Dlink Dsl-g604t Firmware Update

autonomous_unit

Hi, I can report that I took a shot and installed the latest UK firmware DSL-G604T_FW_V1.00B02T02.UK.20050815, available from the UK DLink site, on my DSL-G604T and it works great. Just an FYI if you have this device and hate its firmware bugs...

The line performance seems unchanged (good) but the web-based configuration has a nicer layout and actually works correctly for me now. I can finally control port-forwarding and such from my Mozilla browser, and incoming traffic seems to have the right IP addresses (not being mangled in reverse by the NAT to show the router as the sending IP).

Please note if you try it: this version has the notion of "saving" configuration settings in the "system commands" section of the web page, so you can change settings and test things, but you need to save them or they go away on the next power cycle. I think this is nice, but it may catch you by surprise if you have had one of the versions that tries to save every little change as you apply it.

Thanks for the update AU.

I do have this unit and I have been looking at updating my Firmware as my port forwarding changes tend to disappear on router restart - but I wasn't sure which version to use and the DLink websites aren't the most user friendly! I'll give this a go when I get home tonight.

Cheers,

GG