High Speed Internet

Twin

I live in apartment on lower Sukhumvit and I'm using QNET's 512/256 package for B2,350 per month.

On the 2Wire speed test I average anywhere between 140 and 300 Kbps.

Does anyone here feel they are receiving value for money?

Reading through the many threads on this subject, it "appears" TOT's gold cyber package is worth considering.

So, is anyone happy with their service?

Twin

If you have just come to Thailand from abroad, you're bound to be disappointed by what passes for high-speed Internet here. I consider my ADSL connection (CS-Loxinfo over TT&T line) to be good value relative to what I was paying for dial-up access per month with CS-Loxinfo, adding up the combined cost for both the local phone calls and the access time. I have an always-on connection (well, mostly always) and it's faster than the dialup-up access. Could it be faster and more reliable? Sure, but it's beats being on dial-up for the same cost per month.

I had 1024/256 goldcyber (1000 baht) installed in Patong Phuket about 5 or 6 months back.. (over the years I have been IPstar / JI Net TOT / Etc)..

Month 1 and some of 2 bearable 400kbps international speeds..

Then slowly speeds dropping until it just failed.. down to single digit kbps.. Proxy servers chokcing DNS servers choking.. collapse.. worse than dial up.. Took about 3 months of down hill to get like that and was dire in august, was going to change..

About 1 month ago they had a week long problem (no connection at at all) while they installed a server at the CAT office that was not configured correctly..

Since then I get about 800kpbs download speed internationally, and it has been 95% uptime.. Occasionally the DNS seems to freeze but sorts itself out ofter a minute or two..

So my verdict depends on when you ask.. If I keep getting the service I have had for the last month I will be happy for the price I pay.. If I was doing something mission critical Thailand would not be where I based any work !!

Edited by LivinLOS

I'm in Pakkret and started off with True 128/256 over a True line. Last week I applied for 256/512 and it started this morning, it's certainly quicker than 128/256, especially when downloading with DAP, speeds approx 70kps as opposed to 30kps before. It's a bit soon to get a proper idea of VFM but it's looking good. Ever since I started ADSL with True it's been ok, much better than dial up, but sometimes it is slow (peak periods etc) and the odd time unusable, overall I'm not complaining too much.

I'm reasonably happy with KSC out here in darkest Pathum Thani. got the slowest unlimited package (1900 a month), stops occasionally (one a month or so) but tech support always get it going in 10 mins or so.

With the tiny pipe out of Thailand to the rest of the world I don't expect much, I certainly don't intend paying for a faster link just yet.

As always YMMV :o

If you have just come to Thailand from abroad, you're bound to be disappointed by what passes for high-speed Internet here.  I consider my ADSL connection (CS-Loxinfo over TT&T line) to be good value relative to what I was paying for dial-up access per month with CS-Loxinfo, adding up the combined cost for both the local phone calls and the access time.  I have an always-on connection (well, mostly always) and it's faster than the dialup-up access.  Could it be faster and more reliable?  Sure, but it's beats being on dial-up for the same cost per month.

Would have to agree 100%

The first time I got on the internet in Thailand it was costing me B500.00 for 10 Hrs plus phone calls (Samart). So todays high speed packages are considerably cheaper, faster and more reliable. As Ovenman said, sure beats what I have had in the past.

I live in apartment on lower Sukhumvit and I'm using QNET's 512/256 package for B2,350 per month.

On the 2Wire speed test I average anywhere between 140 and 300 Kbps.

Does anyone here feel they are receiving value for money?

Reading through the many threads on this subject, it "appears" TOT's gold cyber package is worth considering.

So, is anyone happy with their service?

Twin

I have maxnet...512/256 for about 790 baht/month. I'm happy with that.