Buying Land In Buriram

Virretk

Hi, we currently got an offer about buying land in Buriram, Kok sing, between krasang and satuek. The size of the land is 1 ngan and the price is 80000 baht.

The land holds a chanote and are currently farmland for vegtebales. The land is situated inside a moo bahn.

Is this a expensive price?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought 1 Ngan = 1/4 of a rai, whcih would make this land 360,000 Baht a rai - Seems expensive for vegetable farming land.

That is correct - and ridiculously expensive. 15/20,000 Baht would be nearer the mark.

• Rai - for large Land - Suburbs / Country Side
    1 Rai = 4 Ngan = 400 Tarang Wa = 1600 Sq.m
  • Ngan - Not so common unit...
    1 Ngan = 100 Tarang Wa = 1/4 Rai = 400 Sq.m
  • Tarang Wa - for Land in the Town
    1 Tarang Wa = 1/100 Ngan = 1/400 Rai = 4 Sq.m

If it is in a village, and not quasi farmland but a plot to build a house on, has water/electric at the border of the land, then i think it is decent price indeed.

A decent price for the vendor !

They are growing vegetables on it.

The missus has almost one rai on the edge of village - an offer of 300,000 Baht would be acceptable.

As for our 23 rai just outside...................

very very very expensive, I recently purchased 2.5 Rai for 300,000 baht on the main road in a village in this area and the land already had electricity, a well, level graded and small one room house.

The missus has almost one rai on the edge of village - an offer of 300,000 Baht would be acceptable.

Doesn't matter that "they are growing vegitables on it", it's Chanote land, the most important thing, you can't get better. It's all singing- dancing land and can't be touched by the government, where as Sor Por Kor you can. You can build on it no problem. The OP should buy, as it's a bargain if it works out at 360,000 a Rai. Don't listen to Cardholder.

. Only the Chanote or Nor Sor 4 Jor is a true ownership land title deed in Thailand.
http://www.isaanlawonline.com/thailand-land-ownership-title-deed-law.html Edited by sinbin

We bought 2 rai of Chanote land 18 months ago in the village with electric and government water at 60,000 Baht a Rai.

360,000 is very expensive for village/farm land,

If it is in a village, and not quasi farmland but a plot to build a house on, has water/electric at the border of the land, then i think it is decent price indeed.

once again, if it is land in the mid of the village, ( where who cares if right now car is parking, cows grazing, or vegs grown) but within the village, amongst other houses, with electric and water there....then it is decent price.

those rais go for 300k+, especially if there is decent road in front too....

on the other hand, if out from the village, none the above mentioned available really, dirt road access, then it is a farmland only, and as such very pricey.

Doesn't matter that "they are growing vegitables on it", it's Chanote land, the most important thing, you can't get better. It's all singing- dancing land and can't be touched by the government, where as Sor Por Kor you can. You can build on it no problem. The OP should buy, as it's a bargain if it works out at 360,000 a Rai. Don't listen to Cardholder.

. Only the Chanote or Nor Sor 4 Jor is a true ownership land title deed in Thailand.
http://www.isaanlawo...e-deed-law.html

I don't give a flying fart whether he, or you, listens to me - there are plenty of other posters who recognise the stupidity of paying such an inflated price.

Still, I am delighted that (in YOUR opinion at least) my 23 rai of chanote land has quadrupled in value :o

As i said, if it is a building plot in the mid of a village, with electric/water/road, (what in the moment empty, so veggies growing there), then it is not expensive.

If it is outside village, and nothing like a piece of agri land ( never see before such small lot selling from ricefield, for example) then it would be pricey.

OP might clarify what kind of land we talking about.

As i said, if it is a building plot in the mid of a village, with electric/water/road, (what in the moment empty, so veggies growing there), then it is not expensive.

If it is outside village, and nothing like a piece of agri land ( never see before such small lot selling from ricefield, for example) then it would be pricey.

OP might clarify what kind of land we talking about.

I agree, this would be useful. If the location is 100% perfect for the OP, and he has definate plans for a house on the land, then he effectively becomes a 'special interest' purchaser and could justifiably pay such an amount.

But, I have a mental picture of an infill plot, within the curtilage of the village,that is being used for agricultural purposes.

I am not expecting to OP to come back as he is not a prolific poster.

We bought 2 rai of Chanote land 18 months ago in the village with electric and government water at 60,000 Baht a Rai.

