Of course the Thai Embassy who were very helpful were not prepared to do that. </div><div><br></div><div>Other than that good luck.</div><div> </div>