Problem Ordering From Thanni.Com

mobs00

Anyone else have trouble getting what you ordered from Thanni.com?

I placed an order last Friday (May 27th) for a 35,000 baht computer system and the parts were confirmed as stated in the site. I paid as required and after numerous emails I found out today that half of what I wanted was not available. So now I have to order a system with parts that are mixed and matched and not what I specified. This I do not want to do as I don't want to mix cheap parts with quality ones or have to pay more for higher end gear.

I asked them to cancel the order and they said they can't as the parts are already ready for shipment! How can they be ready if half of them are not available?

Anyone have any suggestions? They have no phone number and the emails go largely unanswered. I am afraid that I am now out 35,000 baht.

Help is much appreciated.

That is far from the first time I've heard that kind of story about that company.

At first glance their website looks like they have a massive stock, only a few products are listed as not being in stock and those you cannot add to your basket which makes you believe the rest are okay. I don't like the fact that you have to transfer your payment before anyone at their end have confirmed the order and let you know everything is available. I know that's how it usually works for webshops, but it seems like amazon.com has a bit better stock reliability than this website :)

I've tried buying from thanni.com once as well and I had the exact same thing happen to me as well. I needed a special RAM block that I could not find anywhere else but they had it listed as being in stock so I went ahead and made the order and transferred the payment. I didn't hear anything for a couple of days so I wrote them to hear what was up, they said it was not in stock and I had to wait about 2 weeks for it to come. As it was something I had bought because I needed it right away and it was listed as being in stock I asked them nicely to cancel my order and transfer the money back. After numerous emails back and forth I was finally able to get them convinced into paying me back, at this point I was boiling over, I don't think I ever received an email with more than one line of text, that really pissed me off.. After agreeing to pay me back it took them about a week to transfer the ~700 baht back to my account, which is weird considering all their bank accounts are in a private name (so transfer are instant) and not company name as most other respectable webshops here do it.

I learned my lesson and will never go there again, but we do also hear about others who like their service so maybe we have just been unlucky I don't know?

The more I dig on the web the more I find.

This problem is not just a one off. Your story sound identical to many I have read online. The thai web forums have a host of information on the company.

I had previously order parts from them a few times before and everything went smoothly so I felt no need to be concerned this time.

I am currently asking the company to return my money and then that will be the end of it. The thai forums have stories of people actually going to the police who then go to the company's address to get the money back. I really hope it does not need to go this far but it is a path I will be willing to take for the amount of money involved.

They refuse to give me a refund and now say they will send the parts they have. What good is half a computer?

I don't even know what they will send as they kept saying this is available and now its not, etc. I talked to another poster who said the same thing happened to him and the refund was sent in cash inside the shipping box!?!??!

So I got half a computer coming with parts unknown and they still have my money.

All the online stores in Thailand are the same in this respect. Think Thai restaurant menu: a lot of it is mere poetry. Not only do they not have items in stock, they can't say when they will be in stock--if ever.

What you have to do BEFORE you order is confirm availability by email OR by phone.

Now you know.

Edited by JSixpack

They sent me some of the parts I wanted, some I didn't and a REFUND FOR THE REMAINDER IN CASH!!!!!! The cash was in an envelope in the box. They shipped by NimSee Seng which is not what I paid for and am lucky nothing got broken.

Because of the parts not in stock the ones they sent me cost an additional 4000 baht. So now I need a processor which they conveniently left out in order to charge for the other parts.

I will never use them again and would highly recommend avoiding THANNI.com

Terrible customer service, one line email responses and basically they take your money as a pre-order before they check with their suppliers to see what's in stock.

They have no stock of their own and wait for your money to arrive so that they can then purchase the items you order. Nice if that was stated somewhere on the site.

I ordered the rest of the missing parts from INVADEIT.CO.TH and am thrilled with how it was handled. Professional customer service and confirmation of all products before payment is made. You can even call them and talk to one of the expats who manage the company. Their prices are a little higher but you get what you pay for and I am grateful as they helped me sort out this terrible experience shopping for computer parts in Thailand with thanni.com

Edited by mobs00

• 3 weeks later...

Thanni sucks! Their customer service sucks! The only thing they want is your money and Maybe you get what you ordered. If you have a problem with some part etc. Try to get the service centre from that product, simpler, cheapier and far more reliable.

• 2 weeks later...