Nah. Away you go and recheck your papers Benjie. Not a chance of getting Chanote land at that price. I live out in the country, Buriram Province, and Sor Por Kor land is fetching 200,000 Rai. Five years ago a Rai of Chanote land was fetching 400,000. I dread to thing what Chanote land is currently fetching. Edited by sinbin

I don't give a flying fart whether he, or you, listens to me - there are plenty of other posters who recognise the stupidity of paying such an inflated price.

Still, I am delighted that (in YOUR opinion at least) my 23 rai of chanote land has quadrupled in value :o

Of course you 'don't give a flying.................,....' Cardholder, as you come over as arrogant, and full of self importance. All of a sudden your piddly 23 Rai has become Chanote land. Obviously it has to be the best, but you never mentioned it before. Makes things look better for you after you read my link didn't it ? How about posting a photo of your land papers on here and prove me wrong.

The reason why posters are saying he's paying "inflated prices' is because like you, they know naff all about land titles and their association to land prices. Get out more Cardholder you will soon learn how ridiculous you really are.

Nah. Away you go and recheck your papers Benjie. Not a chance of getting Chanote land at that price. I live out in the country, Buriram Province, and Sor Por Kor land is fetching 200,000 Rai. Five years ago a Rai of Chanote land was fetching 400,000. I dread to thing what Chanote land is currently fetching.

I don't need to check it, I know what we bought - Almost all of the habitable land in the villages is Chanote, at least in and around my wifes village.

I'd suggest that 100,000 - 120,000 Baht would be a good ballpark figure per rai, half that for farm land.

Buying village land from the internet you are surely going to be paying over the odds.

I don't need to check it, I know what we bought - Almost all of the habitable land in the villages is Chanote, at least in and around my wifes village.

I'd suggest that 100,000 - 120,000 Baht would be a good ballpark figure per rai, half that for farm land.

Buying village land from the internet you are surely going to be paying over the odds.

Nah Benjie, 100,000-120,000 is too low. Whether it's farmland or a swamp, if it's Chanote land then you are going to pay out big bucks. Sor Por Kor land is currently fetching 200,000. I'd expect Chanote to be near the million mark, whatever is on the land. Benjie, here is a photo of a Chanote. If yours is the same what is written in the top right hand corner ? May be Cardholder wants to play in this one ?

Who the hell would buy land on the Internet ? Give over.

post-92127-0-04602800-1307352817_thumb.j

Edited by sinbin

Nah Benjie, 100,000-120,000 is too low. Whether it's farmland or a swamp, if it's Chanote land then you are going to pay out big bucks. Sor Por Kor land is currently fetching 200,000. I'd expect Chanote to be near the million mark, whatever is on the land. Benjie, here is a photo of a Chanote. If yours is the same what is written in the top right hand corner ? May be Cardholder wants to play in this one ?

Yes the Red Garuda.

Why would you pay out big bucks for Chanote? nearly all of the villagers have Chanotes in my wifes village - even for their farm land.

I think perhaps someone has been misleading you, It sounds like you've either overpaid for some land or have been told its way more expensive than it really is. A million baht a rai you would be looking at $100,000 per acre, lol.

Yes the Red Garuda.

Why would you pay out big bucks for Chanote? nearly all of the villagers have Chanotes in my wifes village - even for their farm land.

I think perhaps someone has been misleading you, It sounds like you've either overpaid for some land or have been told its way more expensive than it really is. A million baht a rai you would be looking at $100,000 per acre, lol.

It would actually be approx $75,000 an acre, and considering the state of the economy in the US that isnt a bad price for prime land in Issan

Yes the Red Garuda.

It would actually be approx $75,000 an acre, and considering the state of the economy in the US that isnt a bad price for prime land in Issan

Actually if you are going to be pedantic it would be $82,500.

As a friend of mine is keen on saying, if you believe that Issan land is worth a million baht because it's Chanote - I have a bridge I might be convinced to part with if the money is right.

Hi again, the land is inside a village, and close to the village road witch leads out to the main big road. The land needs to be filled up before it's ready to build a house on, and that's my intention with the land.

Im not buying land as an investment. Thanks for all the replies!

Anybody want to buy my 30 rai of land with chanote, electricity, well (and mains water nearby).... at 400,000 per rai? Oh yes, and it adjoins a village, and is on a metalled road. (Also in Buriram)

Me first IB :lol:

Made a bit of a balls of scanning this:-

land.pdf

Edited by cardholder

I'd expect Chanote to be near the million mark, whatever is on the land.

I p!ssed myself at that one sinbin.

You must be on drugs.........or,...........

hold on a minute, I've sussed it...........

..... YOU must be the vendor ... :lol:

Edited by cardholder